2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I disagree with people who hate the interior.

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "MPG, awesome cockpit ergonomics"

Cons: "Could use a little more power on hills."

"I have only had the car for about a month. Like most people I bought it for the mileage (which is great), but it turns out I really like driving it. I think this car easily has the best ergonomic design of any car I've owned. The heads-up display is excellent. The center console seemed odd when I first drove the car, but now I recognize that it makes the navigation, stereo, and climate-control buttons easy to see and reach for the driver. The bluetooth hands-free system and streaming audio are awesome. Great JBL 8-speaker sound system. The seats are very comfortable and the 2011 models have seat height adjustment and a telescoping steering wheel. In my mind this seems to have fixed driver comfort issues that people had with older Prii. My wife doesn't care for the look of the seats or dash. In my opinion, the interior doesn't look "luxurious" but I think it looks modern, durable, and kinda sporty."

Very reliable and efficient

By on Saturday, March 4, 2017

Pros: "great price, reliable, fuel efficient, good tech"

Cons: "interior quality"

"I bought a 2015 Prius II brand new. Over two years and 30k miles later, this car has been a gem. It is very reliable. I have had absolutely zero mechanical issues from the vehicle. The gas mileage is a given. I live in a mountainous area, and I seem to get better gas mileage than when I visit family at the beach. I average 50+ every trip I go on around town. I think having more hills charges the battery more as you have to brake more frequently. Obviously this is not a drivers car. It doesnt handle all that well, but I didnt buy this car to do autocross events. I think it has more than enough power based on what you are buying. I have no problem getting to highway speed on an on-ramp, and no problems passing cars going from 60 to about 75 or more. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants a cheap (in price) vehicle that is reliable and extremely fuel efficient. The cargo space is also very good for a vehicle of its size. We have two kids now so we outgrew the Prius as our primary car (had to buy a mini-van). The most painful part of that was seeing our van getting 18 mpg :( I still drive the Prius on a regular basis just based on fuel economy alone!"

Bad driver seat and can't handle wind gusts

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Go gas mileage and reliablle"

Cons: "Expensive car, wayyyyyyyyy expensive"

"oh my bum! I drive 100 miles a day and the 2010 has a bad driver seat for backs and bums. I have rented the 2011. 2012 and 2013. So I know what I am talking about. As for driving in the wind - the higher the wind the lower you drive"

Solid car - very efficient and reliable

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"It's a good car, averaging just over 50 MPG with no obvious mechanical problems after two years. Only gripes are that it is boring to drive and makes a fair amount of road noise."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"