2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

its a cream puff, best milage per gallon ever

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "made me be a safer driver"

"previously owned a 1992 caddy got 12-15 mpg filled up every 10 days, now i get 48=50 mpg who needs to say anything else"

Best Car for the money in 45 years of ownership

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Mileage, seamless transition across hybrid mo"

Cons: "Reduced Content vs Gen II"

"Best car for the money in 45 years of car ownership. This is our second Prius. This car's low cost of ownership makes it "free" versus the costs of other cars. It saves more in gas alone than other car's lease payments. Quality continues to be first rate. The reduction in content in Gen III vs Gen II is annoying however. Ride and handling is better than reviews give it credit for."

I couldn't ask for a better car for commuting!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Amazing MPG, a pleasure to drive, keyless entry."

Cons: "Interior is a little utilitarian."

"This car has really impressed me. I thought that I would give up a great ride and adequate power on the freeway when I switched from a Volvo S60 to the Prius - but I was was very wrong. This car has great get-up-and-go and handles extremely well at high speeds on winding mountain roads. The ride is very good for such a small car. The display features for battery/motor usage have helped me be more efficient in my driving. Seeing the avg. MPG at about 49-50 in the warmer months and 44-46 in the colder months makes me truly happy. The keyless entry is also a real plus. I'm not a tree hugger, but I do feel like I'm doing my part to help the environment with this car. Its a little funky looking, but hey, something so different from the rest of the pack when it comes to fuel efficiency is allowed to look a little different as well. I would buy this same car again, in a heartbeat!"

Very nice car but visibility is not good

By on Friday, May 12, 2017

Pros: "Very nice. Excellent power train."

Cons: "Horrible visibility"

"I bought my Prius in 2011. I love it, except for two things: 1. The visibility is terrible. I finally learned how to change lanes to the right. You go a tad faster than traffic in the next lane, when you see a car that was to your right now in the rear window (and there is nothing else in the way) you can change lanes. 2. On a cold day, the heat way overshoots and you get frying hot for a while. But once it has settled down, the heat and A/C works fine. There are 3 power modes: Eco, Normal, and Power. Power is way to jumpy. Normal works very well. With Eco there is often a 3/4 second delay after stepping on the accelerator until you really get acceleration. I think it is waiting for the engine to start and get up to power. But that means that it is not sucking gobs of power from the battery, which should make the battery last longer. So I usually drive in Eco mode. Be careful pulling into driveways. I pulled into a friends driveway. The driveway had a short steep ramp, and then the apron. A tree root had pressed the apron up about an inch. Something under the front of the car caught on the edge of the raised apron and was damaged. That was a 3000 repair job. When Toyota repaired it they installed some new upgrade kit for the front. So this must have happened to other people as well. When it was new I got about 50 MPG. When I needed new tires, I got Michelins. I found out that those were not Toyota-recommended. The gas mileage went down to about 47. But I do lots of freeway driving in California, where the effective speed limit is way over the official limit (65)."

Best small car ever!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Great price for what you get. Great on gas!"

Cons: "Oil changes are expensive but not often needed."

"I love the Prius because it looks small on the outside but it is actually very roomy on the inside. The seats lay down so I can load a lot into it. My 3 kids fit in the back just fine or one can ride up front and the two kids in the back have a drop down drink holder from the middle of the seat. The front passengers have 4 drink holders if needed and two glove boxes with lots of storage. A place for everything and gets great gas milage. I took my kids from Dallas, TX to Carlsbad, NM and made it just shy of my destination on one tank of gas. That's was awesome!!"