2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

2010 Prius

By on Friday, February 4, 2011

"Found car 1,200 miles away at the end of model year. great deal! Got 41 mpg at over 80 mph. Over 50 mpg in town. Great car. Stylish and not "dog slow"."

Love the car, my only complaint is poor visability

By on Friday, May 19, 2017

Pros: "Cant beat the dependability and the gas mileage."

Cons: "Poor viability and less than agile handling."

"Love the reliability and the gas mileage. It does all I want a car to do. My only complaints are with the poor viability and, the less than agile handling. Yes, it has a rear-view back-up camera, but who trusts that? I find myself preferring to walk 3 or 4 blocks rather than try to parallel park the car. And since I live up in the foothills, there are a lot of twists and turns and the cars handling doesnt feel as safe as I would like it to be. Also, while going uphill in the snow, if the wheels slip at all, the power shuts down, just when you need it the most. So its easy to get stuck in the snow, which has happened to more more than once. That is no safety feature as far as Im concerned. But, I would buy another newer model with improved safety features because you really cant beat the dependability and the gas mileage."

Great milage (49-52)

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "MPG, fun and confortable to drive."

Cons: "Side mirror adjustment is poorly located."

"Fun to drive, great MPG,"

I disagree with people who hate the interior.

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "MPG, awesome cockpit ergonomics"

Cons: "Could use a little more power on hills."

"I have only had the car for about a month. Like most people I bought it for the mileage (which is great), but it turns out I really like driving it. I think this car easily has the best ergonomic design of any car I've owned. The heads-up display is excellent. The center console seemed odd when I first drove the car, but now I recognize that it makes the navigation, stereo, and climate-control buttons easy to see and reach for the driver. The bluetooth hands-free system and streaming audio are awesome. Great JBL 8-speaker sound system. The seats are very comfortable and the 2011 models have seat height adjustment and a telescoping steering wheel. In my mind this seems to have fixed driver comfort issues that people had with older Prii. My wife doesn't care for the look of the seats or dash. In my opinion, the interior doesn't look "luxurious" but I think it looks modern, durable, and kinda sporty."

Blue chip realiability

By on Friday, June 9, 2017

Pros: "reliable, effiecient, cheap to maintain, high mpg"

Cons: "sun visos, headlight range, nav sceen in bright sn"

"My Prius V, three is a very reliable car. It has about 42700 miles on it and to date, does not require much maintenance, other than tire rotations, synthetic oil every 10k, allignment every two years. It had two recalls, one for airbags, which was not part of the mass recalls, and the computer was re-flashed so that the engine and hybrid system were more efficient. The only changes I made to the car were star bright headlights upgrade and an electric rearview mirror. This car is used daily for a variety of uses, especially by my wife who has hauled numerous bags of dirt and bricks, while giving us high mpgs. I recently replaced the tires with Michelin Premier A/S. The seats are comfortable, and they are easy to get in and out of. The ear seats slide fore and aft, and we have a rear privacy shade. The windows are tinted. The AC has both manual and auto settings and keeps the car cool in summer and warm in winter. The only thing I do not like are the sun visors, as they are useless when it comes to keeping out the sun when it shines on the side windows. I had to use extra pieces of tint to compensate for the bright sun. It has adequate power; if you use the power setting to get on the on ramp or for passing. Other than that, the eco power setting works well! The navigation setting is adequate, but the screen is hard to see in full sun, even with tinting. The back-up camera a is a blessing, but the backing beeping noise is a pain in the neck. I follow the maintenance schedule, change the filters, and have fuel injection and top engine cleaning every 25K. I keep the tire pressure a 35psi. The 12 volt storage battery, not to be confused with the hybrid battery, is a gel battery and according to Toyota can last 10 years or more with proper care. The hybrid battery is warranted for 8 years or 100k miles, by Toyota. We are very satisfied with this car and intend to keep it for a long time!"

Bad driver seat and can't handle wind gusts

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Go gas mileage and reliablle"

Cons: "Expensive car, wayyyyyyyyy expensive"

"oh my bum! I drive 100 miles a day and the 2010 has a bad driver seat for backs and bums. I have rented the 2011. 2012 and 2013. So I know what I am talking about. As for driving in the wind - the higher the wind the lower you drive"

Solid car - very efficient and reliable

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"It's a good car, averaging just over 50 MPG with no obvious mechanical problems after two years. Only gripes are that it is boring to drive and makes a fair amount of road noise."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"

Great Car!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

"Comfortable and fun to drive. I love it more each time gas prices go up."

its a cream puff, best milage per gallon ever

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "made me be a safer driver"

"previously owned a 1992 caddy got 12-15 mpg filled up every 10 days, now i get 48=50 mpg who needs to say anything else"

Best Car for the money in 45 years of ownership

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Mileage, seamless transition across hybrid mo"

Cons: "Reduced Content vs Gen II"

"Best car for the money in 45 years of car ownership. This is our second Prius. This car's low cost of ownership makes it "free" versus the costs of other cars. It saves more in gas alone than other car's lease payments. Quality continues to be first rate. The reduction in content in Gen III vs Gen II is annoying however. Ride and handling is better than reviews give it credit for."

I couldn't ask for a better car for commuting!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Amazing MPG, a pleasure to drive, keyless entry."

Cons: "Interior is a little utilitarian."

"This car has really impressed me. I thought that I would give up a great ride and adequate power on the freeway when I switched from a Volvo S60 to the Prius - but I was was very wrong. This car has great get-up-and-go and handles extremely well at high speeds on winding mountain roads. The ride is very good for such a small car. The display features for battery/motor usage have helped me be more efficient in my driving. Seeing the avg. MPG at about 49-50 in the warmer months and 44-46 in the colder months makes me truly happy. The keyless entry is also a real plus. I'm not a tree hugger, but I do feel like I'm doing my part to help the environment with this car. Its a little funky looking, but hey, something so different from the rest of the pack when it comes to fuel efficiency is allowed to look a little different as well. I would buy this same car again, in a heartbeat!"

Great car for my particular needs.

By on Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Pros: "Great gas economy, tech package is a MUST"

Cons: "My brothers make fun of me. I could have a Benz."

"I drive about 600 miles a week for my sales job. Living in NJ, they jacked the gas tax 23 cents a gallon, so we no longer have relatively cheap gas. I bought the 2014 with the navigation package, and it operates wonderfully. I traded out of an Acura TSX, which I loved. I plugged all of my customers into the Toyotas navigation so I can have the fastest, shortest, or most economical route options to the next account. It is quite comfortable, the acceleration isnt the best, but I wasnt thinking it would be. For my personal purposes, its a great car. I have about 104,000 miles on it, and have never had a day of downtime. Replace brakes and tires, just average maintenance. I expect to get over 250,000 miles out of it before I get another one."

Best small car ever!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Great price for what you get. Great on gas!"

Cons: "Oil changes are expensive but not often needed."

"I love the Prius because it looks small on the outside but it is actually very roomy on the inside. The seats lay down so I can load a lot into it. My 3 kids fit in the back just fine or one can ride up front and the two kids in the back have a drop down drink holder from the middle of the seat. The front passengers have 4 drink holders if needed and two glove boxes with lots of storage. A place for everything and gets great gas milage. I took my kids from Dallas, TX to Carlsbad, NM and made it just shy of my destination on one tank of gas. That's was awesome!!"

Fantastic Car!

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

"Haven't even been to the gas station yet! This says it all. The Prius v is quiet, comfortable and roomy for our family of 4 plus labrador retriever."

I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't own a Prius.

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Pep, driving characteristics and ride, spacious"

Cons: "Driver seat encourages slumped posture"

"Best gas mileage by far for any comparable car. This is my second Prius; I traded a 2005 to get the better mileage, power, and space of the 2010. I enjoy driving 340 miles to visit my daughter without having to stop for gas. Fill-up is usually about 8 gallons. I'm proud of helping in a minor way to extend the years until the earth runs out of oil, and keeping a little money out of the hands of the oil merchants."

Best vehicle EVER!

By on Sunday, February 6, 2011

"My 2nd Prius and I love it. I will NEVER own anything but a Toyota Prius."

very good

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "excellent mileage"

Cons: "Not for heavy or tall persons- i am average so ok"

"Trusty car with excellent mileage."

Exceeded my expectations

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Saves tons of money on fuel."

Cons: "Not a race car. Weak acceleration."

"I needed a car for long trips to work and back everyday. This car exceeded expectations by being very fuel efficient. I could get over 60mpg while cruising at 48mph. My car has 50.3 miles per gallon average over it's life time of driving 35,000 miles. So, far compared to my previous car 18mpg Mercury Cougar, I've already saved over $6000 in gas alone."

awesome vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"fantastic car. very comfortable and reliable."

Lowest operating cost of any vehicle, easy drive

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, seamless drivetrain, great mileage"

Cons: "Some road noise, hard plastics interior"

"The Prius is the current best answer to most family transportation needs - best gas mileage, most comfortable driver, best transmission/shifter, great luggage capacity, great accessories"

best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "great MPG"

"best vehicle ever!"