2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

awesome vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"fantastic car. very comfortable and reliable."

Lowest operating cost of any vehicle, easy drive

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, seamless drivetrain, great mileage"

Cons: "Some road noise, hard plastics interior"

"The Prius is the current best answer to most family transportation needs - best gas mileage, most comfortable driver, best transmission/shifter, great luggage capacity, great accessories"

best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "great MPG"

"best vehicle ever!"

excellent economy car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Lot's of luggage room for a small car."

Cons: "Ground clearance can be a problem."

"Very comfortable ride for a vehicle this size. Peppy enough not to get run over on the highway yet very economical to drive. Excellent quality. Took a bad rap when the government was on Toyota's case."

Good Car

By on Friday, April 1, 2011

"I love my prius, its a great car. Great gas mileage, but there's two things I don't like about the car first the fabric of the seats are poorly made compare to a corolla. Second, the interior is easily scratched. Beside those everything else is wonderful."

Best car ever

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I have had my 2010 Prius for 18 months. It is a comfortable car and a quite roomy interior for the smallness of the exterior. Waited 6 weeks to get it, and am glad that I got one. Mine makes better gas milage in the spring and fall when I don't have to use either a/c or heat, but even then still making 47-49 mpg in the winter and summer. Best trip milage so far was 60 mpg. Can't wait to take it on a longer trip. I would recommend this car for anyone looking for great gas milage and having the fun of driving by the gas station for, depending on how much you drive, weeks at a time. (Usually for me that's 3-4 weeks at a time.)"

excellent value

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I have been driving my 2010 Prius IV for several months now and am very please with its comfort and gas milage. I am getting 53 mpg now in the cold weather and expect to get more when the summer arrives. The car feels substantial, not cheap when driving. the seat is very comfortable with its soft leather and power lumbar support. The Prius is a very good value. My car insurance actually dropped when I switched it from my 2006 Honda Civic. Very happy with the car."

Luv my Prius

By on Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"I love my Prius. It's like a little spaceship. Sleek on the outside and roomy on the inside. It's beautiful and modern, fun to drive (I love trying to get drive only my hybrid battery) and so incredibly comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is my radio. If I'd had the extra money, I would have upgraded to the tech package, but maybe down the line, I will just upgrade my speakers. That's probably all it needs. I think everyone should do their part for the environment and buy hybrids!"

The commuters dream

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Efficient and roomy."

Cons: "Looks like a slice of cheese."

"Straight of the dealers lot the car averaged about 46mpg. With a few mild driving adjustments, I regularly average 50-53mpg. It will be hard to ever think of a car without radar adaptive cruise control again. What a relief to set the cruise control during commute hours and let the car adjust speed or brake when necessary! This feature takes all the stress out of my 45 minute commute. We are particularly pleased with the amount of room inside the car. The backseat can hold a larger person with ample legroom and headroom. When the seats fold down, we can haul quite a load. I put 18 bankers boxes in the back when I recently moved my office. For a utilitarian hybrid, the car also handles quite well. I have been in a couple emergency braking situations where the radar kicks in and stops the vehicle, or have needed to maneuver quickly to avoid collision. In both cases the car reacted as desired."

2010 Prius

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Very nice car. Great milage. I did have a problem with the braking system not being programed correctly at the factory. This took some time to get corrected by the dealer. The tires that came on the car (Yokahama ?) were not good. Almost no traction.... I switched them to Continental Eco Plus and it now stops fine in wet weather and give a better ride. New tires might have knocked back the MPG but I will have a better idea when it warms up. 55 + MPG in warm weather. 45 MPG in cold weather."

great car

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "comfortable and rides nice. Softex seats are great"

Cons: "no cons"

"fun car to drive.handles well on snow and ice. comfortable ride . Heats up fast in cold wx. Interior noise is virtually absent. MPG overall in extreme cold wx {below zero}has been 35.6 mpg. power for pickup in needed situations is sufficient so not a factor as some seem to think. softex seats are great and comforable for those long trips. Goor vehicle to own. Some expected engine noise at high acceleration but thats expected with a 4 cyl."

incredible fuel milage. moderately comfortable

By on Friday, November 9, 2012

"I bought it new and commute 110 miles per day to work and back on interstate with cruise at 73 mph. With a/c on Averages 50 mpg. With a/c off it averages 55 mpg. Cruising town and local highways staying under 50 mph on average= with a/c on 58 mpg. With a/c off 61 mpg. (I guess I drive like a grandma) Mpg exceeds my expectation by far. Only dislike is that there is no lumbar support in the seat which I cant understand considering it has such amenities as voice controlled infomation system, go figure. I would give it 10/10 where it not for the moderately uncomfortable seats."

I LOVE MY 2010 PRIUS III!!!!

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, fun to drive, technology package..."

Cons: "NONE!"

"When I bought the car my expectations were low. I bought it for the fuel economy. While the fuel economy has not disappointed me, the car is so much better than I expected. It is actually pretty zippy when you need it to be. It is extremely comfortable. It is absolutely reliable. I highly recommend the navigation package. I feel very safe in this car since it can always get me home, no matter how lost i get. And it has personality to spare. I owned 2 Audis prior to my Prius and while both the Audi A4 and A6 are amazing cars the balance of economy and creature comforts in the Prius can't be be beat. And I feel like I am being good to the planet. The Prius has performed well in a New England winter too. The gas mileage went down to about 46 mpg in the cold with the snow tires but I felt no appreciable difference in handling on ice from my Audi with AWD. And 46 mpg as opposed to the 18 mpg I got in my A6 was great!"

Less Sound,Less pollution,

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Silent machine , great fuel economy , great eco saver wonderful design,"

Cons: "Driver seat should be little bit higher so as the road visibility will be better.."

"I bought my 2010 Prius III on Dec 2010. I got this for 23,685 including tax and title. So far I drove 14k miles. Never had any issue with my Prius. I always drive my car in ECO mode. I get 48 mpg on freeways and 50 mpg on the local roads. Bluetooth is very useful. JBL Audio system is very nice. I kept 3 rectangular boxes in the cargo space, so as the groceries wont move around and spill.. Dashboard is very well planned and space used very intelligently. 6 CD changer is a plus. Nitrogen filled tires are also a plus. Each tank fill gives approximately 470 miles. My daughter wants this car after she goes to college, because she is also an eco lover."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I did a lot of research on many different cars before i settled on the Prius III and I'm glad I got the Prius. I dont' agree with most of the negative points some make about this car. This is a hybrid. It is designed to get great milage and save you tons of money on gas. My Prius runs well, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable. I love the Nav system and the audio system with the JBL speakers. Yes, you have to get used to driving any Hybrid. But once you get the hang of it, it is great. The keyless entry is a blast. And, the car has lots of room up front, in the back seat, and in the cargo area.I'm 6'1 and 250lbs and I have lots of room in the cockpit. I too am new to the Prius but I am getting the 50mpg that the car is supposed to deliver. I am very happy with my choice. And, I get 3 years of free oil changes, and it's synthetic oil to boot!"

Great car! ...but not for everyone.

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "mileage, reliability, smooth, lots of room"

Cons: ""cheap" interior and the seats"

"Purchased my 2011 Prius II brand new. I spent over a year researching, reading reviews, and pestering the sales men with test drives in cars such as the Jetta TDI, CR-Z, Civic hybrid, and Accord. My main criteria, in order, were: gas milage, reliability and quality, roominess, and visibility. Over the last 40,000 miles my Prius has proved itself time and time again and I'm thrilled with it! Smooth ride, quiet (love sneaking up on people in electric mode), excellent brakes that have saved me from an accident several times, and no maintenance except oil changes every 5k miles. My gas milage in eco mode during winter months is about 47-50mpg. Summer brings milage around 55-64mpg. My commute is mostly back roads and some highway. I am not a lead foot and don't mind taking a few extra minutes to get somewhere. That being said, the Prius does have get up and go when switched to power mode and you step on the gas! I was surprised to learn that the Prius 0-60 acceleration was only about a second behind the Jetta TDI! We've made several long distance trips, cruise control set at 72mph usually results in about 52mpg. The lowest I've gotten was over 900 miles going 85-90mph, we averaged about 40mpg. That's great when you think about it, but I was horrified! ;) I've never had any electric or engine troubles. Everything is holding together well, even though we live up a 1/2 mile gravel driveway that gets pretty rough. There is a slight rattle coming from the little shelf thing in the center console, but that can be easily fixed with a small piece of felt. One of my main complaints is the interior plastics which scratch easily. I have the tan interior which doesn't show scratches as much as the grays. The button and knob quality is fine, the issue is with door panels and dash. Another issue is the seat shape. While they're not exactly uncomfortable, a few small changes could make a world of difference. When comparing the Prius to the other cars I mentioned, I found that unless you're paying close to $30k, the interiors aren't going to give the expensive feel. Also, when it comes to visibility, from my experience, most new sedans do not have great visibility. I would definitely recommend a Prius to anyone looking for a reliable and fuel efficient car."

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, extra features"

Cons: "price, horsepower"

"I've had this car for a few months now. I love that I can put 9-10 gallons of gas in this car ($27-$35) and it goes 450 miles! The extra features I got are also wonderful: back up camera, navigation, and solor powered ventilation system (it keeps my car cooler in a hot parking lot) The only downside is that this car's ability to go from 0 to 60 is weak. However, if you get a model with "power mode" (I think all 2010 and newer have it) you can use that and it gives you the power you need to get onto a freeway."

This is truly the best vehicle ever.

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"I am averaging over 52 mpg. It has been reliable and great to drive. This is my second Prius. The first was a 2006. It also was a wonderful car that averaged 49 mpg. I put over 200000 miles on it before trading it in on a new one. Best vehicle ever!"

Eye-popping MPG in a cool, hi-tech package

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Crazy MPG, cool tech, Toyota reliability (I hope)"

Cons: "soft acceleration, flimsy doors"

"My long commute made a new car necessary. This Prius Plug-In was about 7-8K more than a conventional Prius, but I get way better MPG, a tax break, and I can drive in the carpool lane solo. There are a lot of efficiency displays, and I'll admit that it's like a slightly addictive video game to try to keep the Prius in the most efficient zone. Then you get a payoff when you turn off the car and see that you've gotten 80+ MPG!! Even the base-level PlugIn has all the extras: touchscreen with Navi, heated seats, bluetooth integration to cell and iPod, backup camera, push-button start, "smart" key that stays in your pocket. It's surprisingly roomy (I'm 6' 3") and can even fit my teenager and a friend in the back. Charging is easier than I had thought. I plug it into a regular outlet in my garage ("just like a hairdryer," according to my wife) and I get about 13 miles of all-electric driving in about 3 hours. At my office, we have a 220 charging station and that gives a full charge in 90 minutes. A few cons: * Acceleration is leisurely, although there's a "power" mode than gives you a boost for onramps and passing power. * The doors and gas tank feel chintzy. Even if you don't mean to slam the door, you worry you might get a dent! * On the pricy side. It'll take a lot of gas (even at $4 a gallon) to make up the difference. But overall, I LOVE IT!!"

So far so good!

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"We purchased the car in early August and so far really like it. The mileage has been great, we love the styling and it is very comfortable. We traded in our 02 Camry and this car has as much if not more room than the Camry. It is our first hybrid car so had to relearn our driving habits. Really like the Smart Key and navigation systems. We have the 17" tires and they magnify the bumps, but the good handling is a trade off that we wanted. Like most newer vehicles you can't see the front of the car from the drivers seat and that takes some adjustment. The leather seats are very comfortable and the height adjustment on the drivers seat is excellent. Really appreciate the under floor storage and the expandable cargo area. Our old Camry seemed to be quieter on the inside, but again it may be the larger tires. The audio system is very good and we really like the continous posting of mileage achieved on the dash. Overall so far we're very pleased with our purchase. We researched all hybrids and decided on the Prius because of the mileage and the futuristic design of the cockpit!"

Jealous of my wife's Prius

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "most futuristic, luxury, hybrid ever built"

Cons: "NAV system is not that great"

"I owned a RAV4 2009 6 Limited leather. My wife bought a 2012 Prius 2. Every time I'd get in her car I'd see how many miles she had left to empty. 430, 390, and then her mpg were like 47. I was working to get 23 in the RAV. When we went on vacation I realized there wasn't much difference in the room either between the two. So I traded my RAV in for Prius 4. I love it. I love the quiet, the MPG's, the interior, the room, who cares if gas goes to $5 a gallon? It is quick off the gun and there is power to spare on the highway. It's not a muscle car, it's not a luxury car, it's not a truck. It's the best, most futuristic, luxury, hybrid ever built. My last two tanks were over 52 mpg."

Overall I love my Prius!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, quiet, so many features!!!"

Cons: "No sun glasses holder, no coin catcher"

"I bought my 2011 last December. I had been looking a LONG time for something smaller than my Infiniti G35 and that took regular gas. I drove a LOT of cars and I must admit I was pretty spoiled. I had a BMW before that. Finally drove a Prius. Don't even know why but as soon as I did I KNEW it was the car I wanted!!! So many options in a small car. Rode so nice and smooth and the space inside was quite deceiving!!!! We immediately took it on a road trip with 4 adults from TX to IA and back. We got fantastic mileage for it being winter and having 4 adults, all our luggage plus all our gifts, etc. I road up front so I can't say for sure how the back road but one of the passengers was 5'11" so it accommodated him! The wind is definitely more noticeable in this than my Infiniti that I traded. To be expected. Not as much as expected tho. The Prius is heavier than you might think. The bad - I purchased a Prius III because it is what they had on the lot with most of what i wanted. Had to have the solar roof. They added the leather, heated seats that I wanted. Along with the dimming, home link mirror. What I didn't know then, but do know now is something I have to live with and I HATE!!!!! The keyless entry isn't your usual keyless entry. Check that out!!! If you are a guy and just take it out of your pocket and hit the button it may not be as big of a deal. But for women, the whole idea is that we put the fob in our purse and are supposed to never have to take it out. Push button start. Pull the handle to open the door. Sensor on the handle to lock them. Well, that isn't true for all doors. The hatch in particular. If you get the PriusIV, the hatch door also has a sensor to unlock it but on the others it doesn't. This means that when I get groceries and come out to the car, I have to go to the back of my car, park the cart and make sure it doesn't roll away, go to the driver's door, pull the handle which unlocks all doors EXCEPT THE HATCH, open the door and hit the unlock doors button and then go back to open the hatch door to load my groceries. It's just a pain. Either that or dig out my keys which I never remember to do ahead of time. It's not enough to make me hate the car at all but I'll try my best to get it added until I don't have this car anymore!! There are little things you need to be aware of between the models I, II, III, IV. Advice? RESEARCH and ask questions first!!! :)"

Delighted

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I purchased this as one of the first to be delivered, based upon past model performance - and was not disappointed. Just returned from a 2000 mile "Road Trip" (it now has 4000 miles on it) to really get the feel for this gem. This is the Prius V - with all the toys. The "toys" are wonderful, particularly the laser cruise control (which I have been using on my Lexus for 6 years). This, in combination with Lane Keep Assist, makes long distance driving effortless. Fit and finish is excellent. Instrumentation was extremely clear and informative after getting used to it; lots of interior room (deceptive from outside) - sort of like the Tardis (yes Tardis, NOT Taurus). My mileage for this road trip (without trying) was 55 mpg - and much of the trip was at 65 mph. Nice 17" wheels, stereo blue tooth (which my iPhone really loves), Sirius/XM (really wonderful - you could listen to NPR or CNN from CA to NYC without changing channels), etc. Had a GREAT time. It's very quiet and has more than adequate zoom when wanted. New models (after Oct 1), I understand, will have Toyota's version of OnStar - which would have been nice. What a kick to be waiting in traffic and have ZERO EMISSIONS. It does what it promises with great style. Highest recommendations. If it had higher ground clearance and all-wheel drive, I'd give up my RX in a heartbeat."

GREAT VEHICLE !!

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "see above !"

Cons: "MPG's not great in city driving where I live !"

"I bought it new in 2010,it has 32,000 miles on it,second set of tires.I have driven it to Colorado 4 times,average MPG 52. My car gets better MPG on highway then in city,I live in Pgh Pa and we have lots of hills. I put a K&N Air filter in it,it has improved my MPG especially on highway. I find it comfortable to drive on trips of 14-16 hour duration. It performs very well in the mountains of Colorado with no problem climbing the highest of mountains. My one complaint is that I get only about 33 to 35 MPG in the city. The batteries are guaranteed for 10 years or 150000 in Pa. I plan on buying another in the near future."

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Not a cadillac"

"Very comfortable on long trips(1000 miles plus). Fantastic gas mileage got up to 59.8 miles per gallon doing 65mph on the highway on a 138 mile trip. The least mileage I ever got was 47.3 going very fast."