2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 405 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best Hybrid on the market

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "greaat mileage, great features"

Cons: "I am not crazy about the console between the seats"

"Bought this care during the "cash for clunkers" in 2009. I had researched the Prius and knew I wanted one. I bought this car and the wife fell in love with it. This is the first new car we have ever owned but will not be the last Prius we own. While other dealers are hyping up the mileage on their hybrids and they are falling short, the Prius gets what Toyota says it will and then some. Great to be able to fill up for $20 to $30 at the pump."

I just love this car.

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Solar fan is great"

Cons: "Highbeam indicator on far right"

"This is my second Prius. I am totally delighted with this one. I have been averaging over 53 mph. I have been driving a Prius for over 8 1/2 years. Some slight repairs along the way. I just like them. Especially at the gas pump, it makes me smile. Enjoy the ride."

Better outside than inside

By on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage, good power, roomy interior"

Cons: "cheap plastic interior, rattles, creaks"

"Positives I really like the overall styling of the car, LOVE the solar roof, love the gas mileage, better than expected power, flexible interior for hauling odd items. Negatives The overall construction of the car is SO CHEAP. When you close a door it goes "boing" instead of "thunk". Air leaks around the driver door seals already. SO at 30,000 The interior is full of plastic that rattles and "creaks" esp console and doors. There's a rattle in the back seat on bumpy roads that the dealer refuses to fix. In the past 15 years I've owned two Hondas and two SAABs, none of them rattled even after 300k - huge step down from both Honda and SAAB in fit and finish) the upper glove box, slams open with no dampers, the synthetic cloth upholstery becomes abrasive over time, especially on the arm rests which turn to sandpaper.. I have "rug burn" on both my elbows from it. Door detents are not strong enough - bruised my my 84 year old mothers legs when the doors slammed shut on her in the wind. I've had all of them replaced, but this seems to be a weak spot in Toyotas in general. Interior storage is poorly laid out for small items, no cup holders in rear doors. The displays are outdated in terms of driver information. In my last Honda, it showed which door or hatch was open, rather than a generic "some door is open light". There is no indication of how long until the next service until it is already due. The "low fuel" indicator is just the last segment of the fuel gage blinking and comes on at 21 miles to empty. First of all it should be orange or red, and come on at 50 miles to empty. In many parts of the country, you might be a lot farther than 20 miles from a gas station."

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

Worst riding car ever owned

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Rides like a buckboard, uncomfortable, noisy inside and outside. Noisy, buzzy but powerful enough engine for size. Great gas mileage - 44.5 to 44.7 mpg in hilly terrain, the only good feature of this car. Seats very uncomfortable and very fatiguing on 100 mile or so trips. Poor passing visibility due to wide center post. Backup camera OK as long as you don't wear sunglasses. otherwise forget it. Toyota wanted 200. to update Nav system (not GPS). Uses only 00-20 synthetic oil, $8 a quart only available at Toyota service center, or mail order companies."