2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."

Blue chip realiability

By on Friday, June 9, 2017

Pros: "reliable, effiecient, cheap to maintain, high mpg"

Cons: "sun visos, headlight range, nav sceen in bright sn"

"My Prius V, three is a very reliable car. It has about 42700 miles on it and to date, does not require much maintenance, other than tire rotations, synthetic oil every 10k, allignment every two years. It had two recalls, one for airbags, which was not part of the mass recalls, and the computer was re-flashed so that the engine and hybrid system were more efficient. The only changes I made to the car were star bright headlights upgrade and an electric rearview mirror. This car is used daily for a variety of uses, especially by my wife who has hauled numerous bags of dirt and bricks, while giving us high mpgs. I recently replaced the tires with Michelin Premier A/S. The seats are comfortable, and they are easy to get in and out of. The ear seats slide fore and aft, and we have a rear privacy shade. The windows are tinted. The AC has both manual and auto settings and keeps the car cool in summer and warm in winter. The only thing I do not like are the sun visors, as they are useless when it comes to keeping out the sun when it shines on the side windows. I had to use extra pieces of tint to compensate for the bright sun. It has adequate power; if you use the power setting to get on the on ramp or for passing. Other than that, the eco power setting works well! The navigation setting is adequate, but the screen is hard to see in full sun, even with tinting. The back-up camera a is a blessing, but the backing beeping noise is a pain in the neck. I follow the maintenance schedule, change the filters, and have fuel injection and top engine cleaning every 25K. I keep the tire pressure a 35psi. The 12 volt storage battery, not to be confused with the hybrid battery, is a gel battery and according to Toyota can last 10 years or more with proper care. The hybrid battery is warranted for 8 years or 100k miles, by Toyota. We are very satisfied with this car and intend to keep it for a long time!"

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

2010 Prius

By on Friday, February 4, 2011

"Found car 1,200 miles away at the end of model year. great deal! Got 41 mpg at over 80 mph. Over 50 mpg in town. Great car. Stylish and not "dog slow"."