2009 Toyota Prius

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

The best car I have ever owned or driven

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Bigger inside & trunk than you think! Quiet & MPG!"

Cons: "I hate the Touch screen & Climate Control"

"A cars' purpose is to get me from point A to point B. I like it when it is done cheaply, safely, environmentally friendly as possible, and with out any hassles and in comfort. My 2009 Prius does that all the time. We've taken 4 adults and a 55 pound dog from Tucson to San Redlands, CA, 450 miles, and it was as comfortable as any sedan trip of that length could be. Doing 65 - 80 MPH while getting over 45 MPG was amazing. After that rental car trip, I bought my Prius. Living in the DC area with the Nation's 2nd worst traffic, it's legendary stop & go, makes driving as easy and cheap as it could be. In fact, one pleasant bonus of my many traffic crawls home, was I got over 65 MPG, even if my average speed was that of a person galloping on horseback! You are foolish if a Prius is not at least on your "Strongly Consider" list for your next car. I have 2 complaints: > Why does everyone think a Prius is an expensive car? > I hate automatic climate control and having to use the touch video screen for everything. It's distracting, and in bright sunlight, sometimes impossible to see."

A really nice vehicle

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "economy, comfort, reliability, very pleasant to dr"

Cons: "fuel gauge, tonneau cover"

"This car has needed very little repair work except for routine maintenance. I have very little on parts and maintenance--an engine water pump, an ac fan, and a muffler. It has been extremely reliable and has never stranded me anywhere, except for running put of gas twice, I blame THAT on the truly terrible fuel gauge. The drive battery performs as it did when the car was new, and I still average 50+ MPG. It is also quite comfortable good front and rear legroom, headroom, and lateral space. The seats are comfortable and very durable, having carried my 215# frame for all these years with nary a sag. While it is not a sports car it certainly has enough power for usual driving. I have done interstate driving at 80 and have had no problems having enough passing power. Steering is tight and precise in any circumstance. Cornering is good."

Prius is still trendy.

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Yes, I do miss my Acura. I do love my Prius though. No major complaints. The navigation system in the Acuras is better. I don't like the fact that you can't access the navigation destination with buttons while driving. I love the blue tooth and all the room I have in my Prius compared to the Acura Tsx. The car is spacious, dependable and environmentally friendly. I fill up about every 10 days. If I drive 55 - 60 mph I can get almost 2 weeks between fill ups."

I love my Prius!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, awesome gas mileage."

Cons: "This car can get really warm inside the cabin."

"I bought my 2007 Prius new and just paid it off after 5 years. I have not had a single issue with it; it performs like a champ. I've kept all my gas records, and my Prius consistently gets 49 to 50 mpg. Excellent Fit"

The energizer bunny of cars

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "The only non-collector car that could be considered an investment"

Cons: "Not exactly a chick magnet, but at my age....... who cares"

"Bought this car two years ago with 189,000 miles for $6500 now has 232,000 and KBB says it's worth over $7000. Have not done anything except put on a set of tires and change oil. Just get in, push da button, go! Have driven it 800 miles in one day several times. I change just the filter at 5,000 miles, then oil and filter at 10k, use Mobil 1. Worst mileage is 70mph highway in winter about 45-46, up to 51 summer city."