2005 Toyota Prius

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Car - Expensive headlights

By on Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"When I first bought this 2004 Prius in 2008, I loved it. Then about a year later a headlight went out. The headlight itself cost $353, labor to replace it was$85-120, depending on which dealer I took it to. Of course, I opted for the the $85, and I was able to get Toyota to reimburse me the cost of the headlight. Now I'm worrying about the other headlight. It is doing the same thing that the first one did, right before it went out for good. What sense does it make to make an economical car with a headlight that costs this much. What's up with that, Toyota? Would I buy it again? Maybe, after I checked around to see what replacement costs were for parts on other makes and models!!"

By on Tuesday, August 3, 2010

High quality, economical car

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I have had my Prius for just over 2 years and 40k miles, and it has met or exceeded all of my expectations during that time. I am a conservative driver and my fuel economy has averaged 55 mpg, comparing the odometer to gas receipts. My passengers are often surprised by the spacious interior, and the hatchback design and folding rear seats allow for a tremendous volume of cargo to be carried. Nothing about the car appears to be cheaply built, and it has needed only the regularly scheduled maintenance so far. After purchasing my base model for $21k, I project that over its lifetime the true cost will be lower than that of much cheaper and smaller cars."

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"love my prius .. saving a lot on gas"

Best local transportation car ever

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I love the car it is 5 years old and trouble free. I average 53mpg using ac and 56mpg no ac."

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Great value

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"A great car. Good leg room in the back seat for long legs. Owned it for 6 years and never had any problems. Consistently get 50 mpg, best milage is in the spring and fall when we aren't using the heater or air conditioner. The material used on the armrests, both center console and doors, showed wear within a year, I wasn't impressed with the materials used, other than that, an excellent car."

great car

By on Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Mileage as advertised.In winter expect less because you pull heat from the water that cools the engine; therefore the engine has to run and that cuts down on mileage. Drive the speed limit and you will get around 50 MPG. A/C tends not to affect mileage too much. ver comforatble seating. No problems with brakes despite the media hysteria over brakes in Toyotas."

what i don't like

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"I wish it had a telescope steering wheel and more comfortable headrest."

Toyota Prius Beats Them All

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I can't even think of anything negative about my Toyota Prius. Aside from the current payment (my fault), the car is the best purchase/investment I've made in years. I was driving 500+ miles per week in California for several months during the gas-price hike drama. The savings I have had in gas alone far outweigh any negative that anyone can make about this gem of a car. Summarily speaking, this car is a real sweet deal and ecologically friendly. I want the 2010 model; but, I need to finish paying off my 2007. This car even won over my wife (a dedicated Camry customer for years). She gets in the Prius over the Camry. That's a testimony to the power of the Prius!!!"