2005 Toyota Prius

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Well made, great vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. Zero problems, none, nada, nothing. Styling is either you love it, or you hate it. The ride can be stiff over bumpy roads. Great on the interstate. No, it does not get sixty mpg, but it will double anything else in the same class. Not the quickest car but I am yet to get beat going up an on ramp. If you concentrate on your driving, you can approach fifty-five mpg. Would I recommend it? I have and have helped to sell three other Prius vehicles. No wonder Toyota sells more hybrids than anyone else. Enough said."

Most reliable car.

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "50 mpg,nice ride, perfect commuter car"

Cons: "style very unique"

"With over 91000, the only thing I had to do to this car was to have the oil changed every 5000 miles, a new set of tires at 45,000 miles(replaced with michelin tires) replace the starter battery and that is it."

Good Reliable Car

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, low operating cost, priced OK"

Cons: "Lack of lugage space if traveling with 4 people."

"I've had mine since new, have about 77,000 miles on it now. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put tires on it around 42,000 miles. I did have a couple recalls, a broken key fob, and a bad headlight socket which were all taken car of by Toyota at no cost to me. That's it. No brakes, battery, or exhaust work, etc.. The car has run very reliably for me, and provides comfort and high gas mileage. I get a low of about 42.5 mpg if I drive it hard with the AC always on, and can get 50-51 MPG driving anally without AC, but usually get around 47-49 mpg with day-to-day use in the Pennsylvania hills. It's paid off, and I'm trying to decide how long to keep it. The only down side that I can see is if you travel with 4 people, there's only room for luggage for 2 people. Other than that, I've flipped the back seat down, and carried anything I've needed to travel with. This is the most efficient and lowest cost to own car I've ever owned, which is why I chose it, and it work out well that way."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I like this Prius more than I expected to. Coming out of a sporty Saab 9-5 Turbo, I expected to be disappointed by the handling but gaining great mileage. The car is surprisingly nimble, with a tight turning radius, steering is sufficiently responsive and overall an easy and really pleasant car to drive. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the quietness of it -- the engine cuts out at stop lights and when not needed. And I LOVE driving by the gas stations for weeks at a time...."

My 07 Prius

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I've had my Prius for just over a year now and love it. I never thought I could have a car after my truck and jeep, but when I saw the mpg on the Toyota website, I had to go look and bought it that weekend. Although I've never gotten the 51/60 Toyota claims, 45 avg mpg is still tons better than anything else. I love the standard digital display and steering wheel controls for air and music and have not yet run out of room when moving stuff, although there has been creative packing. It's a lot roomier than you would think. My only issue is that the wind tends to blow me around a bit, worried people will think I'm drunk I weave so much sometimes. I'm a speeder though and have no problems maintaining 75 or 80 mph although it does kill the mpg. I love my little car and that I'm doing my part to help the environment, not to mention my checkbook :) and I think everyone should have one or something similar."