2003 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Luv MY Prius

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"I truly love my Prius.. I have no major issues with this car. There are a few things you should consider before buying one (any year). **For Parents** Child car seats make putting your seat all the way back difficult (mainly a rear facing infant seat). If you have two car seats, no one could sit in the middle of them comfortably. Two rear facing infant seats and you have to pull front seats all the way up for someone to get in to back middle seat. The gas mileage IS great. It cost me $17.50 @ 1.79 a gallon to fill and I get about 38 to 41 MPG. I believe newer models are better MGP wise. I have a 2002 and have had it for 6 years now. The black on the windows tends to get rusty, you have to take care of it. My paint is still great, interior so-so (I have children), and all controls inside still working. 108,000miles on it now. Test drive it - Really! Hybrids make lots of noise when 'on' and if you are not use to them, it can scare you when they are 'off' at stop lights et. Once you have one you will not want to lose it!!!"

Reliable, Gas Saver, Roomy

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I agree with the other reviewers: this Prius is surprisingly roomy, and very reliable. The only downside is styling, there is nothing fancy about this car. Unless you consider the standard LCD screen, which most people riding in my car for the first time think is super high-tech. I've gotten an average of 36-42 MPG over the last 5 years, and I drive aggresively (hard starts and stops) and use the A/C a lot. The car has held it's value very well, and has spoiled me with everything I get to take for granted: riding in the carpool lane by myself, great gas mileage, no car repair bills, 6-CD in-dash player. I love the tight turning radius, the few blind spots due to the generously-sized windows, the easy to read center-mounted digital speedometer, and the roomy cockpit."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Short trips, long trips, it doesn't matter. It is a real joy to drive! New Goodyear tires at 30,000, slightly oversized, really make the car hug the road in turns. If you don't exceed speed limits your mileage is excellent but if you insist on driving 75 mph or more and you really start to take a mileage hit. Even with gas prices above $3.00 I find that I consistently spend only 8 cents per mile for fuel. I find that statistic much more useful than tracking MPG. Purchased new in 2003 - zero problems. Always do suggested maintenance."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted