2003 Toyota Prius

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Love my PRIUS!

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg in town and 44 mpg HWY"

Cons: "its really tiny and wont pull a boat;)"

"I brought my 03 PRIUS used with 117k last year and have put over 30k miles in the last year, with the gas savings alone I could have practically bought another!! Obviously the design and comfort is not that of a luxury vehicle but the savings out weigh that in my book plus the green points you gain in others eyes make it just about as cool as driving a BMW:) or at least I feel that way!! It is small enough to fit in any parking spot and really pretty comfortable for a economy model. I bought this model because of all of the reviews of each year since the car was put into production it seemed like this one had the least reported problems. My mom also has an 03 Prius that she has put 420k miles (and still going!) on and literally never had to do anything other than oil changes and tires until 350k and since then she has put new brakes and about $300 worth of misc fixes so I feel like I will get my money out of my little guy!!"

Whata car!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I own six vehicles and this is by far my favorite car. After 6 months to order and 7 years of ownership, I'm not ready to give it up...yet. Avg mileage city summer = 39. Avg mileage city winter = 41. Best highway mileage extended trip = 47. Longest trip between fillups = LA to Vegas and back."

MY car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I leased this car new in 2003 and bought it once the lease was up. The first thing I had to do was learn to drive a little differently to get the most milage. The room inside is what surprises most people. Four large adults fit comfortably with plenty of leg room. Any problems I have had have been minimal and covered by warrenty. I don't want to ever give it up. I average 38 MPG in the winter and 45MPG in the summer."

Dream car

By on Monday, July 25, 2016

Pros: "Great gas mileage, incredibly reliable, affordable"

Cons: "Gauge display in awkward place"

"I bought this car in 2008 with 185K miles on the engine. I have now driven it multiple times across the country, from Virginia east coast to Kansas City, and it has been a dream. Catalytic converter light came on a few years after I bought it, but I never replaced it. I am just now having issues with cylinders misfiring, which could be a result of the catalytic converter going out. My gas mileage is still 40 mpg city, 35 with full AC/hwy. A/C compressor started to wear out a few years back (fixed now), and the actuator started going bad, but only after a breakin caused me to have to change the driver's side lock, handle, and window. Alarm system on it allowed me to stop two different breakins. Most reliable car I've ever owned. I don't think I will ever not own a Prius."

An excellent car -- 186,000 miles and still going

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, standard features"

Cons: "Needs snow tires in the winter."

"I purchased this car new in 2002 and have put 186,000 miles on it at of January, 2012. It's MPG performance is great, though it has dropped a bit as the car aged. For the first 100,000 miles we averaged around 40 mpg (which is what it was rated); in the past two years this has dropped to around 34 -- higher in the summer, lower in the winter (we live in Buffalo, NY). It drives like a dream -- very tight turning circle, good acceleration, handles well on street or highway. It does require snow tires in the winter, however -- but with them it does just fine."