2002 Toyota Prius

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

An excellent hybid car

By on Saturday, August 9, 2008

"I've driven my Prius 110,000 miles so far. I have not had a problem that required me to have any mechanic - be he the independent or Toyota dealer mechanic - look at my car. Now, that's good! Normal maintenance is the same for this car as it is for any car; change transmission fluid, change coolant fluids (engine and inverter), brake fluid and that's it! Brake pads still have a long way to go before replacement. The only thing that I have found odd: I have had to replace the tires twice. The original tires lasted 40k miles; the first replacements lasted 38k miles; the current tires have 29k miles and I estimate replacing them in another 20k miles. My lifetime gas mileage is 46.5 mpg. This car is phenomenal! When the plug-in model is released, I plan to trade my 2002 Prius in for that model."

Perfect Car

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"I bought mine new in early 2003 and it has about 46,000 miles on it. Toyota recalled a computer and replaced mine for free, but I've never had a single problem with the car. Pickup is terrific and the turning radius is teeny. I also like having a sedan with a trunk. Plus I can get into the tiniest spaces that most other cars don't fit. The gas mileage isn't quite as good as the newer models. Around town I average about 39 to 42. I get better mileage on the highway - upper 40s. That's not what Toyata predicts, but it is what happens with mine. You'll never regret getting one!"

Love My Prius

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I've been at the wheel of seven cars -- including an '04 Honda Civic and an '07 Acura TL -- and my '02 Prius is still my favorite car to drive! It's not fancy, but it doesn't have to be. It rides smoothly and comfortably at all speeds, handles tightly and stops on a dime when it has to. This car has had a couple of owners before me (according to Carfax) and it still looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. When people ask me what I dislike most about it, I say "the cup holders" because that's seriously my biggest complaint! (Be careful with your drinks...) I will probably drive this car until the wheels fall off, and even then, I'll just look forward to getting a brand new Prius."

Love this car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I love this car. I only have to fill up the gas tank once every 6 weeks! Perfect for those of us that hate pumping gas!!!"

AMAZING AND AFFORDABLE

By on Friday, May 20, 2016

Pros: "Great Price, lot's of leg room, compact"

Cons: "no rear seat cup holders, dashboard is weak"

"Two words I expected to NEVER EVER SAY was that the Prius was fun and affordable. After the hefty base price of 24,000 and going up to 35,000, we were sure to stay away. Then, about 4 years ago, we sold our trusty Honda Accord and took a gamble with the Prius. Let me just say that this car is one of the best car's I've ever owned. The ride is smooth, the technology is advanced for 2002, the car was cheap to maintain, and best of all, the car cost us only $6,000! The car was in stunning condition, only had 79,000 miles on it, and 34,000 miles later, she has only had one problem and it was a recall! I'm now selling her to get the 2005. I'm going to miss my car!"