2001 Toyota Prius

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, SAFE, ECONOMICAL

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"After just a few months with it I have put 3162 miles on it. My car is averaging at 40 mpg. I had previously owned an Accord. Now that I have my car I think I hate my Accord. Buy this car. GOOD JOB TOYOTA."

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"This car has been trouble free. It is solid and has a high quality feel when driving. It is silent in steath mode and drives great. I get close to 50 mpg in normal driving, but if I try I can get mid to upper 50's mpg. The car has pletty of power due to the high torque from the electric motors. The CVT transmission does not shift like most cars, adding to how smooth and quite this car is. It is hard to go wrong with a Toyota."

Great in most respects

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"The good: mpg winter: 42ish, mpg summer 49ish great visibility due to window configuration room for four tall adults turns on a dime The not so good: not great on winter roads w/ stock tires stock tires-Bridgestone Potenza wear fast requires minute steering corrections center console arm rest too low cupholder in back seat is an afterthought Despite its idiosynchracies, we love our Prius. It's easy to drive in the city due to its size and turning radius etc. We had an electrical drivetrain issue but it was completely covered under warranty and no problems since."

great car

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"46 mpg at 177,000. hasn't needed any major mtnc. A good ride."

Great little car -- reliable fab mileage

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

Pros: "great mileage, feel good about yourself driving it"

Cons: "radio tuning not so easy -- obstructed view"

"Maintenance costs way lower than our Subaru Outback. Mileage better than advertised -- consistently about 45 in city; 50 to and from beach or NYC on highways. Three teenagers can fit in back seat. Trunk is surprisingly roomy. Love the instant feedback on leadfootedness - it gives immediate mpg indication, as well as in five minute blocks of time, plus average for trip."

good vehicle

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "great fuel economy, easy to drive"

Cons: "average reliability"

"Easy to drive, great around town and commuter car, hybrid technology works well, actual lifetime fuel economy averages 40 mpg. Ours has 135,000 miles on it, but as the car aged we have had some problems, had to replace computer and catalytic converter, both cost us more than a thousand dollars (special hybrid catalytic converters are expensive). We always have maintained it carefully, regular oil changes and service have been a priority for us, it never has suffered from neglect. Overall we have have been very happy with the car but we don't anyone to think it has been completely trouble free. As reliability goes it is on par with the other vehicles we have owned, no better."

We Purchased Used 5 Years ago!

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "Mpg, handling, reliability, comphy seats"

Cons: "Left foot block, OEM tires"

"Love this car. We're at 178K and we put 88 of those on since we bought the car used. We've needed no major repairs and love the low mileage. Also, finally got rid of the OEM tires, they wore too fast for the amount of driving we do. We just purchased a set of Michelin Integritys. We're counting on them lasting at least 4-5k."

amazing MPG and saved me serious $$ on fuel

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I own a 1005 Impala SS, and a 2004 Silverado SS. I drive the prius as a daily "to work" vehicle. It would cost me $400 a month in fuel for either of the other vehicles. The Prius costs me roughly $80 a month / based on 1600-1800 miles a month driving. Its reliable and hasn't given me one problem in the 2 years I have owned it. It has 230,000 miles. Yes , I said 230,000 miles. And gets 52 MPG every tank full. Nuff said."

great car

By on Sunday, March 8, 2009

"what is not to love about a prius. great gas milaedge, runs great, quiet and never any issues"

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"a 2002, bought in 2004; had 28,00 miles on it. Drovew it from Jacksonville, Fl. to New Orleans & aroud that town and back on three tanks of fuel. Drove to outer Banks, N.C. twice. Avg. 48 mpg, spouse did 42 mpg. Actually did better on the road than in Jax. city traffic. Beware repairs. Too many things only Toyota can supply/repair. replaced a small "standard" sized battery; cost $342.00. Three dealerships could not "replicate'' a steering problem, even with dash lighs as a guide. Might buy another if the price was right. Does no good to save on fuel if the initial car cost and repairs eat up the "savings". Recommend safety. Tub/interior of car had no damage from a 70 mph head on collision except what I did clibing out of passenger side door. I walked away with a concussion and lost 30 minutesof memory."