2012 Toyota Prius v

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Excellent interior space and reliability.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"This is my second Prius and both cars have been completely reliable. No repairs needed, routine service only. The interior space is ample for back seat passengers. I take a lot of stuff with me on vacation, including a dog crate and it holds all I need. By using 91 octane gas with no ethanol I get mileage 10% over the sticker numbers, except in the winter when the engine runs more to keep the heater working. The car runs effortlessly at 75mpg on the interstates and feels much more drivable than when I used 87 octane with ethanol."

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

Best investment

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "Economical and roomy."

Cons: "mpg and maintenance needed signals break down."

"My 2012 Prius V now has 40,000 miles, several trips between Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida. Roominess and gas mileage are the best features. Use earbuds to reduce road noise. Use wedge seat cushion to raise visibility for short drivers. The mpg readout function broke after one year and the 'maintenance needed' signal malfunctioned after one year but these are trivial issues compared to the excellent economic and ecological performance of the car."

40+ mpg with small suv size

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "price, space, reliable, options, fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic feel, motor sound when pushed"

"Many people question why I paid so much for a hybrid. I said they should consider why people pay so much for a small suv? This car has about the same interior space and quality and gets 40+ mpg for the same price. If more people looked at facts and less at popular press they would see 30K for fully a loaded suv is a value and knowing it'll go 200K+ with minimal issues is why Toyota has it's quality reputation. We have been happy with the decision and paying $30 to go 400+ miles feels great. I love quality cars and the steering feel is ok but it is a very fun car to drive. It's a pleasure to take your time and trying to run in electric only makes driving game like. In the end I would say it's a great option if you don't push the engine hard and want an inexpensive but fun way to get from point a to point b."

i love this car

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pros: "ease of use comfort and economy"

Cons: "the stereo speakers sound cheap"

"In 2007 i was in the market for an economical car I test drove the first Prius,I actually drove it over to the Honda dealer and looked at new Civics. The biggest problem with the first Prius was its high price,no incentives were available and dealers wanted more than sticker price the first Prius also had huge blind spots and the transition from electric to gas was a bit harsh and the technology wasn't proven reliable. same day we fell in love with and purchased the honda civic si sedan "32mpg sports car" SEVEN YEARS LATER At the 2014 auto show i met the Prius v. Instantly noticed the increase in roominess also gone was the huge blind spot! looked at the price and it was a bit high but decided to find one i could drive. At the dealership i found a certified used 2012v3 14000 miles for 10000 off msrp i bought it . Drove it 30 miles home. Next morning temp was 17 degrees heavy snow storm with 3-4 inches already on the road. decided to drive the prius anyway. My drive to work was 63 miles that day. i was totally impressed with the way the prius travels snow covered roads at speed. it never felt loose like my civic did with just a little snow. it didn't get stuck in the heavy plow rows at intersections and i felt comfortable at 50 mph with 4 inches of snow in the way. Best of all i figured out how to display my average mpg and it was 47.2 WOW i was expecting maybe 35 mpg at best in those conditions but this prius surpassed even its 40mpg hwy rating. top it off i love the fact that u never need to dig your keys out just walk up grab door handle it quickly unlocks automatically. Sit down,step on brake,press power,shift into gear and your off get where your going,stop,just press power and walk away the car sets the parking brake and powers down with the push of one large button on the dash even turns off the headlights after a few seconds if you wish to leave them on. FIND THE COLOR YOU LIKE AND BUY THE PRIUS-V!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius v near Honolulu. See local deals