• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,933 - $18,638.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

So Much to Love About this City Car!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I love my Prius c! The gas mileage is AMAZING. Easy to park and zip around town. Don't let the size fool you. Fold down the back seats, and you have unexpected large cargo space. Plenty of cup holders and compartments. Controllers from steering wheel and Bluetooth functionality are really the cherry on top. A great value."

Cheap Commute for 40 mile Round Trips

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage / Warranty /Fit and Finish / Features"

Cons: "Slow Accel to Save fuel / Crazy "Other" drivers"

"I bought this car because I became tired of paying $4.10 for a gallon of premium for my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 and only getting 23 mpg tops in it since I bought it new. When I bought the SRT-4 back in 2003 premium gas was only $1.60 a gallon. Then Katrina hit and the petrol market exploded on prices and has never recovered. With this new sipper I can save over $30 a week on my commute to work, and save the rest to have fun in my 280hp turbo SRT-4 on weekends, or once in awhile at the track. I got the best warranty toyota offered @ 8 years / 125,000 mile warranty so if it breaks it is not my problem... its toyotas. I will repost my findings as of now my car only has 250 miles on it. but so far the power is plenty to get me from A TO B w/o beating my wallet up at the pump. I am still waiting for elio to produce their 84mpg car to buy. Maybe next year."

Best small car

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "High mpg, smooth drive, sporty view"

Cons: "Low power"

"Three years ago, we test drove a Prius but we didn't like it. It was noisy on highway and the cargo size was something between small and medium. During the last 4 months, I test drove Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus (Sedan), Nissan Versa, Hyndi Elantra and Accent, and Honda Fit and Civic. Ford Fiesta has a small backseat but unfriendly dashboard, however the dive was better than Honda Fit; more horsepower with a better dynamic. Ford Focus backseat was not significantly different from Fiesta's but the drive was smoother. I didn't expect that much of wind noise from the legendary Civic EX. Even though it looks like Versa offers a bigger space, its interior was not as sporty and as live as other cars and the power was comparable to Prius C. Both Elantra and Versa are quite powerful with more interior option at a lower cost but the rear view was not good at all. Compared to Fiesta and Focus, Prius C offers a bigger backseat, smoother drive, less road noise, a much better interior, almost no blind-spot, and more options (Bluetooth and automatic climate control with air filter for all trims). I really like the drive; much better than the original Prius that we test drove 3 years ago. The Prius C cargo space is smaller than all other cars but if you buy one for what it's built for --City, you don't need that much of cargo space. I have gotten up to 70mpg in city and an average of 54. Such a high mpg is due to a small engine; nonetheless, The power is good enough to get you on highways and turn fas on the road crosses. It's better to have the right amount of power than to have too much of it and that's why you can save money in long run. According to my calculations and considering EPA mpg and available discounts for above cars, 5-years cost to own of Fiesta or Focus were just couple of hundred cheaper than Prius C's (gas price = $4), so it all depends if you need more power or you think that the gas price will go higher and you want to save couple of hundreds. In general, I am very happy with my choice."

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage and the info display..."

Cons: "slow take off."

"The Prius C is great for the ECO friendly driver. The info display will have you curious for many days because of all of the many features. Overall a great car! The only down side is that if you are looking for a car with a lot of take off power then this is not the car for you."

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."