2012 Toyota Prius c

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

9.7/10

The future is NOW !

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Very easy to drive, great on gas even on highway!"

"I am 48 years old and one entry in my bucket list goes "Drive a hybrid car" before I am no longer capable of driving. I did interviw a lot of taxi drivers driving the larger Pruises and it was interesting to note that none of them had any negative comment about their vehicle. They give the Prius very high regard for driver comfort, reliability and its long lasting battery (most of them have clicked over 100K miles) and just like that pink bunny...it just keeps going..and going!! This pretty much added to my desire to get one. Then the vehicle gods gave me a better option with the youngest member of the Prius brood. The "C" variant. So far I am averaging 54mpg. So far so good! I got the top-of-the-line model Prius C. It has all the bells and whistles you'll find in a luxury car like push button start. The built in Navigation system and hands-free blue tooth connectivity is top notch! The many ways the car's computer tells you how much gas you are consuming (or saving) and the throng of other infotainment at your fingertips is just mind blowing! (They say this model was brought in from Japan as CBU) On the downside, it may be not that responsive coming from a stop light (this is not good for people who jack-rabbit start). As they say - this car was built for mpg, not mph. But on the upside - my wife now has better peace of mind knowing that I spend less time on the fast lane =) Thank you vehicle gods! One less entry in my bucket list."

Designed for the city, but great anywhere!

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "MPG, great turning circle, fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like about 2 inches more leg room in the front"

"If you're looking for great MPG, look no further. Summer MPG: average 58+, winter MPG: average 44+ (exceptions: high humidity and below zero temperatures, which affect all cars' MPG...take 10 MPG off each). It's not as spacious as the original Prius (which I also owned), but it is comfortable, though tall (over 6 feet) people need not apply, and four adults and one small child can be accommodated. Highway speeds, though I do not condone speeding can be achieved, but MPG is reduced (less 10 MPG+ over 70 mph), and high winds will affect sway. Like most small cars noise can be excessive, but the radio can be heard. Owned this PriusC-2 for 19 months and no repairs have been needed. Rear seats fold down for extra room in back. Cruise control is very exact and the engine brake works well in slowing the car down, even from highway speeds."

Over all a good item.

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Mileage is great and car is very relable."

Cons: "poor confort on long road trips."

"Great mileage, not a good road car for trips over 250 miles."

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."

I love this car

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Mileage, Reliability."

"I have had the car for almost 11 months now. Mine is a Prius C, 2 with 16,000 miles. Mostly used as a daily commuter, 75 miles round trip. The gas mileage is unreal and the reliability is typical Toyota. Not one problem or issue since purchasing brand new. I love this car and won't part with it soon. If I were to buy a new version it would be a 3."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius c near Honolulu. See local deals