2012 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Good little car

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

"Great gas milage, handles well, not bad to look at and reasonable room. Greatest weakness is just a little cheap"

Very happy

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not enough space for car seats"

"This car has given me no trouble other than required mantainance and is very fun to drive. I love the fold down seats so I can items from the home store transported with ease. Overall great car!"

Ok car. Test drive it first before buying.

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, plenty of power."

Cons: "Low gas mileage. Noisy. Small problems."

"Bought this car thinking it would get good mileage as our 08. The 2.4 though does not even come close. A warning if this is a reason to buy. The car has plenty of power though and runs well. Plenty of room in the back. I have had the radio problem other people have talked about as it goes blank when over heated. Also have the dash board rattle and am unable to find it. The low profile tires are ok but do not protect the rims from curbs if you bump them and make alot of noise. Only one recall so far on the window switches. Over all no major problems and is a good basic car. As I said I would take this car for a long test drive before buying and would not get the 2.4 if you want good mileage for that size car."

Toyota Owner for life now!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Fast, safe, great gas mileage, roomy, reliable"

Cons: "No AWD option for Manual Trans."

"I bought this car a year ago next month. It is the best car I have ever purchased! I have owned Nissan, Volvo, and Subaru and while all were great cars, this one has everything that I could want. I bought the 5 speed manual instead of the Automatic even though doing so meant I gave up AWD. I don't regret it. I didn't have a single problem getting through any storm up here in the North Country with my FWD, although if they made a 5 speed with AWD I would have bought that. The gas mileage is excellent! The backseat is also very roomy and comfortable when I have a car full of kids and/or adults. Don't let the outside fool you, there is a TON of room inside! If you need to move a lot of stuff, the back seat fold down flat and you can fit tons of stuff!! I used to drive a pick up and also an SUV and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with having this wagon! Any excuse I have to drive it, I take it! BEST CAR EVER! I will be a Toyota driver for life!"

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."