2011 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Finally Toyota!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "great power up mtns in WNC, good feel on curves"

Cons: "Can't think of one"

"I wanted a Toyota for YEARS and finally I got my own after so many friends and family raved about theirs and kept them Forever! 2nd owner, I bought it with 8K in Nov 2009. I got the basic model with manual transmission and I LOVE it. It has lots of power and I love shifting down on those tight curves and back up, passing everyone else. My mpg has been as advertised. My lab and 2 teenage boys fit in just fine with me. I got power and cruise controls but regret not having a roof rack so got a Yakima rack with basket cage that works great. Heat and air perfect. Never had a single issue with this car."

It is what it is.

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "Versatile"

Cons: "needs pore pizazz"

"Interior materials are subpar for the class. Toyota uses hard plastics although it is attractive. Good mpg. Lots of room in the back, especially when you fold the two back seats down. S models passengers seats fold down; base models don't, however. Typical Toyota in terms of safe exterior styling. The ride are handling are great. It cuts into corners well and also absorbs the potholes. I recommend it!"

Best car I ever had

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, low maintenance"

"Bought a 2004 new and traded it in for a new 2010. Love this car! Handles very nicely in snow. No problems mechanically with either model year. My 2004 had to have the battery replaced at 100,000, but that's about it. Great value and gas mileage for the cost."

great value

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"had car about 9 months,love it, i drive 100 miles a day 5 days a week, all highway, gets an average of 30-32 mpg, very satisfied with that, car is comfortable to ride in, has nice stereo for its price range and roomy interior, only thing i dont like when i close the doors it sounds tinny, but overall i do love this car, have had no problems with it at all, has the telescoping steering column which i really like"

Amazing vehical!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Style, Gas"

Cons: "none!"

"I got this car after my Camry had a recal a few years back. I absolutly love my car! the gas milage is great and the safty of the Matrix is excellent!"

Not good value and poor MPG

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pros: "Very good acceleration and smoothe gear change"

Cons: "Bad fuel consumption, noisy, bad accelerator pedal"

"Bought the Matrix for carrying small loads that are not possible in a regular sedan. Does that well. Fuel consumption is poor, 21 MPG around town and 28 MPG on a run. Great acceleration and smooth gear change, but the auto drops to a lower gear far too quickly - leading to poor fuel consumption. Noisy and not particularly comfortable. Quality of construction is nowhere near as good as our Honda Accord. The accelerator pedal action is poor - almost impossible to achieve a smooth start from a standstill."

Reliable, roomy, looks nice,

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pros: "reliable, rear folding seats, cargo space"

Cons: "wind and cabin noise, blind spots,"

"I like the style of this car inside and out. Looks pretty nice for a Toyota. I have had this car for 2 years and haven't had to do anything except take it in for regular oil change/maintenance. I love the amount of space you get with the rear seats folded flat. The 1.8 L is good on gas but not as good as I expected it to be. It really sucks gas in the winter. The acceleration is acceptable for the size of the car but it is no race car. Not really fun to drive but it gets you from point A to point B. I don't find the seats very comfortable especially on long trips. There is a lot of wind engine tire and cabin noise especially at freeway speeds. There are a couple of blind spots with the rear pillars but you can get around this by adjusting your rear view mirrors. The brakes seem to wear out quickly. This car has a great resale value and costs very little to maintain. Great value for the money and I'm sure it will be good for many miles to come."

Perfect for Me

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Great looking car; comfortable driving"

Cons: "Some visibility issues; noisy driving"

"I really love this car!! Traded in a van for this Matrix. Now that I am used to the change in size of vehicle, I love the control of this car. Kind of noisy to drive, but I really feel good driving it."

excellent performance.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great car, reliable, fun to drive even"

Cons: "Road Noise, awkward driver seating"

"This is by far one of the best cars I ever driven specially with the 2.4 liter engine. with 60k miles and this car gets better as time pass by, I only feed premium gas and the car works excellent on highway. the extra gear makes a lot of difference on gas millage mechanically is a perfect combination and like I said with 60k and this car has never been in the shop. except for tires I use synthetic oil and a K&N filter, no intake modifications But like always there is no perfect car and there is no one size fits all kind of deal, if you know what I mean. the interior is kind of cheesy, although well designed the driver's side seat is awkward for long trip the arm rest on the door was too low for me the lever on the side keeps lowering the seat every time inadvertently press it. over all I gave it a 10 because is good performance and the aerodynamics of the car great, although does not help with the noise on the road. This car is a love it or hate it. I love it for my life style."

Dependable transportation

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "handles well, peppy' good brakes"

Cons: "uncomftable seat on long trips, mediocr gas milage"

"I leased this car for use an economical work car. It is the "S" model so is pretty peppy and handles well. I have not had any warranty issues except for the plastic parts keep falling off the door post. My daily work has me driving up to 175 miles per day. The seats are not that comfortable for that much driving and the combined Hiway/city milage is in the low 20's. I have just replaced the tires. I thought that they would last longer. The hatch back is nice and the cargo area is pretty good for a small car. It has a propensity to attract stones to the windshield- maybe because of the design of the frot hood."