2011 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Whole Lotta Car

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I just purchased a new 2010 AWD Matrix less than a week ago. I don't feel I can give a completely accurate review yet as I haven't had the car long... but so far I LOVE it. This car is a huge upgrade for me. I previously owned a 2003 Saturn ION. The Matrix feels solid and handles beautifully. The thing that amazes me most is how much larger the car feels when you're sitting inside it. On the outside it looks cute and sporty. Yet on the inside it is very roomy, and I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground when I'm driving it. I live in New England and I drive a lot. I can't wait for the first snow storm to see the AWD difference! I learned how to drive on a Toyota, and I'm happy to be a Toyota driver again! So far I am a very happy customer."

Some design flaws...

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks modern. Easy access. Good MPG & Cargo space."

Cons: "Noisy. Poor vision. Slow Acceleration."

"NEGATIVES- Underpowered. Poor Vision forward and especially towards rear. Handling is just fair. It has way too much road and wind noise, ordinary conversations are difficult at highway speeds. When stopped, wind whistles through gaps in rear hatches gaskets, (haunting sound.) Rear wheel disc brakes are extremely costly to replace. No cargo cover, we have to use a blanket to try to hide purchases. NO SPIN-ON OIL FILTER, (HAS INFERIOR CARTRIDGE, VERY POOR DESIGN, LONG ABANDONED BY CAR MAKERS YEARS AGO!) POSITIVES- Very easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo space. Steering and brakes have pleasant feel. Looks like a modern SUV. Headlamps do a nice job. Front seats are comfortable, read, satasfactory. Good MPG."

Good Commuter

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Peppy and handles well, AC plug is great"

Cons: "Cup holders are awful."

"This is my second Matrix. I drive a long commute and this is always a pleasure on the highway. Lots of power when I need it. I do miss the window hatch in the back that my 2005 had. Also, Toyota has not yet mastered the cup holder. Only the narrowest cup really sits securely in the console."

Awesome Car

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I absolutely love this car! I went from an Echo to the Matrix S with little issue. The car handles wonderfully on the HWY. The dealer added cruise for me, and this boosted my HWY MPG to 34-36. The only thing I will miss is the amount of storage space my Echo had. The Matrix does not have all the extra cubbies. The matrix is bigger and bulkier than my Echo was, but handles surprisingly well. It accelerates smoothly... almost too smoothly... lol. I love it and am sooooo happy with it!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Love this car"

Cons: "Small blind spot"

"The only downside is a slight blind spot in the drivers rear view mirror. I have used Mobil One and changed the oil every 5K this improves gas milage, and I have not had one problem with this car. Changed the tires at 50K; my bad should have rotated the tires! Sames set of brakes at73K!"

love her

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"not a single problem in the first 25000 miles and hopefully will be like this for a long time."

Idle & Knocking Problems

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Within 3 months I noticed paint peeling and chipping on sideboard drivers side. At a car wash, I was using wand to wash and paint began to peel right off. Dealer repainted, no problem. Now, 1 year later the engine rattles like marbles in a tin can from right side while a idle. The check engine came on and I took it in. Dealer reset the computer but did not fix the rattle because they could not reproduce it. The didn't want to take the time to let the engine heat up properly to test it, so I had to pick it up. Ten minutes after picking it up and driving home it began to rattle at a stop light. I am sick of the thing already. I will be trading it in as soon as I get it paid down to what it's really worth."

great value

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"We bought the Matrix awd due to our long and very cold winters and the fact our cities and towns due a very poor job of maintaining the streets we just returned from a trip in the country the temp was minus 40 C the car is warm keeps the windows clear and plows snow like crazy we LOVE this car wish i could afford another one"

Good little car

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

"Great gas milage, handles well, not bad to look at and reasonable room. Greatest weakness is just a little cheap"

Very happy

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not enough space for car seats"

"This car has given me no trouble other than required mantainance and is very fun to drive. I love the fold down seats so I can items from the home store transported with ease. Overall great car!"