2010 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very Disappointed in Toyota and I've owned many.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, but not on highway."

Cons: "Loud road noise, iPod connectivity doesn't work."

"Bought 1 month ago prior to vacation. Loud tire noise on highway, rough ride. Despite having the upgraded 6 speaker radio, iPod connection doesn't work. Something in the back bangs when going over road bumps or highway road joints. Haven't found out what yet. Drive position is comfortable to drive for distance, but the road noise, banging in back on every bump or road joint doesn't make for a good experience. Had it in the shop twice before going on vacation to have them fix the iPod connection problem -- 3 1/2 hours of driving on trip, iPod quit. I'd tried undercoating to try to help silence the loud road noise but that didn't do much. Vacation was good despite loud bumpy road noise driving to and from. Wish I'd never bought a Matrix."

Great Vehicle, However...

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pros: "Cheap, fun, good wiring and components"

Cons: "Too many cupholders (9) and too much plastic"

"This vehicle is comfortable, sporty, and has a great stereo system installed. I went beyond and installed a 2,000 Watt SoundQubed amplifier and 12" speaker and it about fills up the whole trunk, but there are no rattles even when the bass is low. It's last me 100,000 miles so far, and I'm hoping many many more to come."

Best vehicle I have ever bought!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "size, gas mileage, pickup, stereo system"

Cons: "I actually cannot find a thing wrong with it."

"This car is like riding in Heaven. When I drove out of the dealership, I felt like I was on a cloud. It was soooo much fun to drive it, and the stereo system was just the best! I loved the way it rode, so quiet, yet very powerful. Not like a typical 4 cyl car. You would think it was 6 cyl! And the room for groceries or what in the back was tremendous. Loved it!"

It is sad Toyota stopped making the Matrix

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Well made, fun to drive, easy to handle"

Cons: "Ruff ride at times"

"I have been driving Toyotas for over 20years. Have had 4 4Runners and one Matrix and the Matrix was like having a miniature 4Runner.Great handling car in all weather and esp. in the snow with just front wheel drive! I will probably drive this car till the wheels fall off. Nothing compares to the size and weight this automobile has. Great reliability!"

A great, reliable and good looking car

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, reliable, roomy"

"I have a long commute and have driven across the country once in this car. Despite all the miles I have put on it, this car has never let me down. It is reliable to the letter! I get about 33 miles a gallon on the highway so it is pretty economical with fuel also. It is also really roomy, particularly when the back seats are folded down."

the perfect car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"The slickest look of other comparable cars. The Matrix has nicer lines and a bigger look than other cars in its class. The 30 mpg we are getting made the price point right on target, The bigger engine and upgraded package that is offered made little sense to us. The interior is also right on. The back storage area is very roomy when the back seats are folded down are easily cleaned being all plastic. We will use a carpet remnant if we feel the need to. The car has pep and perfect for the avg. 40-50 mph that is driven daily. Not a whole lot of thru-way driving. But that is what my Caddy is for. It is driver friendly and fits us both well at 5'3" & 5'7". The telescopic/tilt wheel does the trick. This is a $17,000 - $20,000 car. My expectations are relative to the price. I think Toyota has done well to add side air bags. A perfect car for the perfect wife."

I love the car, i dont want to let it go...

By on Friday, October 3, 2014

Cons: "small , compact, no luxury, cover material is chea"

"I let it go because I got to move. I love this car. It is very fast of accelleration, can run up to 110 not problems.... very smooth and durable."

SO FAR SO GOOD at 40,000 miles

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "no body rot, still shines good,good ride"

Cons: "gas milage could be better"

"I would just like to say that the car has proved itself reliable so far. I thank God that I have not had to put any money into having it repaired. Originally the car came with, I think a 25,000 miles maintenance plan that has expired. Under it the oil was changed every 5000 miles. I have continued doing so. The car handles pretty well for a mini wagon. I had to put new tires on at about 32,000 miles. There was no abnormal or excessive wear when they were changed. I did believe the car was handling rather poorly in the snow previously. So the tires were changed sooner than later to accommodate for this. I guess the one thing that I wish was a little bit different was the amount of luggage the car holds when there are four people in it. It will only hold about two bags. I noticed this every time I am picking people up at the airport. I really do wish this was different and have considered installing a luggage rack but I am concerned about the wear and tear on the paint on the roof. Also I have a sunroof which I love and am not sure how that would work with it. I suppose another issue is that I felt that the new-car warrantee it came with could have been better. I had to buy an extended warranty to supplement it. Had I to do it again I would have tried to negotiate a better warranty if possible and I would've liked to have the option to continue with the maintenance plan till 50 or 75,000 miles. I can't afford to buy another new cars so I must rely on maintaining this car and pray it lasts a long time. Even though under the maintenance plan I had to pay for some replacement items like air filters and windshield wipers, the oil and filter was covered but what I liked about the plan was that they checked everything that was listed in the book as needing to be checked. I am not much of a mechanic so that was very helpful for me. Since they did charge though for replacement items I kind of felt like a captive audience and really didn't understand why they only did the maintenance plan for like 25,000 miles. They were getting paid if they found anything wrong and the work was kind of guaranteed them. I kind of felt it was a win-win situation. I guess anther thing I should mention is that this was the second matrix I had owned. The first one differed A little, like the rear window could be opened independently from the whole door. I really like this option and wish they had held onto that in the new version. It was very handy if you had to move something that was long. Now if I have something long I have to leave the whole door open which is kind of a pain with road dirt, dust and exhaust all getting in. Plus nothing is secured. It really did make things a lot easier. it too was a good car. When I bought the car I was surprised to find out that it did not come with floor mats! I couldn't imagine how they would not include this. Apparently the salesman agreed and threw them in at no cost. My feeling was they should have been included with the car automatically. I find it incredible that a company would sell any car without them. After all the money they charged me for the new car how very basic are floor mats? I guess the last thing that I would mention is the gas mileage, I think combined I get maybe 25 miles to the gallon. This I thought I would have done better on but I guess not. I really don't know what they will have to do to finally give us a car that does a lot better on gas mileage than this. I don't know if any of this helps but good luck in your endeavors."

Love my baby!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable, spaceous"

Cons: "hard to find replacement cup holder dividers"

"I personally love this car. It's served me well on road trips all up and down the east coast. It's easy with dogs and it holds a LOT more than you would expect. The only issue is it isn't the quietest car on the highway. We're 72k miles in and I would say we really haven't had any issues, knock on wood! The only thing I dislike is the color of the radio system. It's an ugly orangey yellow! Oh yeah, car is awesome on gas mileage. I average about 350-400 miles on 10-10.5 gallons of gas! Oh one more issue! My brother threw out the cup holder plastic divider piece and finding a replacement online is impossible! Don't lose it! I'm sure dealers will charge a bunch."

This is my second matrix. Drives great in winter

By on Sunday, February 1, 2015

"especially in northern mn."

more plastic than metal

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"I traded my 2006 HHR which was loaded for the matrix which was basic. Both were $21,000.00. I got 34 mpg highway with the HHR, now struggle to get 28 with the matrix. Plastic pieces are constantly falling off the matrix. For the money I paid I got no cruise control, power seats, rear wiper, and basic everything. Its not a bad car, but not what I expected for the money. My daughter's scion tc was cheaper, and is a much better car."

my best vehicle yet

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "great on highway"

Cons: "blind spots"

"i love my matrix only bad thing is im a small little girl n so there are a lot of blind spots in this car!"

Fun, reliable, practical hauler

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"car is very practical, with rear seats folded can haul quite a bit. very reliable, great mpg"

Will never buy a Toyota again

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"The recall stuff is really frustrating. The interior is really cheap looking. Body integrity is poor. I should have gone for either Honda Fit or Mazda 3."

great

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I only have 1000 miles on it yet,but get 33mph on the highway and I like everything about it so far,it doesn't ride like a 30,000 dollar car but I don't expect it to at 19,000 dollars."

it all works

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"just purchased--sept. 2009. 2010 matrix " s " awd with auto trans. have 700 miles & at last check--am getting 27.5 mpg. the rear folds flat--i can put in my mountain bike ( w/out taking off the front wheel ) purchased the factory install roof rack. i can carrier ( two ) kayak's . i live in new england--so , only time will tell--how well the awd works. everything works well--no problems as yet."

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

Good Stylish car

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"I just bought the XRS version two weeks ago and i loving it!. I made a bid change from a small SUV to this and I have to say that the trunk is the same or more spacious than the freelander ER3. Still trying to figure out the GPS system, its kinda of confusing but pretty responsive."

great car

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "practical, great looks, good mpg, cheap to keep!"

Cons: "interior grade materials,"

"great car- one of the best Toyotas I've owned and I have owned many."

Very good car!!!

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

"I love this car. Very good gas mileage.Nice body style and good interior, very comfortable."

Awesome Matrix !

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Just bought the Matrix today, and love it. The power steering, roomy interior and trunk, with trunk cover is really cool. Also, has nice details (for pens, paper holder on top), cool sunroof, AWD, side view defroster, and has a nice, strong, stable feel to it. Great for kids too ! Good job Toyota !!!!"

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"GREAT IMPROVEMENTS. GREAT SAFETY FEATURES. TOYOTA HAS DONE IT AGAIN !!!"

Over rated false reviews.

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"This model S series AWD has major issues which no one has touched on. 1st If you crack the driver windoe up and it is raining the water drips right down on your electice window panel which will short circuit it. When you open the windows at a high speed around 65 miles an hour there is an awful noise. They are correct in the assement of this car it is noisey as can be. The doors make a noise when you close them. I would have thought twice before buying this car if I know now what I did not no then. The driver shifter for the automatic came out of driver acceditently when we reached over to the radio and went in netural not a good thing. It has room. The radio system and speakers for the set of 6 is terrible and you would think they could do better. Overall beware and do your research and test drive the car and exspereience the windows down sound etc before buying."

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010