2009 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Ok car. Test drive it first before buying.

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, plenty of power."

Cons: "Low gas mileage. Noisy. Small problems."

"Bought this car thinking it would get good mileage as our 08. The 2.4 though does not even come close. A warning if this is a reason to buy. The car has plenty of power though and runs well. Plenty of room in the back. I have had the radio problem other people have talked about as it goes blank when over heated. Also have the dash board rattle and am unable to find it. The low profile tires are ok but do not protect the rims from curbs if you bump them and make alot of noise. Only one recall so far on the window switches. Over all no major problems and is a good basic car. As I said I would take this car for a long test drive before buying and would not get the 2.4 if you want good mileage for that size car."

Toyota Owner for life now!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Fast, safe, great gas mileage, roomy, reliable"

Cons: "No AWD option for Manual Trans."

"I bought this car a year ago next month. It is the best car I have ever purchased! I have owned Nissan, Volvo, and Subaru and while all were great cars, this one has everything that I could want. I bought the 5 speed manual instead of the Automatic even though doing so meant I gave up AWD. I don't regret it. I didn't have a single problem getting through any storm up here in the North Country with my FWD, although if they made a 5 speed with AWD I would have bought that. The gas mileage is excellent! The backseat is also very roomy and comfortable when I have a car full of kids and/or adults. Don't let the outside fool you, there is a TON of room inside! If you need to move a lot of stuff, the back seat fold down flat and you can fit tons of stuff!! I used to drive a pick up and also an SUV and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with having this wagon! Any excuse I have to drive it, I take it! BEST CAR EVER! I will be a Toyota driver for life!"

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

Toyota Matrix caught on fire

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "It was fun to drive before it burst into flames"

Cons: "Potential for fatalities, lack of concern by manuf"

"Bought this vehicle new from the dealer. It drove great, had great maintenance record. At 24k miles it started smoking, the dash lights lit up and the brakes failed. I used my emergency brake to stop, exited the car and it burst into flames. Investigators believe it to be the ECM/Fuse panel. Toyota refuses to accept responsibility because the ECM/Fuse panel is destroyed. I've owned 3 Toyota's and had 20 yrs of loyalty to their company. No more."

Love this car! Great deal and great gas milage!

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, no bad blind spots, AUX port"

Cons: "The issue with the delayed start up"

"This is my first car I bought for myself and have been completely happy with it! The gas milage is great and the interior is spacious and flows well. I was surprise how spacious the back seat is. I am 5'9 and have plenty of room in any seat I sit in. My friend is 6'1 and can sit comfortably in the back seat. The only issue I have had with this car is a delayed start up. I have taken it to Toyota and they can't figure out the problem. Of course my car starts up right away when they try. Figures! But they haven't charged me for bringing it in and looking at it and have paid for a tow I needed once when something went wrong. I can't tell you exactly what it was because I'm not good with cars."