2008 Toyota Matrix

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

fun to drive, and very economical !! 30 - 36 mpg

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"fun to drive, but could use a bit more legroom for driver. all in all very economical !! more room in rear than it seems, holds a lot of groceries,and luggage. drove 4 people to florida and back very well !!!"

yes, it is noisy

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "noisy"

"but the 4 wd is great off road and in snow and does not cut into mileage much. carries a lot when you need to."

need to know info

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"I had a 96 Chevy 1500 pickup before and I love it but it was not pratical to drive as my daily driver any more. I purchased a 05 matrix xr and have loved this little car ever since i bought it. style wise its ok but functionality is unbeatable. I have a trailer for it and have towed 2,000lbs before with little complaint other than having to take extra time for acceleration and braking which any one who has towed heavy loads before understands. I get around 30 mpg most of the time but on long trips I have gotten up to 37mpg before, when towing 2,000lbs I get around 25mpg. I have done little to no work other than engine oil changes and trans oil changes I change the trans oil every 30,000 miles since I tow with the car. the seating of the car is also great because you sit up like a van or truck not on the ground like a tiny car where you legs are straight out in front of you. I have back and knee problems and this car helps this issue."

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I traded a Subaru Forester for a Matrix because I wanted better gas mileage. I live in a snowy, mountainous area and after buying the Matrix was worried about not having four-wheel drive. I put studded snow tires on it and have had absolutely no trouble, even in the worst snowy and icy conditions. I do as well or better than the big SUVs and pickups. My Matrix consistently gets great mileage (34-35 mpg) and seems to have more room than the Forester. I am very happy with it. Anyone with a SUV that gets bad mileage, consider a Matrix! You'll save a ton of money on this great car. The only complaint I have is if you put groceries or something on the passenger seat, the seat-belt beeper goes on and won't go off and is extremely annoying. I can solve the problem by buckling the belt behind my stuff, but this really shouldn't happen with objects weighing no more than 10-lbs."

Great Little Car

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I bought this car to carry me through grad school. I am an extreme sports enthusiast and I have to say, its a great car to take snowboarding. The back seat folds down and allows me to take 3- 4 people with me all while carrying the boards inside too. Its great on gas, and getting on the highway is never a problem. I LOVE my car!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I love this car. I had a full size Dodge 1500 before this and as much as I loved the pick-up, I didn't like the gas mileage. The matrix goes forever for under $30 at the pumps, compared to my pick-up at $70 and half the distance. The matrix can handle a good load with the seats down and I think it is very comfortable. I heard from other reviews that the matrix was gutless up hills, but I have no idea why someone would say that. Mine is an automatic and flies up hills without a problem even with the AC on full. It is very quick and has plenty of power. It looks great and my wife looks hot in it as well! A+ to Toyota on this one."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have owned just about every size car from a Toyota Celica (which was my mid-life crises car) to a Dodge Caravan. But I LOVE THIS CAR. The size is perfect for keeping a large dog kennel set up and still have plenty of room for packing up and going off to the beach. Of course, I do not use the rear seat, except as cargo. The styling is attractive, it handles well, I love the brakes and there was minimal damange and no personal injury at all when I was rear ended by a Lincoln Navigator. When I have used the rear seat for adult passengers, they were pleasantly surprised by the large amount of space they had. Gas economy is good, but could be better. Overall, this is a great all around car. Not the quickest car on the road, but adequate for most situations. Only reason I gave comfort a 4 instead of a 5, is that the drivers seat took a little time to get used to. I only wish that I could get this car with heated seats. I would trade mine in on a new one in a heart beat!"

Great car for the money

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I AM 6'2" TALL AND HAVE BACK PROBLEMS. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW SMALL CARS THAT I'M COMFORTABLE SITTING IN. GREAT CAR, BUT A LITTLE ROUGH RIDING OVER SMALL POT HOLES AND BUMPS IN THE ROAD."

Fun to scoot around in

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I first saw it. I was looking for a bigger and more expensive car. I drove it and had to have it. I had several extras put on it and waited for four months for the car to be built. It was well worth the wait. I would recommend this car to anyone who drives a lot and needs to haul "stuff". The back seats lay down and give you lots of room for carrying large items. Lots of head and leg room too, in both the front and back seats."

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"This is a great car. I bought it used and have ran this car all over the country. Not one single problem, ever. I love the great gas milage it gets, the comfort, and the room it allows. I recommend this car for anyone."