2007 Toyota Matrix

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Matrix 2006

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Bought it new in 2006 has 50,000 miles on it now. Drivew it HWY much. Never had a problem except for OEM tires were done after 20,000 miles, replaced them with Kuhmo's that now have 30,000 and still look like new."

Buy it

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"The Matrix XR is a great reliable car with great fuel economy. I purchased it new in 2004 and now have over 60k miles on it without one single problem. I still have the original brake pads in the rear. I have passed this car down to my daughter so she can travel to and from college and we need at least three more years out it. This car has held it's value well and I recommend it to anyone. It has lots of room for a small car and it easy to drive and affortable to own."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"excellent car, lots of rooms, stylish, high visibility, excellent gas milleage-avg 28-31mpg"

Toyota value

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"The Matrix is an excellent vehicle for the money. I get about 30 mpg's in the city and about 33 mpg's on highway trips. I have put about 75,000 miles on my 2003 Matrix and have only had one mechanical problem. During my first year of ownership there was a drivetrain problem that was fixed under warranty. Other than that I have had no problems at all. Compared to a Corolla or Civic you can carry a ton more stuff. I find my Matrix to be much more comfortable than my former Corolla due to the more upright seating position. For under $17,000 for the XR model I believe it was a great value. Matrix Negatives: *The 6-disc changer is not the best quality. Mine still works fine but the face of the machine gets easily scratched. *A telescoping steering wheel would be a big improvement. To me it often feels like the pedals are too close but the steering wheel is too far away. *Personally I wish the rear carpeting could be attached to the floor in a more secure way. Without the carpet everything you put back there will slide all around. *A rollout trunk cover like the Toyota SUV models would be nice. The Matrix trunk cover is a hassle to use compared to the spring-loaded roll out types used in their SUVs. I drive mine almost 2 hours a day in city traffic and it still looks great and drives great."