2007 Toyota Matrix

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Love My Matrix!

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"Love my '07 Matrix. Interior room is fantastic. Can drive by any tag sale and get almost any piece of furniture in it. Rear seats easily go up and down. Great on gas which ws the only way I got through 2008 with $4/gal gas prices. Just change the oil and off she goes. Gets a lot of attention - people ask all the time about it. (I secretly like that). There is some issue with road noise at high speeds - can't hear stereo well. Seat could be a bit more roomy/comfy but not too bad. My only regret. Black shows a lot of dirt. Wish I had gotten light blue."

awesome car

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I love my Matrix. This was my first Toyota and will keep forever. Fun to drive, I have red with tinted windows sunroof. The AWD is a dream come true. Best car ever"

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"This vehicle has so many neat features for the money. It has the corolla engine, so you know it will run forever."

Matrix 2006

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Bought it new in 2006 has 50,000 miles on it now. Drivew it HWY much. Never had a problem except for OEM tires were done after 20,000 miles, replaced them with Kuhmo's that now have 30,000 and still look like new."

Buy it

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"The Matrix XR is a great reliable car with great fuel economy. I purchased it new in 2004 and now have over 60k miles on it without one single problem. I still have the original brake pads in the rear. I have passed this car down to my daughter so she can travel to and from college and we need at least three more years out it. This car has held it's value well and I recommend it to anyone. It has lots of room for a small car and it easy to drive and affortable to own."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"excellent car, lots of rooms, stylish, high visibility, excellent gas milleage-avg 28-31mpg"

Toyota value

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"The Matrix is an excellent vehicle for the money. I get about 30 mpg's in the city and about 33 mpg's on highway trips. I have put about 75,000 miles on my 2003 Matrix and have only had one mechanical problem. During my first year of ownership there was a drivetrain problem that was fixed under warranty. Other than that I have had no problems at all. Compared to a Corolla or Civic you can carry a ton more stuff. I find my Matrix to be much more comfortable than my former Corolla due to the more upright seating position. For under $17,000 for the XR model I believe it was a great value. Matrix Negatives: *The 6-disc changer is not the best quality. Mine still works fine but the face of the machine gets easily scratched. *A telescoping steering wheel would be a big improvement. To me it often feels like the pedals are too close but the steering wheel is too far away. *Personally I wish the rear carpeting could be attached to the floor in a more secure way. Without the carpet everything you put back there will slide all around. *A rollout trunk cover like the Toyota SUV models would be nice. The Matrix trunk cover is a hassle to use compared to the spring-loaded roll out types used in their SUVs. I drive mine almost 2 hours a day in city traffic and it still looks great and drives great."

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Little red road rocket...

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"I purchased my used 2006 Matrix in Oct of 07. Traded in an 03 Blazer because of the gas crunch. I wanted to maintain the same utility functions the Blaser provided. I sacraficed the 4wd, but the little wagon provides great utility function. It seats 4 adults quite comfortably.It's peppy to drive on the high way and I'm enjoying 30+ mpg on the highway, approx 25 around town. One dis-appointing feature is rear drum brakes. They work well enough(not as well as disc) but are noisy and apparently this cant be remedied... two diff dealers could not correct the prob. Otherwise, its a great little car, the only thing I miss is a more quiet ride..."

Bucket seats uncomfortable

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I've only had this car for a couple of weeks and I'm pleased with it overall. The big problem I have is that the seats are too hard! I've developed pain in my right knee and right thigh. I had an older Chevy with a very comfortable bench seat and arm rest. This has happened to another Matrix owner I know. The other problem I see is that the console is too far back between the seats and diifcult to reach. Other than these two issues, I'm happy with the styling and gas mileage."

163K and going strong

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I have beat this car up...It's first year was spent commuting 2 hours each way daily. The last 4years it's still been going about 80 miles a day. It's been to Florida and back twice. My mechanic ( non dealer) says that it still has a lot of life in it. The only complaints I have are the windshield pits easily, the console box never stays shut, and the front cosmetic valences were poorly designed. It is impossible not to damage them. Replacing them is exorbitantly expensive for what amounts to 5 feet of plastic. I considered pulling them off, but it leaved bizarre holes in the front bumper. That all may sound negative, but to be honest, the cosmetic stuff doesn't bother me at all, considering how reliable a car it has been for me."

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a great car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"This car met each and every need I wanted in a car. I only have a problem with the rear cup holders. They are way to weak to hold any drink. Unfortunately I will be leaving the country soon and see no other way than to sell the vehicle. Honestly..., I don't want to do it, but there is no other way(financially) to ship it together with a few other household stuff back home. The worst part of it all is that I won't be able to buy another Matrix, because it's only sold in North America."

GOOD VEHICLE FOR PRICE

By on Sunday, October 5, 2008

"I LIKE THIS VEHICLE BASED ON IT'S PRICE.DISAPPOINTED ON THE GAS MILEAGE AT LEAST ON THE 4WD MODEL."

Enjoyed this one!

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"I've had my xrs for over five years. It has 84,000 miles on it and I've only had to replace tires and battery. It has a sharp turning radius. The six speed gives it a lot of spunk. It holds a lot of cargo for a small car. It doesn't have a luxury ride, but I don't believe that's what it was built to be. I own the bright yellow version and have had a lot of positive comments on its looks. All in all, my car has not been a disapointment. I've never regretted my decision to own it."

Not so good

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Toyotas are supposed be really reliable. At 50,000 miles it started leaking oil from the rear main seal. At 65,000 the transmission leaked out all of its fluid and busted to pieces. I'll get a Honda next time."

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love this car

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I got my Matrix in 2005 and have loved it ever since. I have moved a few times since I have had the car and I have been surprised at how much it can carry since all of the seats (except the driver's of course) fold down. It can hold a full size mattress and also moved my fairly large dresser. I also feel very safe in this vehicle. I opted to get the 4WD option and have never felt the car slip in the snow or rain. My only complaint is that I have had to do a bunch of maintenance on the car even though it is only 3 years old. I have to admit that I drove it a lot in the 1st two years, but it seems that I have had to fix a lot of things since I've gotten it. Anyways, I love this car and would recommend it to anyone who needs to carry a bunch of stuff around, is looking for a car w/ great gas mileage, and wants a safe vehicle."

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Great vehicle. Very practical

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"I have always been a sports car person. I ended up buying my Matrix suddenly when my other vehicle died and I did not have a lot of options as I was unemployed at the time. I bought the car used. It was 2 years old at the time with very low mileage. Initially I was impressed by the styling, and I come from a family that trusts Toyotas. But since it was a wagon instead of a sportier, lower-to-the-ground vehicle, I was a little unsure if I would really come to like the car or even keep it after a year or two. But almost 3 years and 70,000 miles later ( I drive a lot), I LOVE my matrix. I wouldn't trade it for the world. No one would mistake the car for being fast, but it gets in and out of traffic and is extremely nimble for a wagon. The turning radius is unbelievable, I can turn around on a dime. The interior is pleasing to the eye and very comfortable. I can easily be on the road for several hours at a time without the back aches that can come from other vehicle seats. Having the extra outlet and lighter plug ins have been very convenient, and the visibility is great. I get great gas mileage and I can still haul around loads of groceries or camping gear. I have just past the 90,000 mile mark and I am still on original clutch and original brakes, both of which are in great shape per my mechanic. The car has had regular oil changes and a full tune up, and has given absolutely no problems whatsoever. My Matrix runs like it did when I bought it. The Matrix has converted me into a wagon-lover and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. But only after this one can't possibly run any more, which I hope is a very very long time."

Best Vehicle ever

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"Great in gas, relyable, just an exellent vehicle, highly recomended for a girl, boy, or student."

My matrix

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have owned my matrix for a little over 2yrs after modifying almost everything on the car(shaved door handles, tint, lowering kit, wheels, 10,000 stereo) wich is something that i was going todo regarless, my car (neo) is pone of the best cars that i have had. pthe only problem that i have had is at 98,000 the check eng light came on and the dealer wants almost 2,000.00 for a new cadladic converter(?????) and the mirror broke off and that is 600.00 yes thats right 600.00 i have the TRD super charger if there is one thing that is a must THIS IS IT. the cars of the line are what they are a wagon, but the TRD gives you the perfect power . all in all this is a great auto the only reson for selling is that we bought a house and we need a truck now so the lady says it is time for some thing else.(so i sold it to my friend next door so it dosent have to leave me completly A+++++++++++"