2006 Toyota Matrix

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Greatest Car Ever Owned!

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"We purchased this car used in 2005 with only 20,000 miles on it. Having only ever owned German cars, I was aprehensive to buy a Toyota. But I was sold after shifting into 3rd gear during my test drive! This is hands down the greatest car I've ever owned. We had the 6 speed, and got on average 36 miles to a gallon! Not only does the XRS sport package add a sexy look to the car, but it drives incredibly. Even on long road trips! And the functionality of the rear hatch and flat-fold down backseats is invaluable. My husband was rear-ended this week by a woman driving 45mph. She didn't attempt to stop and plowed right into him while he sat at a read light. I'm thrilled to say my husband walked away with just whiplash. The car absorbed the impact - it was totaled - but my husband didn't endure a scratch. If I could find another 2003 MATRIX XRS, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! And recommend the car to any driver on the road."

My favorite!

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "Great gas, lots of trunk space and compartments"

Cons: "No arm rest, airbag recall"

"I bought this car used in 2008 and have not had any major issues with it. It eats snow for breakfast and the only things I have had done is regular oil changes, new battery three years ago, new tires. I use it mostly for local driving for my job and I did want a Corolla wagon and this works just fine for me. I wish Toyota still made them! A friend liked mine so much she bought the newest model."

The third Matrix we've owned. Best car ever owned!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Quick, agile, great handling, gas mileage."

Cons: "A bit noisy. No arm rests."

"If they still made them, I'd buy another! Best car I've ever owned. No maintenance issues at all. Fun to drive. Easy on gas (better than 30 mpg on highway and more than 25 around town. Solid car. Can also accommodate 4 people very comfortably and you can pack this car and still have lots of room for passengers."

Great vehicle, drove it through everything.

By on Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pros: "price, gas, reliability, compact, drive, quality"

Cons: "missing all wheel drive."

"It's been to 3 countries, 26 U.S. states with all types of weather and only basic maintenance and a battery replacement at 36k miles under warranty have been done to it. I've been considering going to a newer model with more extras, but just can't see myself without this car. It's really comfortable front and rear seats, drives through everything, have the sunroof and fog lights so ready for any climate including traction control."

fun to drive, and very economical !! 30 - 36 mpg

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"fun to drive, but could use a bit more legroom for driver. all in all very economical !! more room in rear than it seems, holds a lot of groceries,and luggage. drove 4 people to florida and back very well !!!"