2003 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

Better than expected

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Two plus years ago, I was looking for a dependable vehicle that would give me 30 mpg. Moving from a Q45, it was definitely a transition--but one I have never regretted. Yes, I would like it to be a little taller, like the new RAV4. But this vehicle is a great package at a great price. I've been able to put four adults in with enough headroom to wear hats. And I can still see the look on that guy who was driving an Expedition when he asked me if I had really just taken a washer AND a dryer out of my vehicle at the Salvation Army! I do plenty of driving and I have gone 6 hours straight without a backache. Many reviews talk about it being under-powered. It can be if you leave it in overdrive. But if you need more, take it out of that gear, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the power and ability to climb and accelerate. I still get 30 mpg doing this and shift in and out of overdrive for acceleration and braking. The trans is fantastic, especially at higher speeds. While normal mileage is at 40,000 for 2 1/2 years, I now have 57,000 and not a problem or reason to dislike my choice. Just the opposite- I think it was the perfect one and with the Michelin Pilots, I can maneuver as well as the Q45 and feel just as safe. The only item not resolved is a movement 'click' in the driver's seat which the dealer said is normal."

great vehicle!

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "good value, handling, reliability"

Cons: "not great paint"

"bought this car (a 2007) with 62,000 mi in 2010, and now have close to 104,000 mi. in 2013 and have had virtually no problems with it! needs snow tires in winter- but with them does great in new england's winters. slow to pick up speed getting onto highway, but once there maintains a fairly high speed with good handling. i'm a spirited driver and like the feel of this car. it's reliability, and cargo space make it a great "do all" vehicle. I'd recommend it to friends."

Can't beat the matrix!

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Well-designed, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "not a 4 wheel drive"

"I love this car. It is very reliable, only minor repairs like new tires and brake pads. I went from a gas guzzler at 18 mpg to this which averages 30 to 33 mpg. For a car this size, you can load a lot of stuff. Very well designed to pack. I instantly knew I wanted this car when I drove it. (hadn't planned on even buying one at that time). Had it four years and 50, 000 miles later I still have a great car. Although I've always been a 4 wheel drive lover, I am surprised how well the front wheel drive performed in the snow in Wisconsin's hard winter. Know of at least 4 people who saw my car and then bought one like it."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted