2010 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

600K miles in LCs, no regrets

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Value and reliability"

Cons: "Fill 'er up!"

"Yes it's expensive. But with a little care, these things last forever. Recently bought my 3rd LC...the 2016...which still continues to impress. Our 1999 went to my son after 10 yrs and 300K miles. He just sold it for 6K with 405K miles. (AC went out this summer...only real problem other than wear and tear). We then sold him our 2009 with 220K miles...runs like new. He swears he will get this one to 500K miles. Our new 2016 promises the same performance and reliability. Great car for kids and travel, with the boat! Secure, stable snowy winter travel. Great ride for cross country travel. If you can tolerate the same car for 10+ years, it's a great value. But if not, resale value is great. The downside? Will suck gas in the city. 20mi/gal range w highway driving."

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, September 11, 2010

"About 6 months ago I got fed up and traded in my 08 Cadillac Escalade for the Land Cruiser as I was tired of the "little" problems that I kept having with the Cadillac. WOW the Land Cruiser doesn't disappoint, the interior fit and finish is light years better then the Escalades, I have yet to have any problem with the LC, whereas the Escalade was back to the dealer in the first 6 months several times from tire pressure sensors going out to broken door handles. The LC is EXPENSIVE, but after driving one, I wouldn't own anything other the a LC again."

My BERTHA is a BEAST, undeniable

By on Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pros: "durable"

Cons: "no complaints"

"own a 2003 LC with now 280,000 miles. Let me just say after 13 years I have put her in the worst conditions. Absolutely horrible at maintaining vehicles, in frequent oil changes, no oil, no service history. Every single dash light has been on for the last 100k and she still drives like a dream. Don't worry about being expensive to drive, no truck note the last 7 years laughing at the other moms with their "luxury" vehicles wasting $$ fixing and trading in. It was cheaper to maintain than my ex husband and has lasted longer. Two "minor" car accidents only left a scratch on the LC, the other vehicles left on a stretcher."

Excellent dependable car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "One ogf the best cars I ever owned in my 54 yrs"

Cons: "Price and gas mileage"

"The ride is superb, very dependable, towing capacity is amazing, the inside is vey roomy. Is not very good in gas mileage but not bad compared to other big SUVs."

Go anywhere, really, go anywhere!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere, with 8 people, in comfort and style."

Cons: "Fill up often along the way."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

"I have owned this truck for 3 years now and almost 80,000 care free miles. I call it a truck, not an SUV. Trucks are tough. Trucks can tow heavy loads safely. Trucks can be lifted (mine is, lifted 3") and run 33" tires and have 13" of clearance under the rear axel casing. Trucks have real four wheel drive systems. Trucks can have winches (mine does, thanks to the Austrian Outback). My point is, there are not many vehicles left in the world that can go from the highway to some of the roughest jeep trails in Colorado, hauling 8 people and doing it with comfort and quite. The Land Cruiser is truly remarkable because of it's versatility, on road and off. It looks big, but it's really not. Only 1.5" wider than a Jeep. Only 12" longer than the 4 Runner. With a lift kit and replacement bumpers from ARB, the LC can out do Jeeps in rocks and shelfs. It has a unique articulation sway bar that allows the LC to reach down and keep contact with the ground at low speeds, but prevents excessive sway on the road. There are also many modification kits available. Not as many as Jeep or the FJ, but the ones that are available make taking long haul trips across America and explore it's back country roads more enjoyable and safe. It's just too bad Toyota does not sell the Diesel version in the US. The gas milage is terrible."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"great car"

Solid, dependable, and great offroad!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, offroad capabilities, creature comforts"

Cons: "Expensive"

"If you're obsessed with brands and bling then the Land Cruiser isn't for you. Spending $70K on a Toyota will make some people wince but you get what you pay for with the latest Land Cruiser. Living in Arizona this vehicle provides great flexibility, towing capacity, ability to transport 7 people and lots of creature comforts (Nav, DVD, keyless entry, Bluetooth, EXCEPTIONAL air conditioning and climate control, refrigerator built into the center console, etc.). But the real treat for those who like to go places that other vehicles won't take them is the Land Cruiser's ability to navigate rough terrain, ascend hills and provide great suspension. Again, if you want to showoff then go with a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or other SUV that will get stuck in the mud. If you want a killer SUV and you're adventurous, then look into the Toyota Land Cruiser and start planning your camping, skiing, and other outdoor adventures!"

Good long distance traveler. Excellent off road.

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pros: "See Above"

"Have owned and really used 4wd all of my adult life.Toyota reliability tops all that I have owned and is confirmed by hundreds of thousands of CONSUMER REPORT mag customer reports. If you need non functional trashy bling get ESCALADE and wake up when you find no low range gearing installed, or buy RANGE ROVER products and learn what CONSUMER REPORT low reliability rating is all about. This goes for JEEP also. It is expensive to buy and fuel. You get what you pay for. As Harry Truman once said: IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"

Very Happy!

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"Bought this vehicle to replace my 1997 GMC Suburban that had 207,000+ miles. Sad day when the old SUV was involved in a hit and run causing it to be destroyed...had planned on driving it for a lot longer. Considered a new Tahoe or Yukon but they seemed to be of lesser quality with more plastic and for the price of $50,000, I found that offensive. Researched extensively and decided upon the 2008 Landcruiser. Been driving it for 5 months and really enjoy it. Wished the body style was more like the previous model. Gas mileage is not as bad as I expected. Gets over 16 mpg on the highway. My old Suburban got 12. Ride is sweet. Second and third row seats fold down very easily. Love the seat warmers (front and second row) in the winter. Wish it had the seat coolers for the summer. Really appreciate the parking sensors on the FRONT and BACK bumpers! New Suburbans did not have this option. LOVE the navigation with bluetooth for the totally hands free driving. NO MORE looking for the phone to answer it. The call bumps the radio off until the call is over. VERY large and roomy interior. Air BAGS to the MAX. How many SUVs do you know that have an air bag for your knees? Told the dealer that I DID NOT want or need the XM radio. Hate to admit this, but I truly like listening to so many different stations and my 6 months of FREE XM is due to run out and I am going to sign up for a subscription. Too bad it is not less expensive. I am NOT an employee of XM and I was NOT paid to say that I GREATLY enjoy the XM radio. After Hurricane IKE this summer, I left town and could get updates on channel 247 on the aftermath. Earlier in the summer I took a vacation where there was NO TV and I could sit in the SUV and hear the weather updates for Hurricane Dolly! ALL of the pro baseball games play-by-play. A significant number of college games. Wish XM had ALL of the pro football games too. Don't listen to AM/FM radio much anymore. XM seems to keep me VERY satisfied. You won't believe the channels available. Negative: Had to replace the front windshield due to a rock hitting it and causing it to crack at that very moment. ALL windshields on ALL vehicles are made too thin these days and therefore crack easily. Dealership wanted $1500. to replace. After market product at a mom and pop shop got my business for $609. Cheaper but still an OUCH! I REALLY enjoy the Landcruiser and would buy it all over again!"

And i'll buy it again!

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Just got my third LC in 19 years. drove one '91 for 8 years (still running great, now it's my kid's car), a '99 (sold by itself, did not even need to offer it to anyone) and a 2011. I looked around, did research on other brands and each and every one has had its major flaws, from the low profile rims on the Range Rover to the puny suspension on the Q7. This car is worth every cent, great engine, comfy, stylish, excellent torque, with the addition of some really handy gadgets and more spacious seating - having 2 sons over 6'4" tall was another concern, not with the Land Cruiser. I'm up to my third and full of excitement."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next