2009 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2008 - 2018 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

And i'll buy it again!

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Just got my third LC in 19 years. drove one '91 for 8 years (still running great, now it's my kid's car), a '99 (sold by itself, did not even need to offer it to anyone) and a 2011. I looked around, did research on other brands and each and every one has had its major flaws, from the low profile rims on the Range Rover to the puny suspension on the Q7. This car is worth every cent, great engine, comfy, stylish, excellent torque, with the addition of some really handy gadgets and more spacious seating - having 2 sons over 6'4" tall was another concern, not with the Land Cruiser. I'm up to my third and full of excitement."

For people who want the real thing

By on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pros: "Reliability, Power, Safety, All Weather Performanc"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Cargo space behind third row"

"To best understand the quality of this vehicle, one only need travel for a day or two to Africa. In the poorest countries, with the worst roads, with extreme weather, of the few cars one sees, the Land Cruiser dominates. Moreover, it is the Land Cruiser that some first world consumer stopped driving 25 years ago! I had ten years worth of VW Touaregs before this LC. Though I loved that car, I had two (actual) lemons in ten years and I was best friends with the service manager, because something was always going wrong. With the LC, in 26,000 miles, I have had not a single issue. The only time I see the shop is for scheduled maintenance. My only complaint is I wish there were more space behind the third row, and I wish the dynamic cruise control would go to zero for use in stop and go traffic."

LOYAL to Land Cruiser

By on Friday, September 4, 2015

"This is my third! I tried other cars in-between but always come back. Sticker shock for a "non-glamorous" vehicle but then I never regret it. Very reliable and trouble free.Always drive them 100 000+ miles. Uses a lot of gas though. Only complaint is hatch back door reach and ease of third row seat placement, especially when I am in a dress.. But each model change has improved those."

Best 4WD in the world. Period.

By on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pros: "Super durable, reliable, and fun to drive."

Cons: "Costs a lot. You get what you pay for."

"I have owned sixteen 4WD vehicles over the years including Land Rover, Range Rover, Jeep, GMC Trucks. I have owned Land Rover Defender, Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover Range Rover. This is my 7th Land Cruiser and is the best ever. It drives like a limo and at the same time handles like a sports car, has super creature comforts and every whistle and bell you could ask for. I still own an old vintage (1982) Land Cruiser (FJ 40). It has 150,000 miles and runs like a top. This new one is light years ahead of the old one. I know they ain't cheap, but if you want a tough, reliable, capable, and comfortable 4WD get a Land Cruiser. I read that Land Cruiser is the NATO vehicle of choice...no wonder."

Rock Solid

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I have 47000 miles. Vehicle is used for work and is off-road often. I carry around 500lbs of equipment all the time. I wish it sat higher or had adjustable suspension height. Fuel mileage with the stock Michelins reached 21mpg hwy at 80mph. I lost 3 mpg with the Goodyear Wrangler SA. The Goodyear tires are better off road. Works well in the snow and mud. This is a very good vehicle. It has power to run at any speed in the mountains. Had driveline replaced for clunk at startup. Wish I had one for the wife. It is hard to drive other vehicles now. There are so many design secrets that most people will never appreciate or understand."

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Quality vehicle, lacking some interior refinement

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Was carried away with this when I test drove. Ride is excellent and power is fantastic. Very quiet and has performed exceptionally well in snow and light 4 wheeling. I feel the family is very safe. Has a few quirks, tranny is a bit jerky coming out of 1st, interior refinement could be better. Gas mileage is offensive. OVerall though we are pleased."

Own 2 of these (2015 and 2011).

By on Monday, September 7, 2015

Pros: "Tough,Reliable,Safe,Capable,Luxury,not Pretentious"

Cons: "More options than I really want/need."

"These are the best vehicles I've ever owned. The 2011 has over 100k miles, and is like new. I've never had any mechanical, electronic, or other malfunction from a Land Cruiser. They're extremely reliable, safe, luxurious, and capable on or off road. Liked the LX 570, but Land Cruiser suspension is better, and 20 inch wheels on the Lexus are inferior to the Toyota's 18's off-road. Lexus has better seats, and rear entertainment in Lexus doesn't block rearward view like Toyota. The Toyota has more available accessories (bull bars, etc.). The Toyota is a better fit for me."

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

By on Monday, July 6, 2009