2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Multi-Terrain

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "Powerful Engine. Excellent AC (specially for Hot weathers). Comfortable, roomy"

"This is one awsome truck. with close to 14000 miles on it, the darn thing keeps running. All I've done is regular maintenance: brakes, tires, batter, and regular oil change. After almost 10 years the engine is still powerful and runs smoothly. From the sand dunes of the Emirates to the flood striken waters of hurricane IKE this car has performed marvelously. Imagine this: terrantual rain pouring, 8 people in my cruiser... flooding every where... other cars floating... but the Cruiser kept to it's pedigree and smoothly traversed the choppy waters to safely get my family home. Highly recommend!!!"

The worlds greatest driving machine

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Rugged, elegant, reliable, quiet"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I owned a 2001 Lexus LX470 (Based on the Land Cruiser) for 6 years. My kids really beat the car, it spent several years parked outside, yet it just held tough and never complained. I regretted not taking better care of that car. Then a tree fell on it, and with a nice insurance check, we had to go car shopping. We started looking at mini-vans, and it was just depressing how they simply did not have the quality workmanship of the Lexus. We then started to look at mid-sized SUV's from Acura, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, and Lexus. My whole family couldn't help but feel cramped in these cars. We kept missing our Lexus. THEN we drove a Land Cruiser, and that was it. I actually liked it BETTER than the Lexus. The Lexus has an air suspension that you can raise or lower, and while that is a nice feature, I air shocks still do not give the comfort and manners of traditional shocks. Also, the 2003 version upgraded the 4-speed transmission with a 5-speed. The high-rpm of the 2001 Lexus on the highway was now replaced with a nice purr. We also got 17.6 mpg on the highway, which is not bad for a car that weighs almost 3 tons. Bottom line: The Land Cruiser is assembled in Japan and is Toyota's almost unlimited budget to create an ultimate SUV without compromise. Every since part of this car oozes quality and reliability. It is supremely engineered and is designed to take serious punishment. If you take good care of it, and don't beat on it, it will last almost forever. Just keep it clean, especially if you drive it on salted roads (use the under-body wash). Change the oil, do the service it needs. Garage it. It's quiet, and a great family car. You can talk at normal levels to people in the 3rd row. Go Toyota, and thank you for the world's greatest driving machine."

TOUGH AND DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great off road, dependable, tough!"

Cons: "Nothing will stop it except a gas station."

"I was on a highway doing about 65 mph. A truck in front of me had an engine block fall out of it and I had nowhere to go except right over top of it. It shot my cruiser over 1 foot into the air and all that it did is put a small hole in my oil pan. Alignment was still perfect. If I would have been in almost any other vehicle, It would be totaled. I love my cruiser!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted