2003 Toyota Highlander

Based on 864 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

incredible SUV to own

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "VERY reliable!"

"Bought new. Has never broken down in all these years, and as a mother of 3 children, can't say enough how much that means to me! The only issue I have had is with the air conditioner, but was not an emergency to fix so I am still thrilled. Get 18.8 mpg city, but I wonder if stupid ethanol in gas contributed to this, as I was getting more until they started adding it to all gas."

Absolutely tops among mid-size SUV hybrids!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, uber-practical!"

Cons: "Spare hard to reach (but it's a real tire)!"

"I've owned this car for 3 years, having owned a Honda for the family (Odyssey)and Bimmers (5 series--530i, 528e) for my ego. The 2006 Highlander green is, hands down, and head and tails over what I'd espected. It's both practical and stylish (for an SUV), comfortable, and is mechanically super competent. As far as practicality is concerned, it serves well as a vacation car in that it is roomy enough to carry 5 passengers in relative comfort on day trips while carrying a load of "stuff"--suit cases, beach gear, beach house grub, etc., and do double duty as a rather svelt get around car, ferring grandpa, grandma and a 5 grandkids to lunch, the beach, and the Flying Horses! And it does all of this whilst zipping from 0 - 60 in less than 8 seconds! Great pickup, great passing; I love surprising pickups, Cherokees, even the occassional 'sporty' import off the line, so to speak. And I average 24 mpg; better if I drive anywhere close to the speed limits. It actually does better in town than on the highway, which makes sense considering the hybrid attitude. All around, a great ride. Not sure how the newer models fare, but the 2006 is a genuine conversation piece well worth the price."

Never regretted buying this car

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "Great car, nice ride, roomy and versatile"

Cons: "Could use separate a/c vent for back seats"

"Nothing fancy, but has always had a nice ride, extremely reliable, and feels like it easily has another 200,000 miles in it. Have had this car for 12 years because I never had an excuse to sell it."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, paint, solid tight feel still (100k)"

Cons: "Steel wheels"

"I just 100,000 miles on this vehicle. I've done gas and oil and Toyota maintenance at 50,000 miles. I had to have rear brake work twice. Otherwise - no issue. I love this car. Whether hauling tools and supplies, or my kayak on the roof rack or dressing up for a wedding - this vehicle is excellent. What's really amazing is the silver paint. I didn't have a garage for the first 6 years. It sat out all year long - Wisconsin winters. Never had an issue starting. I have the 4cylinder, 2WD model."

Be careful

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I bought this car less than a year ago and now the rear differential is gone...it is under warranty but a sign of things to come...at the dealer we asked if it is safe to drive the car and we recieved an "i dont know" All i can do is wait and see..."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"The most reliable we have owned. Minimal repairs and service. This was involved in auto accident and because of the safety and construction I am here to tell everyone how great and safe this auto is. Great in snow, ice packed roads, and on the highway. Roomy to travel with two Old English Sheepdogs. Good ride for an SUV, rides and handles much like a car. Overall great and would purchase another one when ready to buy a new car."

Best Vehicle I've had so far

By on Thursday, May 3, 2007

"I love my highlander. I bought it new at the end of 2004. It handles great, rides smooth. I love how it sits up high. The gas mileage is average for an SUV. I haven't had any problems out of it. I have just been changing the oil regularly and balancing and rotating the tires. I love how the light comes on to remind me it's time to change the oil. A light also comes on when any of my tires are low on air. I also love that I only have to change the oil every 5000 miles. I love the Toyota brands. We have 3 toyotas in the family."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Maintenance free"

"I purchased this SUV new. In the 10 years I have owned it, other than routine maintenence and tires, it has never ever had anything go wrong with it. I have never owned a vehicle as reliable and trouble free as this Toyota."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, safe, rides well"

"I have owned this vehicle since 2008 and bought it with 40K miles on it. I have not had one unexpected repair - just routine upkeep required. I have the 4WD model which is very secure in bad weather with all weather tires. It rides very nicely and still feels almost like new."

great liable car to transport my labrador in

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "like the backdoor heighth for groceries and dog."

"Highlander is dependable and meets all my needs. Groceries and dog at a good level;no bending over to get to groceries and dog uses an added ramp to enter and exit. Only negative is the black carrier pieces (attached to the top - it is necessary to have the front windows cracked a little when back side windows are open or a thumping (wind) sound exists."