2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 505 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

One word "Awesome"

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, resale value, etc."

Cons: "Storage space but can make it work."

"After wanting an FJ Cruiser ever since they first came in production I finally bought a 2007 well cared for pre-owned with 100k on it. I have not owned it long enough to speak of "reliability" but based on my research and reviews I am not worried about that. I have owned many Lexus cars/suv's over the years so I am familiar with Toyota reliability. I have owned many nice cars including Porsche over the years and I must say in the short time I have owned this FJ it is my favorite vehicle I have owned. It is just fun to drive, it looks great,etc, etc. Lets look at a few things that people bring up about the FJ. First is the "blind spot". If you adjust your mirrors correctly and buy some $2.00 blind spot mirrors for both side mirrors and pay attention to what you are doing it is not a factor at all. The simplicity of the interior design is what I LOVE about the vehicle. Mine has the basics I want/need AC, cruise, am/fm/cd, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, 4x4. If you want a luxury SUV look at Lexus or something else. This SUV is utilitarian by design and function. I have a 7yo son and love the ability to wash the inside out after a trip to the beach, park, etc. My biggest complaint is the lack of storage by means of an enclosed arm rest compartment. Their are some aftermarket companies that have options be even they are not what I would like or used to. I will be looking at some workarounds to fix the storage situation. With a vehicle their are usually trades off no matter what. Love the Lexus RX series (I owned one) but they are not designed for "off road" even with the AWD version. The Dodge Durango (owned one) has great storage and space front and rear but the over all look is not that appealing. I don't consider myself a gear head but I do like nice cars. I am 45 years old and my FJ gets compliments from young and old. Plan on being part of the FJ "fraternity" because as you pass other people in an FJ they will wave or stop and talk. Strangers will either look at you, nod, or simply start asking questions. In the end the FJ is AWESOME if you understand what you are buying and what it is. It has been a long time since I have owned a vehicle I was excited about driving and finding myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere. I feel like a 16 year old that just got his licenses and wants to drive everywhere all the time for no reason at all. My plan is keeping this SUV for a lifetime and letting my son in 9 years drive it when he turns 16. It is a SUV me and him can enjoy together tinkering,doing small repairs, and doing modifications. I think this is the type vehicle that becomes part of a family for generations. P"

Awesome vehicle

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

My FJ

"This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have had this vehicle for seven years and haven't had any problems at all. The durability and drivablity have always impressed me. It looks as good today as it did when I purchased it,"

My FJ

very reliable,fun to drive,very tough off road

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "can be used as an every day driver or off roading"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have owned my FJ (2007) since new, original 30k miles 1 owner,I have have over 20 different vehicles in my life and NONE compare to my FJ, it handles like a car,yet very rugid when I need it to be, I pull my boat,camper and off road vehicle and barely notice they are behind me,I HIGHLY recommend at least test driving one before you buy something else when in the market for a vehicle, very very nice vehicles!!"

Very Cool Ride!

By on Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pros: "It is fun and room enough for 5 with big storage."

Cons: "fuel milage- blind spot- wind noise"

"I need a 4 WD for winter and have had 3 Jeep Wranglers and several trucks. I was going to buy a new Jeep but always like the look of the FJ and wanted to compare to the Unlimited. The FJ's ride and handling was much better. The Toyota quality is superior to the Jeep. It really handles well in snow. Negatives; not great gas milage (neither is many 4WD jeeps, trucks or SUV's this size), can't take the top off, blind spots to left and right rear when changing lanes and you get wind noise sometimes on highway due to the flat windshield. That said, it is one of the coolest vehicles I have ever owned. All weather vehicle that won't quit or leave you hanging."

Some Suggestions

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Interior noise needs to be reduced especially when excellerating...too noisy. Would like to see a small V-8 with 275hp to 300hp. V-6 is zippy, but it's still a 6 banger. Do not use Dunlop tires. They are rated very low in CR and I agree. Within 100 miles, 3 of the 4 tires had to be replaced. Took 3 trips to the dealership to correct...wasted 7 hrs. of my time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals