2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Family friendly SUV

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I have to say my wife and I had been looking at these since they came out and fell in love with it. We purchased in late 08 and have been very happy with it. The FJ is a very solid and safe vehicle for my wife and daughter with the 4 million air bags inside. It handles great in any weather and feels very sturdy, even in the 24 inches of snow we got at one time the fj just crawled through. The traction control gives you an extra peace of mind when dealing with road conditions like black ice or slippery wet roads. The cabin is very roomy for us (me being taller and my wife fairly short). My only complaint is the suicide doors are hard to get children out of the vehicle when you are in a parking lot, because opening both doors traps you in against the vehicle next to you. Oh yeah and learning to trust your mirrors is a must because this vehicle does have several blind spots. Overall I would still recommend this vehicle to anyone considering it, just keep in mind that there are some things you will have to get used to such as access to rear seats and blind spots."

soild rig

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Well, I've had her for 15 months now. I cured my blind spots by installing convex mirrors to the upper outside of my mirrors...there is no blind spot now. The gas mileage is excellent for a vehicle this size shape. I drive mostly highway and knock down 20 all the time.....without PREMIUM. I did take it on a trip to portland (200 miles) and knock down nearly 22 mpg. The tranny is always putting her into a low gear to save on the fuel...but will come alive when stomped on. I think the interior scratches a bit too easily but, I don't miss the carpeting. I still haven't learned to stop while i can still see the light...oh well, I'm getting good at the intersection ducking. I also need to remeber to wipe the snow off of the roof just above the real door as the snow will fall into the vehicle. I do like the Fjammer stereo system. I wish i could have gotten heated seats .....but the fabric on the seats is very good against the elements...and pretty comfortable too. I have had my windshield replaced once..and now i stay away from semi's as much as possible. Overall the thing is very nice to drive,rock soild...and the oil is a breeze to change. They even made the fj oil plug removable WITHOUT dropping the skidplate(unlike my old 99 tacoma) just pop out the plastic plug (resessed as to not get damaged even) and you're in business...the filter looks right at ya when the hood is lifted. Just cram a gatorade bottle (32oz) under the overflow spout and you're in business. The toyota mech left his(Gatorade) under my hood after he changed my oil...I ain't giving it back either. Great rig...could use some tougher glass....did I mention heated seats/sunroof?"

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Highly recommend !

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, off road performance, ride"

Cons: "takes getting used to line of view in mirrors,"

"Traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sports which I did like but, does not compare to the ride, " gas mileage ", solid performing FJ Cruiser. I love this rig..... Only draw back is line of sight in mirrors. Installed small dome mirrors that corrected that minor issue. Handles great off road and in the snow. I use my vehicles almost daily off road. Unlike the Barbie Doll Jeeps I see cruising up and down main street. Great gas mileage averaging 19 - 21 mpg. UNlike my 11-14 mpg Jeep.... FJ Cruiser, Wished I had purchased sooner !"

Great for short trips!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Unique, Great for messy Kids"

Cons: "Just Ok Fuel Mileage, Slugish Braking"

"For an SUV with a full frame you can't expect the mileage to be that good but it makes up for that with it's amazing off road capabilities! I'm averaging 21 highway and 17 around town so it's great for short trips but I wouldn't take it on any road trips if fuel is a factor. Four people can fit in comfortably including 2 car seats in the back 4 surfboards on top and luggage in the back. When you don't have the kids surfboards or whatever else fit perfectly in the back with the seats folded down flat. I live on the beach so off road capability was a big factor and I haven't gooten this thing stuck once. It runs smooth has been mechanically sound and is easy to clean out. Kids have spilt stuff in it and it cleans right up due to the water proof interior. Honestly the only complaint I have about it is the braking. To stop from even 50 you have to mash the brakes and do to the forward body roll you feel like you're going to eat the dash! Other than that I love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals