2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Highly recommend !

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, off road performance, ride"

Cons: "takes getting used to line of view in mirrors,"

"Traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sports which I did like but, does not compare to the ride, " gas mileage ", solid performing FJ Cruiser. I love this rig..... Only draw back is line of sight in mirrors. Installed small dome mirrors that corrected that minor issue. Handles great off road and in the snow. I use my vehicles almost daily off road. Unlike the Barbie Doll Jeeps I see cruising up and down main street. Great gas mileage averaging 19 - 21 mpg. UNlike my 11-14 mpg Jeep.... FJ Cruiser, Wished I had purchased sooner !"

Great for short trips!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Unique, Great for messy Kids"

Cons: "Just Ok Fuel Mileage, Slugish Braking"

"For an SUV with a full frame you can't expect the mileage to be that good but it makes up for that with it's amazing off road capabilities! I'm averaging 21 highway and 17 around town so it's great for short trips but I wouldn't take it on any road trips if fuel is a factor. Four people can fit in comfortably including 2 car seats in the back 4 surfboards on top and luggage in the back. When you don't have the kids surfboards or whatever else fit perfectly in the back with the seats folded down flat. I live on the beach so off road capability was a big factor and I haven't gooten this thing stuck once. It runs smooth has been mechanically sound and is easy to clean out. Kids have spilt stuff in it and it cleans right up due to the water proof interior. Honestly the only complaint I have about it is the braking. To stop from even 50 you have to mash the brakes and do to the forward body roll you feel like you're going to eat the dash! Other than that I love it!"

Great vehicle, on road off road

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Highly recommend it for all weather conditions. It's got more guts than I do."

Really like my FJ, good for shopping or camping!!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"The FJ is roomy, fits three carseats in back w/ no problem. Plenty of cargo space in back, and seats fold down for even more cargo space. Love how the doors open out making it easy to get in back and doors are easy to close."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals