2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Very good vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Picked up an FJ a few months ago and have had nothing but a great experience with it. Plenty of room for three dogs and loads of camping equipment. Well made (it is a Toyota after all), fun to drive on and off the road, and a good amount of weight can be towed as well. Looked at Jeep, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Ford, and Chevy, but none of them had it all like the FJ Cruiser did. Good work Toyota! P.S. Yes there's a bit of a blind spot, but with good awareness of your surroundings and properly adjusted mirrors it's not anything close to a show-stopper. Also the MPG isn't quite like a Yaris, but then again a Yaris isn't a FJ Cruiser."

FJ Review

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"So far, so good but I've only had the FJ for about 5 months. Love to drive it, wish it had better MPG but it could be worse I'm told. Smooth and tight ride. Handles on and off road well. Mirrors help get around most blind spots but still have issues with certain merging intersections. Wish the side rear windows opened by tilting out to help with air flow. Wish we had more color options. Love the back up warning option. Surprisingly roomy."

AWESOME

By on Saturday, August 20, 2016

Pros: "COMFORTABLE AND TURNING RADIUS"

Cons: "1 BLIND SPOT--EASY FIX WITH LITTLE MIRROR"

"THIS TRUCK WILL TURN ON A DIME--NOTHING I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT. NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WHAT SO EVER OTHER THAN A BLOWN HEADLIGHT. MPG IS 18-20 I WENT ON A ROAD TRIP TO FLORIDA AND BACK AND GOT 22 MPG. NEW TIRES AT 52,000 MILES AND THE ONES I PUT ON STILL HAVE 75% TREAD LEFT. THANKS TOYOTA!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "drives like a dream and tough as nails"

Cons: "limited rear visability"

"The FJ is a fantastic vehicle, very solid and very reliable. It drives like a car but is a great off road truck, extremely comfortable. I usually don't purchase the same vehicle, always get something different, but I will buy another FJ."

Off-road/ on road very very capable

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Manual shift to four-wheel-drive, simple and straightforward interior"

Cons: "Cheap front and rear plastic bumpers. I had to make my own front bumper"

"I've had this FJ for 6 years now. I love it. I do go off-road; however not serious off-road. Don't get me wrong, I have had to go thru some really bad stuff once or twice now and then and she did awesome. Mostly I take it off road(dirt/rock road), cross deep washouts (had to add a snorkel), pull a 5,000lb trailer with atvs for weekend camping and pulled plenty of people out of jams."

The only vehicle I want to drive!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "it's a beast! Hauls, goes through mud, reliable"

Cons: "Big blind spot"

"This is my 2nd FJ (had 2007, traded for 2010), and I'm heartbroken they're not going to make them anymore! Comfortable enough for everyday city driving, but easily hauls horse trailer, hay, boat, jet skis, etc. When storms roll in, never have to worry whether I can get home over muddied dirt roads -- my FJ always gets me there."

She became my badge of identity

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "Distinctive style, powerful engine, Toyota quality"

Cons: "Faulty headlights, SUV operation cost, NOTICEABLE!"

"I have owned my yellow FJ for nearly 6 years now. I bought her as I needed room to haul around a family of 5, including my then new-born. Life changes, and now I don't need such a large passenger and cargo capacity. My daily commute is 40 miles round-trip, with a 700 mile trip around once a month, and my FJ gas milage is average for an SUV (16-20 mpg), so I am looking for a smaller car with better gas mileage. In the meantime, my SUV's distinctive styling became an ID badge of sorts. I've lived in three different cities, and my neighbors, family, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances would immediately acknowledge me (or my wife) as soon as they saw the big yellow brick showing up at the distance. It is a great feeling everytime, except when you want to go unnoticed! After 6 years, nearly all its equipment and gadgets are fully functional. Power locks, windows, mirrors, thermometer, parking assist, analogical inclinometer and compass (those are a kicker, still today, for novel passengers). Steering wheel controls work perfectly as well (cruise, stereo, front and rear wipers, rear defogger, etc.). The Premium stereo it came with is still plenty for my audio needs, including the absorbing set of tweet-speakers embedded inside the roof. Its radio interface is toy-like with huge knobs and buttons, which makes it even easier to operate while driving. The radio still functions perfectly, including its 6-CD box, and audio-plug (no USB connection). Engine, brakes, transmission, everything mechanical has worked impeccably, with no service needed beyond its regular oil changes and tune-ups as scheduled. The engine feels far more powerful than the specs would lead you to think, and I have never had any troubles trying to pass vehicles at 70+ mph in two lane back roads. The only issue it has ever had: for road safety reasons, I have always run my car with the lights on, day and night. In the past 18 months or so, on occasion, the lights stay on even after I lock the doors (regularly, the lights would turn off after hitting the lock button on the remote). This has led several times to my returning from shopping or watching a movie show to find my truck with the lights still on, running the risk of having a dead battery at my return. Interestingly, this only happens when the weather is either too hot or too cold. Now I am used to double-checking that the lights turn off, and if they don't I flick them off manually. I have taken my SUV to two different dealers, and they have not been able to find the cause. Still, as I mentioned, this might be caused by my constant use (and abuse) of the headlight system. All in all, I am utterly in love with my FJ. I only hope I will be able to find a loving home for her after we part ways."

She became my badge of identity

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "Distinctive style, powerful engine, Toyota quality"

Cons: "Faulty headlights, SUV operation cost, NOTICEABLE!"

Awesome vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Off Road Power ride"

Cons: "not a family car but not a con for me!"

"If you want to anywhere anytime this is it. HWY,City and Off road handles it all. I have been though knee high water , up some pretty steep hills and soft dirt handles all equally well. I did put BF goodrich all terrains on and wow! I got 275/70x16 without lift or steering issues. 4 adults easy! Wish small widow roll down but minor wish. Great 2 person and equipment offroad machine."

It's a joy to drive and fun to look at.

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"This unique SUV (which is a true SUV and not a curvy crossover SUV wanna be), has totally ruined me for all other cars and SUVs. As others have said, it is so much fun to drive, has a unique look and style and you can go anywhere and do anything with it without having to worry about it. It is very difficult for me to move on to another vehicle, I've test driven several high-end cars (BMWs mostly), but nothing brings me as much driving pleasure as my FJ does. Love it!! Though, keep in mind, it is not a luxury car, so don't expect heated seat or things like that."

awesome vehicle

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "drives like a car, great suspension"

Cons: "Blind spots, have to turn headlights on and off"

"Besides the blind spots and the lights not being auto I love this vehicle. I like sitting up high, the 4 wheel drive makes me feel confident on bad winter roads, and it drives like a car! The suspension is amazing. It is a good looking vehicle, the color themes are great. It is so roomy for my 2 kids and myself and tons of groceries, bikes, etc. The back up camera is a nice feature. The only downfalls I can come up with are the wicked blindspots and I'm used to being able to turn on and off the car without worrying about turning on/off headlights. Also, I wish it came with remote start, but I can always add that later. I love my FJ Cruiser!!!!"

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "powerful reliable offroad"

Cons: "second row space ,oil filter location, weak brakes"

"I have been owning a fJ 4WD since more than a couple of years have been really driving it roughly on and off road and much much speeding never had any problems also I have install (air intake - headers - Y-pipe - exhaust system full 2 inch lift and other modifications ) no problems accrued"

My video

0-60mph - 0-100kph

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, unique, great resell value"

Cons: "blind spot (easy to get used to)"

"I have had my FJ since the very beginning of 2008 and have loved it ever since. There are certainly some design factors that take getting used to (blind spots and primitive convenience features) but nothing to ever want me to get rid of it. Before purchasing the FJ I had several luxury SUVs in mind but after driving them all I purchased my first, and more than likely not last, Toyota. I am in the market for another car in the next 6 months but will be keeping the FJ for as long as it'll drive. I have put a lift and larger offroad tires on it so this will be my play car once I'm not commuting 40 miles to and from work each day and I will be adding a steel bumper and winch to make it even more fun in the near future!"

Favorite vehicle EVER!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and stands out in ANY car lot"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I bought this vehicle brand new in June of 2006 (its a 2007 FJ) with all of the options, and I still LOVE it! I have owned a jeep wrangler before, and really liked it, but this has a bit more of a luxurious feel than my wrangler did(especially on the highway) I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants an awesome, reliable vehicle, and doesn't mind making a statement :) So tough in my yellow FJ!! :)"

Great Car!!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, good for pets and kids"

Cons: "Hard to see out the back"

"This car is VERY reliable I have only had 2 issues since I bought it brand new and those were very minor. I love everything about this car except the visibility. It is really hard to see out the back. Once you get used to being a cautious driver its no problem!"

Great SUV, Goes anywhere, Fun and Safe to drive.

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, feels safe."

Cons: "The doors can be a pain in tight spots."

Tonka Truck!

"This is one of the most fun vehicles I have driven. It rides well in the city and my son and I have had a blast taking it off road as well. Not great on the gas mileage but for a big square block 19 Hwy isn't that bad. I do have a few complaints....Can't open the back door glass unless you use the key. Can't open the back door from inside the truck which seems silly since a lot of these are used for camping and off road adventures. The doors can be a pain in tight parking spaces if you have to unload passengers. Other then the first two complaints, I can't say as I would change much on this thing...It just makes you want to take is someplace fun."

Tonka Truck!

Best 4x4 machine dollar for dollar

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Fun to wheel"

Cons: "Blind spot on interior rear"

"This rig is unbelievable. I watched for 4 years as yuppies drove what I considered to be a sacrilege to the greatness of the FJ name, believing Toyota had really devalued the FJ name with such a vehicle. BOY was I wrong. This FJ Cruiser lives up VERY well to the FJ name!!!"

Very good 4x4!

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Ride comfort"

Cons: "Rear access"

"This truck is a great 4x4 for the snow, ice or sand! Really best suited for two people since the back seats are a pain to get too and the leg room is limited if the front passenger is more ten 5'10". The traction control is amazing! I bought it because I loved the way it looked and then only liked driving it. After taking it on a one day drive from Reno Nevada to Sac. California and then down to San Diego I now LOVE IT again! The ride DOES NOT punish you!"

Good for off road

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive in bad weather (snow/ice)"

Cons: "Visibility poor"

"but not much anywhere else"

All around Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "ride, reliable, fun, head turner"

Cons: "people mention blind spots no trouble for me"

"This SUV turns heads. It's not the SUV for everyone. Some people love the looks and some people hate it. Either way there aren't that many on the road making it a unique vehicle. The ride is amazing on the road. I've had a Hummer H3 and a Wrangler. this rides smoother and quieter. I work hard and play hard. I fish, bike, hike, and camp when I'm not working. This thing has torn through everything off road I can throw at it. While not as small as the Wrangler to get threw some smaller trails the overall ride is just more comfortable and responsive. I give credit to Wrangler for possibly being king of off road (slightly) but if your looking for the whole package for both on and off road you cant go wrong with the FJ!"

my 2nd fj most comfortable ever

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "great for large people"

Cons: "poor rear view over spare tire"

"roomy goes in all conditions"

I own it and it's the best ever!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"The FJ Cruiser is the best car I've ever owned- it's versatile, comfortable, flexible uses and it absolutely rocked last winter in the ice and snow!!"

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dog and 3 Kids

By on Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I absolutely love my FJ, It will turn 2 in December of 2010. I have 3 kids that are 12, 7, and 3. We all fit in the car comfortably. I thought the suicide doors would be a problem and actually i love it. 2 out of my three have actually opened the back door in previous cars while I was driving. This design makes it impossible to do that. No windows for them to roll down which is great. I love the amount of space in the rear. I can easily load my grocery's or large labrador. Another huge plus is no carpet, I can vacuum and wipe up everything the dog or kids leave behind. It will be a while before I even consider getting another car!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals