2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Best Vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I can't even begin to touch on how much I love this vehicle. I've yet to even have a minor problem and I only run it on low octane which helps a bit through the times of high gas prices. Not to mention that it actually gets decent gas milage for its size. I drive it both off-road and highway/city regularly. Not only can it handle the off road better than half of the Jeeps I run it with, but the V6 puts out enough smooth power that I never have to worry about not being able to pass that 15-miles-below-the-limit-semi in time."

Family friendly SUV

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I have to say my wife and I had been looking at these since they came out and fell in love with it. We purchased in late 08 and have been very happy with it. The FJ is a very solid and safe vehicle for my wife and daughter with the 4 million air bags inside. It handles great in any weather and feels very sturdy, even in the 24 inches of snow we got at one time the fj just crawled through. The traction control gives you an extra peace of mind when dealing with road conditions like black ice or slippery wet roads. The cabin is very roomy for us (me being taller and my wife fairly short). My only complaint is the suicide doors are hard to get children out of the vehicle when you are in a parking lot, because opening both doors traps you in against the vehicle next to you. Oh yeah and learning to trust your mirrors is a must because this vehicle does have several blind spots. Overall I would still recommend this vehicle to anyone considering it, just keep in mind that there are some things you will have to get used to such as access to rear seats and blind spots."

soild rig

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Well, I've had her for 15 months now. I cured my blind spots by installing convex mirrors to the upper outside of my mirrors...there is no blind spot now. The gas mileage is excellent for a vehicle this size shape. I drive mostly highway and knock down 20 all the time.....without PREMIUM. I did take it on a trip to portland (200 miles) and knock down nearly 22 mpg. The tranny is always putting her into a low gear to save on the fuel...but will come alive when stomped on. I think the interior scratches a bit too easily but, I don't miss the carpeting. I still haven't learned to stop while i can still see the light...oh well, I'm getting good at the intersection ducking. I also need to remeber to wipe the snow off of the roof just above the real door as the snow will fall into the vehicle. I do like the Fjammer stereo system. I wish i could have gotten heated seats .....but the fabric on the seats is very good against the elements...and pretty comfortable too. I have had my windshield replaced once..and now i stay away from semi's as much as possible. Overall the thing is very nice to drive,rock soild...and the oil is a breeze to change. They even made the fj oil plug removable WITHOUT dropping the skidplate(unlike my old 99 tacoma) just pop out the plastic plug (resessed as to not get damaged even) and you're in business...the filter looks right at ya when the hood is lifted. Just cram a gatorade bottle (32oz) under the overflow spout and you're in business. The toyota mech left his(Gatorade) under my hood after he changed my oil...I ain't giving it back either. Great rig...could use some tougher glass....did I mention heated seats/sunroof?"

Great Fun!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I have had for 2 years and 30k plus. Good power, lots of space and is an eyecatcher. Only thing is bad blind spots and needs slide down window on back door like the 4runner. Would recommend to anyone who wants something differant and wants Toyota styling, dependability, service and resale value."

Good Find

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Been looking for good 4 wheel drive SUV or Truck for awhile as the snow condition up in these parts are harsh. I drove a car for years and was about to buy another car when i found this baby. Unique style that grabs alot of attention and good all around ride off and on road. And the stability for bad condition are no longer a factor anymore. Get one today you will not regret it."

AWESOME

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GREAT TRUCK THEN BUY THIS . HAVE HAD FOR OVER A YEAR AND LOVE IT. MPG 17 TO 18 IN CITY. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS RUNS VERY STRONG PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT BLIND SPOTS BUT THIS IS AN EASY FIX WITH CONVEX MIRRORS. ALL AROUND A GREAT TRUCK WILL KEEP FOR A LONG TIME. NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT IF YOU DONT NEED TO HAUL FOUR PEOPLE ALL THE TIME THIS IS GREAT. NOTHING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THIS TRUCK BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED MOVE OVER HUMMER AND JEEP"

2007 FJ

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I live in Alaska and I can't get this thing stuck in the snow/ice or mud. Love it and will buy second one for the wife."

Fun Vehicle To Drive

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"This is a fun vehicle to drive and feels very solid. A few things need to be addressed though to make it better. First you have to be careful getting in the back seat because it is easy to hit your head on the upper door latch. Second is it has alot of blind spots when driving. On the good side it a quiet and comfortable riding SUV. The gas mileage could be better but, it is not as bad as one might expect with a vehicle this size. All around just fun."

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"The only thing I don't care for is the outward vision. Some complain about the mpg, but 15.8-17 around town isn't bad for this type of vehicle. 19-20 on the highway could be a little better. This is more of a wrangler or H-3 type vehicle and should not be compared to an explorer or that type. This is more of an off-roader for 2 and just smaller children or an occasional rear passenger. Getting in and out rear doors on a regular basis would get old I think. They are not very wide. The rear seats fold down but not completely flat with the rear floor. No Problems in 33K miles. OEM tires are well OEM Tires. I can't wait to get a better one on this thing. My off road experience is very light, but in snow on and off road it is great. The limiting factor seems to be the Factory tires. I tried to pick on it but I really do like it alot! For a vehicle like this you need to go test drive it. It draws alot of attention that I hadn't thought about."

By on Saturday, October 4, 2008

"great suv, alot of blind spots takes some getting use to. not as bad mileage as they advertise."

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

tricked out

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Absolutely great vehicle!! Hats off to Toyota for doing their homework. Drives like a heavier vehicle. Really solid. I researched this vehicle before it was introduced because my neighbor worked for the distributor in our area. I have replaced the suspension with a 3.5" lift with heavy duty coils and shocks. Changed wheels & tires to to 305/65R AT 17's which added added another inch to height. Also added front bull bumper with 9,500 lb winch and rear bumper. Added 2 8" driving floods to front bumper & 5 5"(low profile) floods to the roof. With all the modifications the unit weighs out at 4850 lbs. Gas milage suffers at 14.5 mph. But it will peg the inclimeter out with 5 people and not even slip a tire with the diff lock. Have not had to use the winch yet. (knock, knock). This truck is meant for the woods. Very agile. Runs fine on mid-grade gas. Gripes: Toyota needs to offer more tire and wheel options from the factory so you don't waste your money on their sissy street tires. A little more power would also help handle bigger tires. Also, a more comfortable driver's seat would help those of us with bad backs on long trips. Conclusion: Super Vehicle. Everybody should have one. I'm keeping mine a long, long, time."

Best Off Road SUV!

By on Friday, August 8, 2008

"H2/H3 & XTerra can't touch the FJ off road. I actually pulled out many H2's and H3's wile off road. The fit and finish is great. I have 45,000 miles on mine and not a single rattle or any mechanical problems. That is saying alot because I have lifted it and put large off road tires on it and take off road alot. I actually traded in my Land Rover for it."

Still turns heads

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I've owned my FJ for almost 2 years, and I still have people turning to look at it on a daily basis. Pros - because of the front window angle, it reduces the amount of direct sunlight therefore the interior stays cooler; the interior is completely waterproof which makes cleaning a breeze. Cons - HUGE blind spot in back quarterpanel area which makes it difficult to back out of parking spaces. Interior is mainly plastic which gives the appearance of 'cheap'. I would not recommend this car for teenage drivers because of the blind spot."

Finest Vehicle Ever Owned!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I've driven Jeeps, owned over ten cars, trucks, etc., including a brand new Infiniti, and the 2007 FJ Cruiser with the locking rear differential, traction control (A-Trac), and ABS is, hands down, the finest vehicle I've ever owned. My ONLY complaints are small ones, almost inconsequential for this vehicle (e.g., a bit too much plastic on the interior, OEM skid plates are a somewhat thin, OEM tires need to be real AT tires, slightly upgraded driver visibility needed, etc.) Nevertheless, the performance of this remarkable SUV, both on and off road, is unparalleled, even in stock form verses its competitors in stock form. Then, when upgraded with quality AT, XT, or MT tires (e.g., Big-O, Big Foot ATs or XTs), a 3" lift, and thicker, more comprehensive skid plates than the OEM ones, this vehicle becomes a most formidable offroad machine! Go for the gold by adding All Pro offroad bumpers, a Warn winch, All Pro rock rails, quality 33" or 35" XT or MT tires (e.g., Big-O, Big Foot XTs), and four-wheel drive onboard equipment (e.g., hilift jack, air compressor, shovel, recovery straps, tire repair kit, etc.), and this vehicle will take on trials like the Rubicon, Fordyce Creek, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Lion's Back, etc., with confidence and enormus satisfaction! The FJ Cruiser is THE offroad vehicle of the 21st Century. You can't go wrong, whether you use it stock on the freeway or on moderate offroad trails or make various levels of upgrades, to your choice as loads of aftermarket material is available, and pleasantly pass the Jeeps in the "Classic Jeep Position" (hood up, driver bent over trying to figure out what's the matter) on the world's toughest offroad trails. Indeed, Toyota's FJ Cruiser is THE offroad/onroad vehicle to own! After having shopped the competition and now owned and upgraded one for almost a year, I would consider nothing else!"

I love this car...

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"I finally talked my husband into this vehicle after he had owned a Toyota Camry for ten years. We took a test drive (in the snow) and he said it drives just like my Camry. It is a big bad car that gets looks every time. People at red lights give us the thumbs up. When I see another FJ on the road the owner always waves, it is like a secret club! We love this car, it was great on our vacation into the mountains. As for specifics, it is a big car so a few blind spots, the bumper sensor is very nice though for those tight spots. I have not had an issue with gas so far. Many of my adult passengers have knocked themselves in the head trying to get into the back. Overall, I love this car and will probably be the one driving it even after another new vehicle. Can't beat a Toyota!"

Lot of bang for the buck!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"This vehicle is more fun to drive than anything I've owned to date. Being the "gear head" I am, I've owned and driven many vehilcels...but this one takes the cake. I ordered the FJ with the six speed manual with full time 4 wheel drive. There's a sacrifice of a couple of miles per gallon for the manual trans...but to me its more than worth it! The engine is strong and quick, and really sounds great when you wind it out into the higher RPMs. The FJ handled it's first Michigan winter with ease...I'd wait for the driving conditons to get as bad as possible just to put it through it's mechanical paces. It went through anything and everything...just have to remember it does not stop as fast as it takes off in icy and snowy conditions. I really like the looks of the FJ...and enjoy owning and driving something that not everyone else has...still get many comments on it! If you're looking for practical, high quality, fun to drive, unique looking, go anywhere, do anything sport ute...give the FJ a try...you may like it."

Head Turning!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Everybody loves it! I get asked about the vehicle wherever I go and have strangers coming up to me saying they want one. Very versatile, good get up and go, sturdy, safe. I wish it did not require Super gas and the visibility could be better, but ther rear sensor helps with that. I love mine!"

NEAR PERFECT

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Being 64 years of age, I've owned many vehicles, but none equal to the FJ Cruiser. I currently own other vehicles, Chrysler 300c, and a Dodge Laramie 2500 4X4. I bought all because I liked their looks. The Chrysler has been back to the dealer for several problems, including a/c, stereo system, body mounts, etc. The Dodge has caused no problems. The FJ has not been back either, and has 5900 miles on it. My wife loves driving the FJ over any vehicle she has ever driven. She likes the comfort, handling, and braking. We both prefer it over the other two for highway driving. The FJ is firm, yet comfortable. The Dodge is so stiff it might jar fillings out of your teeth if driven on a long trip. The Chrysler is just that - rather boring to drive. Not the FJ. My youngest son just bought a new FJ and he also loves it. Can't praise it enough."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"major flaw: back seat rider can't get out w/o person in front unbuckling their seatbelt. I had to have power steering unit replaced within 6 months. I guess I got the lemon there. There could be more features for the price.I had more features on my Ford Escape, but it didn't look as good. It gets around wonderfully in the midwest snow and ice storms. I could use more room for 'stuff' in the front and I would make the back seats recline at least a little."

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"I have enjoyed this truck a lot. It handles great, solid transmission, smooth ride for a 4x4. Fj Cruisers can turn on a dime whcih makes parking a breeze. Only downfall is a few bilnd spots and the gas mileage, but what can you expect from a SUV."

worth it!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"okay, so I've heard all the comments about blind spots, and I've even talked to people who loved the look, but didn't buy because of the blind spots. Yes, the rear view seems somewhat restricted, but you get used to it quickly, and it really has no more blind spots than any high profile vehicle (I've had jeeps and trucks). The design is too cool ... I love my FJ!"

awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"I traded in my 05 4runner for a 07 FJ. I love the FJ!! It is by far the best toyota I have ever owned. The styling is beyond compare, and I still get that Toyota reliability. Way to go TOYOTA!!!!"

awesome

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"loved it from the minute i drove off the lot. took it this last may on a 3,500 mile trip pulling a 3,800lb. camper the wife two kids, two dogs, and a cat. handled fantastic, would tell anyone what a reliable car (suv) it is. the seats really didn't bother me or my wife, she does have aproblem with the blind spots. we added small 2"mirrors on each side mirror seemed to be the fix, easy to clean just hose it out. we live at 9'600 feet in colorado handled everything mother nature through at it"

Best Bang for the Buck!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I ordered my FJ in June 06 and had by July 06 - so now I have a year. I love the overall style in and out, the get up and go, lots of room inside - didn't mind paying full sticker. Toyota is worth it. I did however make a wise decision to order the 2 wheel drive - and since I don't do much off-roading, it meets my every need. I'm in construction, and in and out of my car all day, with dirt, etc. getting out of mud and I don't have an issue. My gas mileage is better than expected, even with the higher octane. The blind spots are not there for me, with adjustments of mirros and getting used to, it has been easy. The windshield has three rock chips from the angle! My only real complaint is I can't get the FJ to go straight down the road...it pulls hard right...Toyota says nothing wrong, had the tires balanced three times now...I put a lot of miles on my autos. I've had a Jeep 4 wheel drive, several SVU's and never had so many issues keeping an auto on the road! So maybe I'll keep the FJ, maybe I won't. But I feel like it's one in a million and should be a keeper! A collector!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals