2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 505 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

One word "Awesome"

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, resale value, etc."

Cons: "Storage space but can make it work."

"After wanting an FJ Cruiser ever since they first came in production I finally bought a 2007 well cared for pre-owned with 100k on it. I have not owned it long enough to speak of "reliability" but based on my research and reviews I am not worried about that. I have owned many Lexus cars/suv's over the years so I am familiar with Toyota reliability. I have owned many nice cars including Porsche over the years and I must say in the short time I have owned this FJ it is my favorite vehicle I have owned. It is just fun to drive, it looks great,etc, etc. Lets look at a few things that people bring up about the FJ. First is the "blind spot". If you adjust your mirrors correctly and buy some $2.00 blind spot mirrors for both side mirrors and pay attention to what you are doing it is not a factor at all. The simplicity of the interior design is what I LOVE about the vehicle. Mine has the basics I want/need AC, cruise, am/fm/cd, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, 4x4. If you want a luxury SUV look at Lexus or something else. This SUV is utilitarian by design and function. I have a 7yo son and love the ability to wash the inside out after a trip to the beach, park, etc. My biggest complaint is the lack of storage by means of an enclosed arm rest compartment. Their are some aftermarket companies that have options be even they are not what I would like or used to. I will be looking at some workarounds to fix the storage situation. With a vehicle their are usually trades off no matter what. Love the Lexus RX series (I owned one) but they are not designed for "off road" even with the AWD version. The Dodge Durango (owned one) has great storage and space front and rear but the over all look is not that appealing. I don't consider myself a gear head but I do like nice cars. I am 45 years old and my FJ gets compliments from young and old. Plan on being part of the FJ "fraternity" because as you pass other people in an FJ they will wave or stop and talk. Strangers will either look at you, nod, or simply start asking questions. In the end the FJ is AWESOME if you understand what you are buying and what it is. It has been a long time since I have owned a vehicle I was excited about driving and finding myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere. I feel like a 16 year old that just got his licenses and wants to drive everywhere all the time for no reason at all. My plan is keeping this SUV for a lifetime and letting my son in 9 years drive it when he turns 16. It is a SUV me and him can enjoy together tinkering,doing small repairs, and doing modifications. I think this is the type vehicle that becomes part of a family for generations. P"

Awesome vehicle

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

My FJ

"This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have had this vehicle for seven years and haven't had any problems at all. The durability and drivablity have always impressed me. It looks as good today as it did when I purchased it,"

My FJ

very reliable,fun to drive,very tough off road

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "can be used as an every day driver or off roading"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have owned my FJ (2007) since new, original 30k miles 1 owner,I have have over 20 different vehicles in my life and NONE compare to my FJ, it handles like a car,yet very rugid when I need it to be, I pull my boat,camper and off road vehicle and barely notice they are behind me,I HIGHLY recommend at least test driving one before you buy something else when in the market for a vehicle, very very nice vehicles!!"

Quality, Quality, Quality

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I have had this vechile for 15 months and have not even had a loose screw on it. It has held up to cold North Dakota winters without any problems and has performed great in off road."

Some Suggestions

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Interior noise needs to be reduced especially when excellerating...too noisy. Would like to see a small V-8 with 275hp to 300hp. V-6 is zippy, but it's still a 6 banger. Do not use Dunlop tires. They are rated very low in CR and I agree. Within 100 miles, 3 of the 4 tires had to be replaced. Took 3 trips to the dealership to correct...wasted 7 hrs. of my time."

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Very Cool Ride!

By on Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pros: "It is fun and room enough for 5 with big storage."

Cons: "fuel milage- blind spot- wind noise"

"I need a 4 WD for winter and have had 3 Jeep Wranglers and several trucks. I was going to buy a new Jeep but always like the look of the FJ and wanted to compare to the Unlimited. The FJ's ride and handling was much better. The Toyota quality is superior to the Jeep. It really handles well in snow. Negatives; not great gas milage (neither is many 4WD jeeps, trucks or SUV's this size), can't take the top off, blind spots to left and right rear when changing lanes and you get wind noise sometimes on highway due to the flat windshield. That said, it is one of the coolest vehicles I have ever owned. All weather vehicle that won't quit or leave you hanging."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Hauls like a truck, drives like a sports sedan.

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, great sound, & powerful towing"

Cons: "None."

"Bought this FJ new in 2006 when it was love at first sight. The retro styling reminded me of the original Land Cruiser. The test drive proved comfortable for long trips and the drive train supported pulling our big trailer. It has hauled that full trailer over mountains easily. I still like this car to the point that I am reluctant to sell. Might just buy another FJ."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Highly recommend !

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, off road performance, ride"

Cons: "takes getting used to line of view in mirrors,"

"Traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sports which I did like but, does not compare to the ride, " gas mileage ", solid performing FJ Cruiser. I love this rig..... Only draw back is line of sight in mirrors. Installed small dome mirrors that corrected that minor issue. Handles great off road and in the snow. I use my vehicles almost daily off road. Unlike the Barbie Doll Jeeps I see cruising up and down main street. Great gas mileage averaging 19 - 21 mpg. UNlike my 11-14 mpg Jeep.... FJ Cruiser, Wished I had purchased sooner !"

Great for short trips!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Unique, Great for messy Kids"

Cons: "Just Ok Fuel Mileage, Slugish Braking"

"For an SUV with a full frame you can't expect the mileage to be that good but it makes up for that with it's amazing off road capabilities! I'm averaging 21 highway and 17 around town so it's great for short trips but I wouldn't take it on any road trips if fuel is a factor. Four people can fit in comfortably including 2 car seats in the back 4 surfboards on top and luggage in the back. When you don't have the kids surfboards or whatever else fit perfectly in the back with the seats folded down flat. I live on the beach so off road capability was a big factor and I haven't gooten this thing stuck once. It runs smooth has been mechanically sound and is easy to clean out. Kids have spilt stuff in it and it cleans right up due to the water proof interior. Honestly the only complaint I have about it is the braking. To stop from even 50 you have to mash the brakes and do to the forward body roll you feel like you're going to eat the dash! Other than that I love it!"

Great vehicle, on road off road

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Highly recommend it for all weather conditions. It's got more guts than I do."

Really like my FJ, good for shopping or camping!!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"The FJ is roomy, fits three carseats in back w/ no problem. Plenty of cargo space in back, and seats fold down for even more cargo space. Love how the doors open out making it easy to get in back and doors are easy to close."

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Old school 4x4 system is bullit proof"

Cons: "Um, Well , People are always looking at you."

Big Bear 2011

"65000 Miles and NO rattles at all. Decent fuel mileage. Can climb a mountain like a Billy Goat when camping, go home, wash and pull up to the office and field compliments. I do my own maintenance and everything is easy and straight forward. I have owned 18 cars in my lifetime and this is my favorite. I cannot imagine parting with it. Oh yeah, I bought it used as a certified Toyota, put 43,000 miles in 22 months and it is worth more than I paid for it."

Big Bear 2011

Fun and functional, a lot of value!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Durable, fun, functional, tough"

Cons: "no rear view, back seat is small/ hard to climb in"

"I use my 08 FJ as a sales vehicle. I have over 100K miles, and have had zero issues. It gets loaded with heavy samples, carrying over 1000 lbs at all times, and in Washington DC traffic. We have torn through brakes, rotors, etc when using other vehicles for this job. The FJ has been maintenance free. I change oil regularly, wiper blades and stuff. I realized around 85K miles that I have never taken it to the shop, for anything. So I got some new tires and got a good inspection done. They didn't even recommend brakes or a tune up. Said it was all still new. The rear doors are a pain in tight parking, and you will have to learn to drive without seeing behind you. It is probably not great for a new driver, or people who aren't mobile. Otherwise, I think it is a great vehicle, and I haven't lost a bit of the value."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Crazy traction with the locker"

Cons: "Kind of limited storage space/center console"

Before I blacked out all of the silver parts...

"This thing reminds me of my old Chevy Blazer with lockers, a decked out 350 and attitude... except it has a 4.0L motor, way better gas mileage, way more comfortable, way more reliable, way better looking, way more quiet and actually hasn't broke down and don't expect it to any time soon! I have not taken it everywhere I've taken the Blazer but close and it has not failed me yet. I have a 2.25" Bilstein 5100 lift in the front with a 1" coil spacer in the rear sitting on 285/75 (33") - 17" Nitto Terra Graplers and it sits pretty much level at a 1/4" taller in the rear. I installed Trail Gear rock sliders and skids, Hella lights up front... I was worried I wouldn't be able to get out of my own way and that is far from the truth, plenty of power. I love this truck, it is by far one of my all time favorite vehicles I've ever owned and I've had plenty from Fords to Chevys to Hondas and VW's."

Before I blacked out all of the silver parts...

Best Toyota Ever

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "Whole experience overall"

Cons: "Should be better on gas"

"I witch they could have a gas saver kit. it will be the perfect car."

Strong, but minor flaws

By on Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The FJ is an excellent vehicle for its functional purposes (ie. offroad, bad weather, hauling a bit of stuff) but there are a few things I've noticed in the three years of owning one. The day-to-day usage brings some flaws to light, such as the well known visibility issue. It hasn't been much of a problem for me, but my wife hates the blind spots. Also, the back seat area is surprisingly small. The stock cd player died, but was replaced by factory warranty, and other than a few interior squeaks, it is exactly what I set out to buy initially-a truck. Some folks can complain about handling or fuel mileage but the FJ was never intended to be the cutting edge of SUV technology!"

Reliable & Rock Solid

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Fell in love with the FJ at its Auto Show premiere so I purchased the 1st edition 07 FJ in Spring of 06 and now have 60K miles on it. No problems mechanically, very reliable and a solid runner. Regular maintenance is easy and cheap. You don't even need a jack to change the oil, just crawl underneath and the top mounted oil filter makes it even easier. The futuristic styling speaks for itself, no other SUV on the road looks like it. Plenty of interior room although the back seats can get cramp for a long raod trip, you wouldn't want to sit back there for more than 4 hours. Fold-down the seats and there is ton of cargo room. Handles well in good/bad weather. Stock tires are just okay in snow, traction is not the best especially when stopping in snow. However, the 4 wheel drive works fantastic in bad weather. 18 to 20 mpg in the City and 22 Highway, assuming you don't have a lead foot. If you're constantly carting around more than 2 people, this may not be the best SUV for you. But for the occasional 3rd passenger, this is a fine SUV for getting through bad weather and hauling cargo. Fantastic sound system, MP3 Aux jack is great. No frills interior, rubber-lined floor makes for easy clean up especially in winter. Only negatives is that it has a terrible blind-spot which takes getting use to. Must trust your mirrors, attaching an self-adhesive bubble mirror to the standard mirror helps tremendously, did that on both mirrors, just like a school bus. Also, standard jack is useless. Had a flat tire once and the jack was too short so I carry a speed jack in the trunk in case of a flat - small negatives overall. Unbeatable value considering other SUV's in its class, reliable, safe and very easy to own. I plan on keeping this truck well past 250K and would gladly get another.""

Built like a tank

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"This vehicle is built like a tank. Solid, dependable and really good looking. I have 120,000 miles on it and all parts are fully functional and uses no oil, etc. Just plain solid Toyota dependability."

Best car ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I have a 2007 FJ and I love everything about this car.A lot of people complain about the small trunk.That's a lie.The FJ have a very good size trunk.Others complain about the blind spot.There is a blind spot,but a small extra mirror from a dollar store solve the problem.I never had any close calls change lanes.Inside and out the car look great.The back seat is not that small like some people say.Me and my wife we both love our FJ and I recommend this car for anyone.Good on gas,fun to drive,lots of room.Is a Toyota,so the value is great.If you think about buying one,don't think twice,you will love it !!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals