2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Excellent daily driver & weekend trails explorer

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Ample power/torque and cargo space."

Cons: "Not a family car as it is not a true 4-door"

Easy to drive in winter conditions

"Bought this vehicle for my wife as a daily driver for her and most weekends we can be found in the southern California mountains off-roading. Previously owned a Jeep Liberty/Renegade which was an "acceptable" 4wd vehicle - The FJ weighs about 1,400 lbs more and handles much better on snow/ice getting to our cabin. This vehicle is simply fun to drive and quite functional. Ample room for our two dogs, plenty of power/torque when needed. Resale value speaks volumes about this truck."

Easy to drive in winter conditions

Great for tougher driving conditions

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Crash rollover ratings, stereo, handling, passing"

Cons: "blind spots, back seat access, rutty ice driving"

"I live in Alaska, and have teen and preteen kids. I have the Trail Teams Edition, so it comes with more bells and whistles. I LOVE my Land Cruiser! I get A LOT of complements. So many pluses that the negatives are easy to learn, but with each vehicle, this is what you should expect. I get 17 mpg in town/4 wheel, and 20-21 mpg on the highway. Very low maintenance. With kids and pets, I love that the interior can be sprayed down. The stereo this model came with has a subwoofer and it ROCKS!! Passing with the automatic is pretty good for a V6. The only negatives: with owning 4WD vehicles my whole life, this is one vehicle I HAD to put studs on. The body sits wider than a normal vehicle, so on rutty ice/slushy conditions, this vehicle will fish tail without the studs. Just need to drive with more reactiveness because of it. I have also needed a new windshield almost yearly because of its almost straight up aspect, it doesn't deflect rocks well. There are major blind spots, but being a fire fighter and married to one, we love the crash and rollover ratings on this vehicle and understand that the beams are much beefier than other vehicles. You learn to use extra caution on changing lanes, turns, and merges. Since this has suicide doors on more of a lifted vehicle, this is a car you can put kids, teens, or smaller adults in the back. I have put 6'+ in back, and a friend who is 6'6" was surprised at how well he fit comfortably in the driver seat. Lots of head and leg room in FRONT. Other than that, this vehicle will go ANYwhere you want it to. Absolutely fun to drive. It's not a Cadillac CTS so don't expect it to drive like one. This is definitely a vehicle for someone who wants sporty over luxury. You want more luxury? Get the larger Land Cruiser."

2008 FJ Cruiser

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I purchase the FJ for a reason; I didn't want a road-only SUV, I have a Lexus for that. I live in Chicago and on the worse days and weekends in winter I travel north to Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for minus 20 degree nights and snow storms that challange anything out there. Outside the minor visibility issues (I'm used to not seeing behind me when I pull a snowmobile tailer) the FJ does everything well. The artificial intellegent transmission knows when your trailing and it doesn't constantantly downshift like other SUV's (including my lexus). Although not touted as tow vehicle this thing tows up to 5,000 lbs. The 2500 sled trailer is hardly noticed. If you want leather, gagets (it's got a few) heated and cooled seats there are a lot of choices. The FJ loaded out is not the 24K entry model, mine lists for 34K with the options. The interior is bare bones, but the drivtrain and body on frame are as good as Totota /Lexus makes. Off road the only thing that can touch it is a Jeep Rubicon (sorry Range Rover)"

FJ Cruiser 2007 C model

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I can't compare this vehicle to anything else I have owned. I have driven many trucks/SUV's and relate that to this review. THe raw impression is the FJ is a very capable 4WD and Sport vehicle. Besides the poor inside lighting, blind spots, windshield breaks, this vehicle has lots of apparent power, handles well, rides well for a truck/SUV. I am enjoying driving it a lot. I wonder why the premium fuel? It runs on regular just fine as well. I will haul a holiday trailer this summer."

Family friendly SUV

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I have to say my wife and I had been looking at these since they came out and fell in love with it. We purchased in late 08 and have been very happy with it. The FJ is a very solid and safe vehicle for my wife and daughter with the 4 million air bags inside. It handles great in any weather and feels very sturdy, even in the 24 inches of snow we got at one time the fj just crawled through. The traction control gives you an extra peace of mind when dealing with road conditions like black ice or slippery wet roads. The cabin is very roomy for us (me being taller and my wife fairly short). My only complaint is the suicide doors are hard to get children out of the vehicle when you are in a parking lot, because opening both doors traps you in against the vehicle next to you. Oh yeah and learning to trust your mirrors is a must because this vehicle does have several blind spots. Overall I would still recommend this vehicle to anyone considering it, just keep in mind that there are some things you will have to get used to such as access to rear seats and blind spots."

soild rig

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Well, I've had her for 15 months now. I cured my blind spots by installing convex mirrors to the upper outside of my mirrors...there is no blind spot now. The gas mileage is excellent for a vehicle this size shape. I drive mostly highway and knock down 20 all the time.....without PREMIUM. I did take it on a trip to portland (200 miles) and knock down nearly 22 mpg. The tranny is always putting her into a low gear to save on the fuel...but will come alive when stomped on. I think the interior scratches a bit too easily but, I don't miss the carpeting. I still haven't learned to stop while i can still see the light...oh well, I'm getting good at the intersection ducking. I also need to remeber to wipe the snow off of the roof just above the real door as the snow will fall into the vehicle. I do like the Fjammer stereo system. I wish i could have gotten heated seats .....but the fabric on the seats is very good against the elements...and pretty comfortable too. I have had my windshield replaced once..and now i stay away from semi's as much as possible. Overall the thing is very nice to drive,rock soild...and the oil is a breeze to change. They even made the fj oil plug removable WITHOUT dropping the skidplate(unlike my old 99 tacoma) just pop out the plastic plug (resessed as to not get damaged even) and you're in business...the filter looks right at ya when the hood is lifted. Just cram a gatorade bottle (32oz) under the overflow spout and you're in business. The toyota mech left his(Gatorade) under my hood after he changed my oil...I ain't giving it back either. Great rig...could use some tougher glass....did I mention heated seats/sunroof?"

Exactly what it wants you think it is, AWESOME!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "True All Terrain vehicle."

Cons: "Cannot think of any my FJ is exactly what expected"

"Great vehicle."

Most reliable and maintenance free ever owned

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Incredible reliabilty and durabilty."

Cons: "Gas mileage and windshield replacement."

"Remarkable for a first year vehicle. Have only done scheduled maintenance during warranty period and then changed oil, filters, etc. myself. Only negative is the upright flat windshield. Collects rocks like crazy! Loved it so much, we just purchased a 2013 and kept the 2007!!!!"

Highly recommend !

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, off road performance, ride"

Cons: "takes getting used to line of view in mirrors,"

"Traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sports which I did like but, does not compare to the ride, " gas mileage ", solid performing FJ Cruiser. I love this rig..... Only draw back is line of sight in mirrors. Installed small dome mirrors that corrected that minor issue. Handles great off road and in the snow. I use my vehicles almost daily off road. Unlike the Barbie Doll Jeeps I see cruising up and down main street. Great gas mileage averaging 19 - 21 mpg. UNlike my 11-14 mpg Jeep.... FJ Cruiser, Wished I had purchased sooner !"

Great for short trips!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Unique, Great for messy Kids"

Cons: "Just Ok Fuel Mileage, Slugish Braking"

"For an SUV with a full frame you can't expect the mileage to be that good but it makes up for that with it's amazing off road capabilities! I'm averaging 21 highway and 17 around town so it's great for short trips but I wouldn't take it on any road trips if fuel is a factor. Four people can fit in comfortably including 2 car seats in the back 4 surfboards on top and luggage in the back. When you don't have the kids surfboards or whatever else fit perfectly in the back with the seats folded down flat. I live on the beach so off road capability was a big factor and I haven't gooten this thing stuck once. It runs smooth has been mechanically sound and is easy to clean out. Kids have spilt stuff in it and it cleans right up due to the water proof interior. Honestly the only complaint I have about it is the braking. To stop from even 50 you have to mash the brakes and do to the forward body roll you feel like you're going to eat the dash! Other than that I love it!"

Great vehicle, on road off road

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Highly recommend it for all weather conditions. It's got more guts than I do."

Really like my FJ, good for shopping or camping!!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"The FJ is roomy, fits three carseats in back w/ no problem. Plenty of cargo space in back, and seats fold down for even more cargo space. Love how the doors open out making it easy to get in back and doors are easy to close."

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Old school 4x4 system is bullit proof"

Cons: "Um, Well , People are always looking at you."

Big Bear 2011

"65000 Miles and NO rattles at all. Decent fuel mileage. Can climb a mountain like a Billy Goat when camping, go home, wash and pull up to the office and field compliments. I do my own maintenance and everything is easy and straight forward. I have owned 18 cars in my lifetime and this is my favorite. I cannot imagine parting with it. Oh yeah, I bought it used as a certified Toyota, put 43,000 miles in 22 months and it is worth more than I paid for it."

Big Bear 2011

Fun and functional, a lot of value!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Durable, fun, functional, tough"

Cons: "no rear view, back seat is small/ hard to climb in"

"I use my 08 FJ as a sales vehicle. I have over 100K miles, and have had zero issues. It gets loaded with heavy samples, carrying over 1000 lbs at all times, and in Washington DC traffic. We have torn through brakes, rotors, etc when using other vehicles for this job. The FJ has been maintenance free. I change oil regularly, wiper blades and stuff. I realized around 85K miles that I have never taken it to the shop, for anything. So I got some new tires and got a good inspection done. They didn't even recommend brakes or a tune up. Said it was all still new. The rear doors are a pain in tight parking, and you will have to learn to drive without seeing behind you. It is probably not great for a new driver, or people who aren't mobile. Otherwise, I think it is a great vehicle, and I haven't lost a bit of the value."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Crazy traction with the locker"

Cons: "Kind of limited storage space/center console"

Before I blacked out all of the silver parts...

"This thing reminds me of my old Chevy Blazer with lockers, a decked out 350 and attitude... except it has a 4.0L motor, way better gas mileage, way more comfortable, way more reliable, way better looking, way more quiet and actually hasn't broke down and don't expect it to any time soon! I have not taken it everywhere I've taken the Blazer but close and it has not failed me yet. I have a 2.25" Bilstein 5100 lift in the front with a 1" coil spacer in the rear sitting on 285/75 (33") - 17" Nitto Terra Graplers and it sits pretty much level at a 1/4" taller in the rear. I installed Trail Gear rock sliders and skids, Hella lights up front... I was worried I wouldn't be able to get out of my own way and that is far from the truth, plenty of power. I love this truck, it is by far one of my all time favorite vehicles I've ever owned and I've had plenty from Fords to Chevys to Hondas and VW's."

Before I blacked out all of the silver parts...

Best Toyota Ever

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "Whole experience overall"

Cons: "Should be better on gas"

"I witch they could have a gas saver kit. it will be the perfect car."

Strong, but minor flaws

By on Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The FJ is an excellent vehicle for its functional purposes (ie. offroad, bad weather, hauling a bit of stuff) but there are a few things I've noticed in the three years of owning one. The day-to-day usage brings some flaws to light, such as the well known visibility issue. It hasn't been much of a problem for me, but my wife hates the blind spots. Also, the back seat area is surprisingly small. The stock cd player died, but was replaced by factory warranty, and other than a few interior squeaks, it is exactly what I set out to buy initially-a truck. Some folks can complain about handling or fuel mileage but the FJ was never intended to be the cutting edge of SUV technology!"

Reliable & Rock Solid

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Fell in love with the FJ at its Auto Show premiere so I purchased the 1st edition 07 FJ in Spring of 06 and now have 60K miles on it. No problems mechanically, very reliable and a solid runner. Regular maintenance is easy and cheap. You don't even need a jack to change the oil, just crawl underneath and the top mounted oil filter makes it even easier. The futuristic styling speaks for itself, no other SUV on the road looks like it. Plenty of interior room although the back seats can get cramp for a long raod trip, you wouldn't want to sit back there for more than 4 hours. Fold-down the seats and there is ton of cargo room. Handles well in good/bad weather. Stock tires are just okay in snow, traction is not the best especially when stopping in snow. However, the 4 wheel drive works fantastic in bad weather. 18 to 20 mpg in the City and 22 Highway, assuming you don't have a lead foot. If you're constantly carting around more than 2 people, this may not be the best SUV for you. But for the occasional 3rd passenger, this is a fine SUV for getting through bad weather and hauling cargo. Fantastic sound system, MP3 Aux jack is great. No frills interior, rubber-lined floor makes for easy clean up especially in winter. Only negatives is that it has a terrible blind-spot which takes getting use to. Must trust your mirrors, attaching an self-adhesive bubble mirror to the standard mirror helps tremendously, did that on both mirrors, just like a school bus. Also, standard jack is useless. Had a flat tire once and the jack was too short so I carry a speed jack in the trunk in case of a flat - small negatives overall. Unbeatable value considering other SUV's in its class, reliable, safe and very easy to own. I plan on keeping this truck well past 250K and would gladly get another.""

Built like a tank

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"This vehicle is built like a tank. Solid, dependable and really good looking. I have 120,000 miles on it and all parts are fully functional and uses no oil, etc. Just plain solid Toyota dependability."

Best car ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I have a 2007 FJ and I love everything about this car.A lot of people complain about the small trunk.That's a lie.The FJ have a very good size trunk.Others complain about the blind spot.There is a blind spot,but a small extra mirror from a dollar store solve the problem.I never had any close calls change lanes.Inside and out the car look great.The back seat is not that small like some people say.Me and my wife we both love our FJ and I recommend this car for anyone.Good on gas,fun to drive,lots of room.Is a Toyota,so the value is great.If you think about buying one,don't think twice,you will love it !!!!!"

One Bad Off Roader

By on Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I have owned my FJ for a little over 3 years. What can I say other than I never thought I would be completely 100% happy with a vehicle. I have owned numerous Jeeps, Broncos, and the FJ surpasses them all. This thing goes anywhere in any condition and can climb like a beast. My Jeeps never could do what the FJ does with ease. If you are thinking of purchasing one, it would be the smartest decision ever. I usually buy vehicles every 2 years but I will NEVER get rid of the FJ, it has been reliable and its awesome to own. Plus, it has kept its value unlike ALL of my Jeeps."

Better than any Jeep

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Awesome offroad vehicle. Able to do ANY offroad trail with ease. Decent power and towing capabilities. Few downfalls though: It is geared for offroading/rock crawling, so if you do anything over 65 mph on the highway you will loose MPG. The half rear doors are pointless in your parked next to another vehilce (if anyone is in the rear seat you have to open the front, then the rear, then close the front to let them out, or they'll be trapped between 2 open doors.) Rear visibility problems are solved with a simple $1 stick on wide angel mirror. So those are the bad, not really an issue to me. When it comes to offroading, the FJ is basically a Jeep with Toyota reliability. Hands down the best offroad vehilce on the market available."

SOLID AS A ROCK

By on Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"I'VE OWNED MY FJ FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST SOILD VEHICLE I'VE EVER DRIVEN. IT STILL DRIVES AND FEELS AS GOOD AS THE DAY I BOUGHT IT. NOT ONE PROBLEM IN THIS TIME PERIOD. I'M GETTING 19 TO 20 MPG OVERALL AND I THINK THIS IS VERY GOOD FOR A 4WD VEHICLE. I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THIS VEHICLE. EYE CATCHING STYLING FROM EVERYONE THAT LOOKS AT IT. TOYOTA BUILT ANOTHER WINNER."

Best of the Best

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"The Toyota FJ is one of the best sport utility vehicles on the road. Cruising at 80mph on the freeway to Vegas or driving off road in Colorado this 4X4 is great to drive. Outstanding resale value, reliability and quality set this vehicle light years ahead of jeep and Hummer. If you can find a 2010 drive it - you'll own it..."

Not A Poser - Real SUV

By on Sunday, March 7, 2010

"So many so-called SUV's in the world may as well be called UAV's (Urban Assault Vehicles), as the only terrain most are good for is pavement. The FJ Cruiser not only looks the part, it is the Real McCoy. No matter what your surface, you can be confident the the FJ will not be outdone by many. I've had mine in deep mud and snow and she wouldn't get stuck. Over the highway she's a bit mushy and the short wheelbase causes one to steer a lot, but that's the trade-off for what is gained off-road. She is a solid vehicle with plenty of power and reliablility. Best of all, at 38,000 miles with 18 payments remaining, my 2007 FJ Cruiser is worth $26K outright and $22K on a trade. She's worth 2 to 3 times what I owe! A Real SUV - NOT A POSER!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals