2003 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 429 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

This is my third Echo, love them

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Very gas efficient and reliable, I always get significantly more MPG than they claim: 35-40 in city always. Mine is a manual. The steering is hard ie doesn't feel like power steering but that is my only complaint and it is minor. Have never had any mechanical problems with any of the Echoes that I have had. Last one had over 130,000 miles on it before I sold it to a neighbor, it now has just under 200,000 and is still going!"

Loved it for 14 years-would buy another one!

By on Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pros: "design suited me for sitting in driver's seat, air"

Cons: "bumpy ride"

"I loved this car from the beginning because suited my long legs and shorter torso as well as the fresh air flow system -- and kept it forever because it is reliable, good on gas milage, and easy to drive. With regular oil changes, it didn't need much work for almost 200, 000 miles. Now it has emissions problems, and I guess I better let it go. I wish they were still making them-- I would buy another one with updated safety features."

I will die before it!`

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cons: "Outside noise, 2 doors. People make fun of it."

"I bought this car in 2004 for $6900 and it had 16K miles on it. It's been my commuter car ever since. Ten years later it has 160K on it, is valued at $2650 and my mechanic says it will go forever, which is more than I can say for myself. When I first got it I got 45 mpg hwy (which is most of my commute). I now get 38-40 mpg depending on time of year, tires, and outside temp. Mind you I added a roof rack with bike racks and haul a bike around a bit, which can subtract from mileage. I can park it anywhere and it still looks like new. It is so roomy on the inside that I fit 3 obese brothers comfortably with lots of head and leg room. It was amusing watching them get in and out of a 2 door car though."

Drove it 13-1/2 years-loved it! Would buy another.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, economical, practical, cute, fun drive"

Cons: "They quit making the Echo."

"This was a great little dependable, economcal car. Very practical, but cute. Never let me down. I hate to let it go. I especially loved the offset control panel, which is in the center of the dash instead of over the steering wheel. Has far more interior storage than my new Scion xB."

Great car, reliable, great value

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, few repairs"

Cons: "front seats uncomortable for long trips"

"I have owned my Echo for 9 years. Only 1 significant repair due to normal wear and tear, transmission-related. The gas mileage (especially when new) was fantastic - 36 miles to the gallon on the highway! The interior design is a bit different but great one you're used to it. Good trunk space for such a small car. My model does not have any amenities, like power locks, etc. Having the fold-down seat would be helpful though. Leg room in the back seat is good. After some years and a back injury the driver's seat isn't as comfortable as it once was, but over all I highly recommend this car. They run forever and if you take care of it you will get much more than your money's worth."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals