2000 Toyota Echo

9.3

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

This is my third Echo, love them

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Very gas efficient and reliable, I always get significantly more MPG than they claim: 35-40 in city always. Mine is a manual. The steering is hard ie doesn't feel like power steering but that is my only complaint and it is minor. Have never had any mechanical problems with any of the Echoes that I have had. Last one had over 130,000 miles on it before I sold it to a neighbor, it now has just under 200,000 and is still going!"

Been Driving this car for 10 Years!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Comfortable,Economical, Cheap to own"

"I bought my 2000 Toyota Echo with 6,600 miles on it. I have always used Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and now that it has over 220K I now started using the Mobil 1 High Mileage Fully Synthetic. Not sure if it would have mattered. My car is more sporty than most with american racing rims which allow fatter tires and dark window tinting on black paint it looks pretty good. Mine is an automatic and gets 40mpg never had to do anything but change oil. Spark plugs should be replaced at 100k s..Never needs distributor cap..never even had to flush radiator only add a little still looks new inside and out. Plan on keeping it until it is towed away! If you hang on to this car it will save you money and be the most dependable car you will ever own period!"

Great car, reliable, great value

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, few repairs"

Cons: "front seats uncomortable for long trips"

"I have owned my Echo for 9 years. Only 1 significant repair due to normal wear and tear, transmission-related. The gas mileage (especially when new) was fantastic - 36 miles to the gallon on the highway! The interior design is a bit different but great one you're used to it. Good trunk space for such a small car. My model does not have any amenities, like power locks, etc. Having the fold-down seat would be helpful though. Leg room in the back seat is good. After some years and a back injury the driver's seat isn't as comfortable as it once was, but over all I highly recommend this car. They run forever and if you take care of it you will get much more than your money's worth."

Love my car

By on Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, peppy, roomy, dependable"

Cons: "no intermittant windshield wipers"

"Dependable, peppy, surprisingly roomy. I've put 170,000 trouble free miles on my car and am quite happily looking forward to the next 170,000 and beyond. The body has held up amazingly well. People are surprised my little car is as old as she is -- she still looks great. The gas milage is fabulous. Still get upwards of 37 highway after 12 years. Yeah, the car is basic -- no power locks, windows, etc. But I really don't feel the lack. I know that when I get in my car and turn the key, she will start and take me where I need to go. No worries. No stress."

best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "inexpensive, reliable, safe and FUN"

Cons: "passenger side wiper blade"

"the only thing NOT great about it is the windshield wiperblade on the passenger side. I've replaced it at least 5 times in the last 7 years because I cannot get it to clean/stay on the window. It skips and chatters across the glass. Mechanics have tried everything including bending the arm, UNbending the arm, new blades/fins to keep it against the glass. I have a very expensive blade on it right now which cost $20 (hey this is Canada ! everything costs more here), it still doesn't work right. Anyway that's my only complaint. Now for the good stuff: I get at LEAST 40 mpg on this little whizbomb and more on the highway. I can travel from Ogdensburg NY to central NewJersey on about 3/4 of a tank of gas....it's a great little car, just love it. SO economical. I'm a senior on a fixed income and can't afford major repairs, and this car hasn't let me down. I also like the mechanical door locks rather than electronic. Too bad they don't make this car any more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Echo near Honolulu. See local deals