2008 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1407 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Best Value on the Planet

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "Great value and very safe"

Cons: "Paint did not hold up well, clearcoat deteriorated"

"I inherited this car from my dad in 2014 after he passed away. He bought it used in 2013 with 189,000 miles for $5000.00. It was in excellent condition for the age. The hoses, engine, exhaust system and interior/exterior were maintained well. The gas mileage is superb. Minimal service cost. The only flaw was the clear coat deteriorating. I recently was involved in a serious accident. This little car is amazingly strong and safe! I rear ended a truck at 50 plus MPH and walked away without a scratch. Sadly, it was totaled but I will likely buy another!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pros: "Extreamly Reliable. will start every morning"

Cons: "Center console too plain and plasticky"

replaces the headlights

"I,ve owned this car for 3 years now lived in California, now in Texas, I,ve traveled to Yosemite, los Angeles..........Everywhere. This car starts every morning, its just wonderful."

replaces the headlights

Perfect blend of power and economy

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliability and economy"

Cons: "slightly difficult getting steering wheel comfort"

"Bought a 2006 Corolla in 2011 with 43,500 miles and paid a bit too much but no regrets. As in title, it's the perfect blend of power and economy. Not pin-you-back-in-the-seat kind of power, but 130HP in a 2200lb car and VVTi it's plenty peppy and gets 40mpg. One time on a long stretch with a nice tail-wind I got 44mpg, rivaling a hybrid. As for reliability it has no peers, I have never had a problem in the 30k+ miles I have put on it, spent not one dime on repairs, only regular maintenance costs. It starts first time every time with minimal cranking, even when it was 6°F one day. I did buy a set of Goodyear Eagle tires because the tires the Dealer put on it were junk, and a battery to replace the original factory one. I use Mobil1 and can go 5,000 miles and have to add half a quart. Never a drop of oil on driveway. Change at 8000. Shifts smooth, roomy inside. Handles reasonably well in snow. Hands down best 4-door sedan in it's class."

Best small car ever! Simple, economical, reliable

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Great value, great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "small if you have tall kids!"

"We have owned this car for 11 years, there is very minimal rust and I live in NY where the snow flies! (one rust spot by rear tire) This has been an amazing car that we bought when gas prices increased, have NEVER regretted our purchase. We paid 17k for it and got EVERY penny out of it and more. We are so bummed out that it was severely damaged in an accident, but really feel that it saved our son from serious injury when he went off the road due to ice. This year (2004) was built solid, the only issue we ever had was replacing the gas sleeve where you put gas in the car. We maintain our cars very well, oil changes, tires, brakes. Thats about all we paid for in 11 years. I think the newer Corollas are still built well.... If I ever see an older Corolla for sale and if I could figure out if it was maintained properly, I would buy it in a heartbeat. EXCELLENT car. Our mechanic said we had another 75k left on the engine. What a bummer that its going to the parts graveyard!"

Hated to loose

By on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pros: "Great value and performanc"

"I owned this car for 11 years and gave it to my 19 yr old son. I now have a 2014 Elantra but i know it will never hold to my Corolla. I wish i was still driving my Corolla knowing my son is never going to care for it like I did. I never had to do any major work to this car and neither has he so far. No trans or engine work other than maintiance."