2006 Toyota Corolla

Based on 1407 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

not comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Great car as far as reliability and gas mileage. However I drive an hour each way to work and I hate driving this car. The seats are not comfortable and the steering wheel does not telescope. I have long legs so I have to put the seat back and my arms hang mid air onto the steering wheel. Neither the door arm rest or the console comes anywhere close to being of any use. I will trade this car in as soon as I hit 2 years."

2003 Toyota Corolla S

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I bought my 2003 Toyota Corolla S Model new, and have had a few problems along the way...my C.D. player hasn't been reliable since the beginning, I had the catalytic converter replaced at approx. 50K miles (this was covered under the warranty because of a recall), I changed the brake pads at 80K miles, but according to the Toyota dealership because I didn't use Toyota manufactured brake pads, the now constant squeaking will never go away. I also think there is a problem with my heater core. When I first start the car and turn on the heater, a funny sound comes out of the dash (kind of like running water). And lastly, when I first start driving my car in the morning, I hear a whistle from the engine when I accelerate. But overall, it's been a fairly reliable car (it's never not started for me, etc.), and I've put a lot of miles on it. However, a few of the "little" problems along the way have really annoyed me. I have a friend who has about the same miles as me on a 2003 Honda Civic, and she hasn't had to do any maintenance other then oil changes, and brake pads, etc."

Good Car...but boring

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I would tell anyone looking for a inexpensive, reliable car to take a look at the Corolla. The styling is pretty bland, and it doesn't have much power, but gets great gas mileage. Not the most comfortable car to drive, but reliability and resale value make up for a lot of its shortcomings."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I have always thought highly of Toyotas. My family now owns only Toyotas with 2 of them being 2004 Corolla LEs. But today our little green car saved my life. I walked away from an intersection crash in which I was hit, and spun around about 90 degrees. Both front airbags deployed, the windshield cracked but did not fall in, the front of the car and passenger side took a beating, but the cabin of the car was protected along with me. My Corolla saved my life. I miss it already. Great gas mileage, looks & reliability and safety features. I would buy another Corolla in a heartbeat, and I may have to."

Great dependable vehicle!

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"This car is the best I've owned so far. It is dependable, relatively maintenance free and keeps on going. I couldn't ask for more out of something I pile the miles on. I can depend on my Corolla to get me where I need to go without problems!."