2001 Toyota Corolla

8.4

Based on 604 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Awesome car so far

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive mainly in the corners."

Cons: "Smaller then my old van"

"Great car, really solid and a great value, the gas mileage is great now 32mpg it couldn't be better."

Great Point A - Point B Car

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, good price"

Cons: "Cramped back seat,"

"I have been driving this car for about 4 years now. It has a few old car problems (i.e. worn key cylinder) but it has been heavily driven and slightly abused by it's previous owners. Despite that the car runs like a dream. It will get you wherever you need to go, not with much style or power, but it will get you there safely and reliably. All I ever really need to do is give it an oil change! I get about 28MPG in the winter and 32MPG in the summer. On size, I am about 5'11" and I bought it from a guy who fit just fine at 6'2". So the front seat really has no room issues. The back seat, however, can be quite cramped for your average person."

very reliable car

By on Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Great little car. Has plenty of pickup for a 4 cylinder. No repairs until 90k, then starter, and complete brakes with rotors and drums. Parts are so inexpensive it is ridiculous. After 10 yrs the headliner started to drop (glued it back up in 10 minutes), the exterior paint has started to fade (my daughter was not much for washing the car), the inside driver's door handle has broken twice (inexpensive as well, can be avoided by not pulling too hard), plastic headlights had to be replaced due to serious fading, and the outside black trim at the top of the doors has started to peel. All these minor cosmetic issues I consider to be quite acceptable for a 11 year old car with 96k on it. This car has always been very mechanically sound and reliable. However, having been in the collision business for 28 years and counting, I have decided to sell this car because much safer alternatives are available for the last two of our four children. This is not a car you want to be driving when a full size truck or SUV hits you square in the side. And teenagers are not always the smartest of drivers. My oldest daughter wrecked three cars before this one (two large station wagons and a van), which we bought together after she graduated from high school. No accidents since."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I have owned this car for 4-5 years now. I have not had a single problem with it. Very reliable. I've only replaced the tires and rims (Silver), which made the car look a lot nicer and updated. I also put in a new cd player. I found the stereo system was quite good already. It's the perfect size for me (5'6'') It has amazing gas mileage, it's actually pretty fun to drive (it's pretty zippy I THINK), comfortable for my size and weight, it's easy to park, and just all around great value. It's a great first car for doing a lot of commuting, like myself. I'm afraid I'll never get another car until this one completely dies. (Which will save me lots of money, even if I get bored with the car) The few downsides on my car are that I don't have power doors, locks, windows, etc, which can be annoying at times. Also, the car IS so lightweight feeling sometimes that in high winds you have to drive more carefully, it's not very high in style on the inside or out (but there's nothing wrong with simplicity), the back seat is pretty tight for leg room, but considering no one is ever in my back seat I don't really care."

My corolla

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"My corolla is a great car for a small family or single person. It gets great gas mileage. about a year before my warranty ran out my motor had to be replaced because it was drinking a quart of oil a week. I had a brand new motor put it in and now it runs great."