1999 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 610 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

I love my Toyota, I'd hate to give it up!

By on Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pros: "dependable & economical"

Cons: "can't really think of any"

"My 2001 Toyota Corolla has been amazing, the best reliable car I've ever had. No problems outside normal maintenance and I love the front wheel drive - excellent for winter conditions. I'm pushing 200,000 miles and it still runs great but have a few rust spots around the wheel wells and rocker panels but I guess that's to be expected for a car with that many miles and 13 years old. Mechanics say I can get 300,000 with scheduled maintenance because the engine is still in good shape. It's been a great car and I'll hate to trade it in or sell it when it comes time for a new car. I'll definitely look into another Corolla - a good quality car, extremely dependable and economical."

Still one of Toyota's best!

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, fits in compact spaces"

Cons: "Lightweight and probably not safe in an accident"

"I couldn't ask for a better little A to B commuter car! Its the most reliable, fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned by far. Everything works like it should and it has never once let me down. My only concern is safety since its so lightweight. It does come with duel airbags so you might walk away from a crash unharmed but the car will totaled."

best car for the money by far

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, great gas mileage, good in snow"

Cons: "wish they made a Corolla hatchback"

"This car has always started, peppy, great maneuverability, excellent gas mileage even after it started burning oil (about 1 qt/month) at 120,000 miles. Have done basic maintenance and only had to fix a few things after about 120,000 miles--nothing major. Would buy another but they are making the Corolla too big now and standard transmissions seem to be disappearing in everything but sport models with no better gas mileage than 13 YEARS AGO! Can't believe TECHNOLOGY HASN'T ADVANCED IN 13 YEARS!!! ?? BTW, checked out some cars in Canada and find their cars get better gas mileage--their emissions standards are higher so they make 'em more efficient. Here we only get what the oil companies will allow. In Japan the same cars we drive get 3x the mileage!"

You can never go wrong with a Toyota Corolla

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Great value, reliability and MPG"

Cons: "Not very good leg room in the back seats"

"We bought this 2002 car in 2001 new from the dealership...and we have absolutely no regrets. The car has been super reliable. The only money we have put into it is the regular maintenance (oil changes, tire changes/rotations, brakes --although brakes only needed to be changed twice in 12 years). We love our corolla so much we bought a 1997 model from a dear friend of ours, that one only has 95,000 and is running like a champ. Unfortunately, due to our recent adoption of our third little one, we need to sell our '97 in order to buy something more spacious (Toyota Sienna). The only con about this car is the space in the back seats, not very roomy."

love it!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cons: "small trunk"

"i absolutely love this car!!!!! everytime i get in it from driving our other vehicle (an older volvo), i literally say "ahhhhh!" it's so comfortable and its amazing what i fit inside. has been very reliable and the only thing i would want is a bigger trunk."