1999 Toyota Corolla

8.3

Based on 610 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

My second Corolla - love Toyota!!!

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "small enough to park anywhere. Great lasting value"

Cons: "feel bumpy road more than larger vehicle"

"This is my second Corolla. I have had no mechanical repairs except normal wear and tear! With regular oil changes and routine maintenance - no surprise break downs like I had with American made cars I owned prior. I have only driven Corollas for the past 22 years. I could put another 100,000 miles on this car. It will make a great car for a student or second family car. The only reason I will sell it is to buy a 4 wheel drive with a hatch back. I plan to buy Toyota again!! They don't loose their value!! Good ergonomics (seat feels good on long drive)"

almost perfect!

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Good price, extremely reliable, unpricey in terms of maintenance."

Cons: "Feels unsturdy, bland in appearance, door handles fall off after ten years."

"I have had my Toyota Corolla for 11 years so far, and it has been reliable the whole time. I have never needed roadside assistance accept for tires gone flat. I have only had to replace the tires, struts, and battery of this car over the course of eleven years. It is very reliable and a trouper, but I ended up paying too much for it over the years with my particular dealership's financing. I thought the car felt a bit unsturdy when the wind was really blowing or when I was passed by a semi on the highway. Overall,I would give this car's reliability an excellent rating. My mechanic missed me because I hardly ever had to visit him with my car. I would recommend keeping it in a garage though. After ten years, a few of my door handles fell off after baking in the hot sun of Florida. I always kept it in the driveway."

I've put 150,000 miles on this car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this car when I was 16 years old, and it has been nothing but reliable for me in the six years I've owned it. I love the manueverability of the compact car, and the interior is as comfortable as any I've sat in. I never had to do any serious work on the car until around 140,000 when the transmission seized up and had to be rebuilt($2000). Other than that I've had to replace normal wearable parts like the starter (120k/$200), the suspension (90k/$800), and the spark plugs (150k/$12). I've given it oil changes every 7k or so, and have yet to enounter a single problem with the engine even though I've averaged 25k miles/year in the car. It's certainly not the most attractive car, the 120hp won't satisfy a need for speed, and the back seat is fairly cramped, but the car is absolutely reliable and gets the transportation job done admirably."

Great Car....Toyotta Corolla!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Last car I owned was a Toyota Corolla, and so I bought my current car, also a Toyota Corolla because my first one lasted to 200,000 miles and the only thing I had to repair was a new radiator. My current one has 135,000 miles on it and has only needed the normal maintainance of tires, oil change, and all the regular maintainance advised by the guidebook included when I bought it brand new in 2002. I am sold on the Toyota Corollas. Two cars lasted me 22 years so far and only a radiator repair. Excellant product, excellant buy."

Awesome car so far

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive mainly in the corners."

Cons: "Smaller then my old van"

"Great car, really solid and a great value, the gas mileage is great now 32mpg it couldn't be better."