1997 Toyota Corolla

Based on 450 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

great car

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "great"

"Great car keep it maintained will run for ever well close to forever get36mpg on road at 65mph an about 26mpg in town, had to make a emirgancy turn once real sharp to the left car handled great car a little noisy but not bad pretty good ride as far a comfort is concernd"

excellent car

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, does good in snow"

Cons: "cup holders are small"

"I bought this car a few months ago i have had 0 issues with it right now the odomiter says it has 180,000 miles on it. All around this car has been good to me. There has really on been three minor things the cup holders are tiny, the AC doesn't work (we think it is a fuse, and the car has a shake on cold mornings. But this car has been my best friend it gets good gas mileage and does really well on gravel/snow i couldn't have asked for a better first car for the price i paid 1,500 for it and it is worth way more then that."

best car ever

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "everything except size if you are 5'9 or taller"

Cons: "size and handles"

"you can count on great mpg and long lasting runs like new think you have to shoot these cars to kill them lol just trat it nice and it will keep you moving"

I love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"It's a great car with excellent gas mileage. I get about 29 mpg on average. The only annoying thing about it is how loud it is and how much it vibrates."

This car has been good to me.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Long term cost with lack of break downs saves $$$"

Cons: "could be bigger inside but then get a Camery"

"This car has saved me alot of money over others by not needing repairs, 30 miles to a gallon. Top MPG was 36 with no AC and driving 70 MPH all freeway. Interior held up very well."

greatest

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "cheap and fun to drive"

"man i bought a corolla dx for 300 and put 90000 on it this car is great would definantly recommend this car to anyone"

Die-Hard Workhorse. Amazing Gas mileage on Highway

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage. Reliable."

Cons: "Bad for dates. Might get laughed at."

"Got this car as a Christmas present in 2010. It sat in the driveway over winter with two flat tires and a dead battery. Thought I would get it running in spring. So it sat there all winter. Previous owners got in an accident with it and deployed both airbags which they did not replace. The front end was repaired on the most part. When spring came and I charged the battery, I was amazed that it started up right away with little or no smoke. Fixed the tires and it drove remarkably well. When I moved to Virginia in the fall, I was hesitant that the car would make it. It not only made it, but did so with distinction. The has mileage amazed me. I filled the tank from Northern Ohio and drove to the Washington DC area, via through West Virginia. I still had half a tank left! On the other hand, just driving around town and such the gas mileage isn't that great. Taking road trips with this car is great. Even though the car was in an accident to the point of deploying its airbags, when I was driving 70, I let go of the wheel, and it stayed steady and true. Just keep checking the fluids on a regular basis. The oil and water of course, for they tend to get low for no reason but not really bad. It is not the best looking car and I joke that it is just a glamorous go-cart, it runs great, takes a beating, gets great mileage on the highway and very reliable if you treat it right. It is a work horse and love it. One of the best Christmas presents I received. :)"

its been a great car

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "great on gas, cheap to maintain,"

Cons: "kinda small for tall husband (get the matrix)"

"Ive had this car for 4 years. No problems with it. We had to replace the radiator cap ($16) and break fluid line. Loved the car so much we just bought a newer Toyota Matrix to replace it. I love Toyota, we have two of them, they can run forever. If I could drive this car forever I would have but new baby needs car newer than 16 years old (updated safety features)"

Can't beat a Toyota

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, quality, resale value"

"I bought my Corolla new in 1995 and drove it til I bought my 08 4 Runner (which I LOVE). I have never had a problem with it, it has been a very reliable car and will now make a great car for my 17 year old son. The only cost of owning it is gas and maintanence. Love my Toyotas."

Four-Time Winner

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"We currently own four Corolla sedans: 1996 DX (182K), 1998 LE (130K), 2006 LE (12K), 2009 LE (25K). With the exception of the 2009, I purchased all of these consistent runners used from the original owners. These machines ask for nothing special. An oil change and filter every 4-5K and they will run and run and run. Other normal service, of course. As example, the 1996 DX didn't require anything other than normal service items until 2007 when I replaced the alternator. Find a used Corolla, any year, with less than 80K and GO BUY IT!!!"