1997 Toyota Corolla

Based on 449 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

I can't say enough good things about this car.

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I commute 60 miles a day, and so I bought this car for $3400 2 years ago specifically for economical reasons. I have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Today its got 120,000 miles on it. I priced it just to see what it's worth now and to my surprise it was around $3200. $200 for 2 years and $30000 miles! Not bad! It still drives and handles identically to when I bought it. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I also put brand new tires on it, but this car gives me practically no problems. The clear coat is starting to peal a bit but I live in a hot sunny climate and it is out doors 24 hours a day."

best deal

By on Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent response, easy to park"

Cons: "no interval wipers, no cruise control"

"I bought this car in 2004. My brother said it wouldn't last and I paid too much for it ($8000). I've only had to do a few repairs such as brakes, oil pan gasket and head gasket. This car has never let me down, never left me stranded. Since I'm only 5'2", this car is the perfect size for me. The body is still in pretty good condition with minimal rust. It's not the car for everyone; my husband calls it 'the go-cart' but I love it! I'm going to be trading it in on a slightly larger car, that he can enjoy driving as well and I'll be sad to see it go. I expect to see it driving around town for a long time to come. Great little car!"

Will outlast your patience-

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Bought new with 2 miles on odometer and drove all of 210k miles with no incidents. Was supposed to be for a couple of years before I bought something I really wanted. Almost 14 years, a marriage, and two kids later, it is the only one that remains from before my marriage and is the envy of my wife! I am slowly being worked on over the years by my wife to get rid of it and finally it seems to be working as I am starting to yearn for another car. Still get 34/45 mpg, runs and looks great, will not die! Will have to say good bye soon - a heartbreaker indeed!"

very reliable one owner car!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, very reliable"

"Good gas mileage, very reliable (225,000 miles so far!),no major repairs!Drove it myself for 14 years, then trusted it with my two children."

Best Car I Ever Owned this is my third car.

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful to drive, great price."

Cons: "No cd player or cassette player."

"Top vehicle ever. Never had any large maintenance problems, kept it oiled, gassed,a dent on back fender, roofing material over drivers seat has split. Needs a minor paint job. Car is great on gas."

18 years old and still runs well!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "2 cup holders that don't fit modern cups"

"My family bought this car used many years ago. I learned to drive on it and later received it as a graduation gift. She's had her share of problems, all related to standard wear and tear. 18 years old and she's never failed an emissions test. I can still get 400 miles to the tank all highway driving and about 300 off highway. I don't treat her the way a car enthusiast might. She's a bit beat, but continues to run well. The only reason I'm considering a new car is because she hit the 200,000 mark and needs a lot of routine repairs that cost more than she's worth. I promised I'd run her into the ground and I plan to do the same with my next Corolla. It's a wonderful car and will easily last a long time."

Fantastic Commuter - VERY reliable car

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Great Gas Mileage, Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Not much passing power, nor the greatest "date" car"

"I am the third owner after my father-in-law and sister-in-law. I bought it at 100,000 miles over 2 years ago, and this car has been flawless. I've only had to do maintenance (went ahead at 120,000 service when I replaced timing belt, also had the garage replace the water pump and engine seals). Otherwise, I keep fresh oil in it, and it asks nothing of me other than a gallon of gas every 36 miles going 70mph to and from work daily. Not a sports car by any means, but this 1.8L (7afe) makes good torque for everyday driving. A/C is ice cold, and 4-speed auto shifts smoothly. A/C has never been serviced, and every 60k, flush and fill transmission. Terrific small car, and if you can find one in good condition, it will treat you right. While I only want another 50-60k out of it, I'm sure it has far more left in it."

Loved this car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Reason: Wanted a SUV

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "Smallish"

"My first car where every thing worked..no alternate switches or home repairs on the seat. It works..as expected. Good value safe ride. Perfect for a student driver. Solid."

i LOVE IT, GOOD ON GAS AND VERY GOOD TO MAINTANCE

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR, I HAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, IS VERY ECONOMIC, (36 MILES PER GALLON)I DON'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT NEED OIL IF I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000 MILES I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT EVERY TIME AND WHEN I DO THE CHANGES THE OIL LOOKS STILL USABLE,ALWAYS START IN THE MORNING, VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE SPECIALLY ON LONG TRIPS, COOL A/C AND VERY TRUST ABLE."

Great balance between style and economical

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, style, and comfort"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered but fine for all driving."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

"I recently traded a large SUV with a gas guzzling engine for this Toyota Corolla. I commute over 80 miles a day for work. It runs smooth and drives great. It has amazing gas mileage, I pay about $50.00 a week in gas when I used to pay triple that. It has style, which I like in a car/truck, but it is also practical. I have two kids so the 4-door is great. I am a pretty big guy at 6'2" and 220 lbs, and I have room to spare in this Corolla. Toyota is known for it's long lasting and reliable vehicles, so I would absolutely recommend a Corolla to friends and family."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.