1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 449 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Brilliant - Will only ever buy Corollas!

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"I love my Toyota Corolla and would never drive another car! It is amazing on gas (6 hours on the highway is one fill-up of 10 gallons) and is very, very dependable. My car is a 1996 and I have never had a problem that required going to the mechanic. I live in a cold weather climate and summer or winter, I never have any prolems starting the car or driving. It also handles really well in the snow. I live on a hill and only the 4WD cars and my Corolla can get up when it snows! I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car."

Rock Solid!

By on Saturday, March 25, 2017

Pros: "Runs forever. 5sp has plenty of acceleration."

Cons: "Not a girl magnet."

"I brought the car to a local shop to have the timing belt changed at 200k just because I was doing a 500 mile a week commute for a few months and didnt want to risk getting stranded. The mechanic popped open the hood and said - Oh, you have the good one - This engine is rock solid and just keeps on going. He was referring to 1.6L and said engine type was rock solid and definitely preferred over the 1.8L. I make a point to only use ethanol free gas and get up to 38mpg highway. The car is over twenty years old and gets better gas mileage than most cars put out today - something wrong with that. I do try to keep it at 65mph or less just for the fact engine and transmission is not made for higher revs/speed. I have had to replace plastic inner door handles due to dry rot. Replaced door speakers due to dry rot. Gone through a few sets of tires. Usual stuff. This is a manual 5sp and has original clutch. I assume I have had brakes done but honestly dont remember doing so and not in last ten years (50k miles) anyway. Even battery currently in it is 10 years old and doing just fine. I suspect I didnt have to change timing belt. My parents wanted me in something more current with safer technology - side airbags and bigger I guess and offered me 25k so I could buy a Dodge Ram but I kept the Toyota 1.6L. If something goes catastrophically wrong on a new car I could be out 2k just for air conditioner replacement (oh and air works great and has never been touched) so I saw no reason to fix it if it was not broke. If something went wrong with current car I would probably search for a maintained Toyota 1.6L"

I drove it and it never died. 200000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pros: "great"

Cons: "really none. It served me well."

"REALLY great car. I probably will not find a car then I can treat it terrible and it wouldn't die."

car always ran great

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"the car has always run great. front windows do not operate. slight dent in door."

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, great in the snow, small."

Cons: "lack of cup holders, no cd player, slow"

"I bought my 94 corolla a year ago..i just had it inspected and it needed nothing!! The gas mileage is wonderful, and it's great in the snow. I have never had even the smallest issue with this car. I absolutely love it!"