1995 Toyota Corolla

Based on 449 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

18 years old and still runs well!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "2 cup holders that don't fit modern cups"

"My family bought this car used many years ago. I learned to drive on it and later received it as a graduation gift. She's had her share of problems, all related to standard wear and tear. 18 years old and she's never failed an emissions test. I can still get 400 miles to the tank all highway driving and about 300 off highway. I don't treat her the way a car enthusiast might. She's a bit beat, but continues to run well. The only reason I'm considering a new car is because she hit the 200,000 mark and needs a lot of routine repairs that cost more than she's worth. I promised I'd run her into the ground and I plan to do the same with my next Corolla. It's a wonderful car and will easily last a long time."

Fantastic Commuter - VERY reliable car

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Great Gas Mileage, Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Not much passing power, nor the greatest "date" car"

"I am the third owner after my father-in-law and sister-in-law. I bought it at 100,000 miles over 2 years ago, and this car has been flawless. I've only had to do maintenance (went ahead at 120,000 service when I replaced timing belt, also had the garage replace the water pump and engine seals). Otherwise, I keep fresh oil in it, and it asks nothing of me other than a gallon of gas every 36 miles going 70mph to and from work daily. Not a sports car by any means, but this 1.8L (7afe) makes good torque for everyday driving. A/C is ice cold, and 4-speed auto shifts smoothly. A/C has never been serviced, and every 60k, flush and fill transmission. Terrific small car, and if you can find one in good condition, it will treat you right. While I only want another 50-60k out of it, I'm sure it has far more left in it."

Loved this car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Reason: Wanted a SUV

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "Smallish"

"My first car where every thing worked..no alternate switches or home repairs on the seat. It works..as expected. Good value safe ride. Perfect for a student driver. Solid."

i LOVE IT, GOOD ON GAS AND VERY GOOD TO MAINTANCE

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"I LOVE THIS CAR, I HAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, IS VERY ECONOMIC, (36 MILES PER GALLON)I DON'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT NEED OIL IF I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000 MILES I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT EVERY TIME AND WHEN I DO THE CHANGES THE OIL LOOKS STILL USABLE,ALWAYS START IN THE MORNING, VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE SPECIALLY ON LONG TRIPS, COOL A/C AND VERY TRUST ABLE."

Great balance between style and economical

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, style, and comfort"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered but fine for all driving."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.

"I recently traded a large SUV with a gas guzzling engine for this Toyota Corolla. I commute over 80 miles a day for work. It runs smooth and drives great. It has amazing gas mileage, I pay about $50.00 a week in gas when I used to pay triple that. It has style, which I like in a car/truck, but it is also practical. I have two kids so the 4-door is great. I am a pretty big guy at 6'2" and 220 lbs, and I have room to spare in this Corolla. Toyota is known for it's long lasting and reliable vehicles, so I would absolutely recommend a Corolla to friends and family."

Before I did some customizing, this is a great little car.