2016 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,665 - $29,115.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/02/2017

10/9.1

8.4

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

2015 Toyota Camry SE problems/issues

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

"I recently bought a 2015 Toyota Camry. I am writing this review to make you people aware of few issues/problems that I experienced in this model which could help you decide whether to buy 2015 Camry or not. Firstly, this car has vibrations especially in the wheels between 44 mph through 55 mph, so when you test drive make sure you observe the vibrations at this speed on a smooth road. Secondly, if you still want to go ahead and buy this car make sure to not have Bridgestone tires on it, as these tires magnifies the vibrations. Other than these other performance parameters are good. As per the dealers whom I spoke to get these problems fixed, in the first place they denied the problem (very disappointing). However, after 6 weeks they (dealers, as they had customers with these problems before) accepted that it's a camry design issue which they said could be mitigated by changing tires to Michelin brand, however this would not remove/settle vibrations completely. Wish someone had written about this earlier. Hope this would help you all."

DEFECTIVE new 2017 Toyota Camry!!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2016

"DEFECTIVE new 2017 Toyota Camry!! On November 18, 2016, we bought a new 2017 Toyota Camry. We bought Toyota because of its reputation in reliability and quality. But it turns out this car is defective and made with a bad transmission. Because of this major defect, we have reason to believe there’s extremely poor quality control of the production process of this entire car if not other 2017 Camry’s. We weren’t given a chance to test drive the new car by our dealer. On our way back home on 11/18, we noticed that the car jerked forward abnormally every time when we pressed on the brake. We took our car back to the dealer on 11/22 after try driving it multiple times at dealer’s recommendation. It took the dealer 4 hours to fix it. They adjusted the fluid level within the transmission according to the paperwork. We haven’t had a chance driving the car again until 12/5 because of a flu in the family. On 12/5, the car won’t reverse and showed a warning message “Check Vehicle Stability Control System”. On 12/6/16, Toyota sent a toll truck and took our car back to the dealer’s service department. This time the service department replaced the defective new transmission with a re-manufactured (non-new) transmission. In two weeks after we had this car, the car has gone through 2 repairs on transmission and included the replacement of transmission on a brand new car. We paid for a brand new Toyota Camry XLE, now 2 weeks later, the transmission is broken and replaced with a refurbished transmission. It might be a better choice to just buy a used car with much less price. This is a terrible new car experience for us and we have to warn other consumers about it. There should be something special about owning a new car. Toyota destroyed our experience by giving us a defective car and wants us to go through a lengthy process to get a refund or replacement. Stay away from 2017 Toyota Camry!!  "

Not what I expected

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "Not much over the competition"

Cons: "Front seat borrowed from the Inquisition"

"I have driven a Honda, and my last two cars were Nissans. My last Nissan was comfortable and tight as a drum, no squeaks or rattles. It was also extremely comfortable. The 2016 Camry? Well...I had to take it back after a couple hundred miles because the passenger seat bracket was bad and the rattling was obnoxious. The dashboard squeaks sometimes, like one of those cheap convenience store coolers. The front seat is semi-torturous. It makes my back hurt, especially on the left side, and no adjustment seems to help. I didn't notice this on my three test drives, it cropped up later, so be wary. The car itself drives nicely. The 4 cylinder engine is fine for most of us, and the handling is deft. The MPG is a bit tricky though. My commute is 5 miles of side roads. If I drive like normal people, I get 20 MPG. If I operate the vehicle as a 95 year old, I get 25-32 city. Its quite odd. Overall, I think that I should have tried another vehicle. I was more sold on the car's reputation than the Camry itself. I'm 6'2" and 205 lbs, not enormous, I don't think, and its just not a fit."

Nice car but over priced.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2017

Pros: "full size spare tire, large trunk, drives good."

Cons: "back seat too small"

"I bought the car in Feb 2016 and it is Jan 2017 now. I use the car for daily commute about 40 miles a day both city and highway driving. The car handles very good for its size. The features back up camera, blue tooth are standard. I think the back seat could be a little bigger. I have two teenage grandsons that have hard time riding in backseat. If you are 5'8" and weight 150lbs are up you will be pressed for room. The trunk is really nice size and the full regular spare tire is great. The gas mileage is about 25 mpg around town and 30 mpg out on road driving 70 mph. I would"

I have owned 3 toyota trucks and 2 Camry's.

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "It is a fun car to drive."

Cons: "All good"

"When I purchased this vehicle I was getting 450 + miles per tank and now a year later I am lucky to get 350 to 385 miles per tank Why is this. I am not satisfied with the Mileage at all I have had all the required service done."