2012 Toyota Camry

Based on 320 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

By on Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pros: "Pricepoint, quality, reliability"

Cons: "Tad loud on the highway but expected"

"This is my first Toyota and I must say that we are impressed overall. I was returning from a deployment and needed to buy a car ASAP. The 2014s were on closeout and I found a Camry SE with basically no options. It's been a great car thus far. No issues to report and it has been a solid car."

Most reliable vehicle I've ever driven

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, no repair bills."

"I am an over the road salesman and this is the most dependable vehicle I have ever driven. Absolutely no problems with this vehicle. It has great fuel economy and is very comfortable to drive. Good handling and surprisingly quick response. Acceleration is great!"

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Pros: "Excellent car, great gas mileage, fun to drive"

"I love my Camry Hybrid XLE. I am retired and only drive it 10,000 miles per year. I have loved this car from the start and it hasnt disappointed me. I love all the special features it has. You cant lock yourself out of this car...the car wont let you forget your key. Runs extremely well. Pick-up is great on the expressway. Gas mileage is terrific! No problems. Put 4 brand-new tires on it recently. We never eat or smoke in the car. I would buy the same car over again. Same color too...white. Beautiful car, rides well. Extremely comfortable with excellent back support. This car never gives me back problems. It is in excellent condition and has never been in an accident. Best car I ever had."

Very good car without much personality

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Very reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Lacks driving personality, even for a family sedan"

"An excellent car if you want to efficiently move from point A to point B. I came out of a Honda Accord, and I prefer the drive of the Accord better. * The steering feel on the Camry is lacking, but that's not what this car is about. * The graphics on the center console on my SE model are very poor (huge pixels, like a very old computer), but I don't care too much about that. * You can't open the rear seat access to the trunk from inside the car, only from the trunk. That's seldom a problem, but I've had cars for 30 years that allowed trunk access from inside, so it's just a bit annoying this one doesn't. * If it's raining and you get in the car, water somehow collects above the door so that it wets the side of the seat (or your leg) pretty good when you open the door. * Apparently, the dealer can configure the car so that you can roll down the windows with the key fob, but I haven't bothered to have them do it; that was already configured that way on my old Accord, and it was nice. * Road noise is at least moderate if not a little louder; I've been in older Camrys that were quieter. These are just minor annoyances... there's not really much of substance to complain about. The Camry, like virtually every Toyota, is very reliable. It gets pretty good gas mileage, especially if you go easy on it. I knew I was buying essentially a mobile appliance when I opted for the Camry, even in "sporty" SE trim, but next time I'm going with something that lets me enjoy the drive a little more."

Good value for the money

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Stable on the highway when passing the bigrigs"

Cons: "Cheep tires"

"Purchased the vehicle new (Camry SE) in January of 2013. I drive a good bit so I quickly rack up miles on a vehicle. Fuel mileage has been good. The lowest mileage that it has given was 25 mpg, this was sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. Most of the time it averages 28 to 30 mpg commuting to and from work. The only thing that I can complain about is the tires, they seem as if they are low quality (cheep) and generate some road noise. Other than that the car has been great."

I love my new camry

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable. sharp looking car"

Cons: "the price of any cars these days is out ragous"

"I bought the 2014.5 se sport+ and it is a really sharp looking car"

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"great CAR HAVE OWNED HONDA, INFINITI,TOYOTA THIS IS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE IS GREAT, SMOOTH RIDE, GOOD QUALITY."

Compared to my 1998 Camry, I like the 98 better.

By on Sunday, April 9, 2017

"Bought another Camry because of its reputation and previous good experience. Disappointed with the 2014 compared to my 1998 that I still own for a couple of reasons. With the 2014 acceleration and braking very jerky and abrupt compared to the smooth delivery of my 98. Ive been told this is because Toyota switched from mechanical braking and acceleration to electronic. The suspension and ride is much harder and less comfortable than my 98. With the 2014 I can feel every little bump in the road. The 2014 also has fewer compartments than the 98 for your stuff and seems to have a wider turning radius. The light colored seat fabric shows every stain. Conventional oil worked fine in my 1998 and is a lot cheaper than the synthetic oil change of the 2014 that costs about 3 times as much. The 1998 has a dash light to tell you when the seat belt is not engaged while driving, the 2014 has an annoying alarm sound. I prefer the trunk key access option on the 98 that the 2014 doesnt have. Remote access key is so expensive to replace, I would prefer a traditional access key option."

Doesnt live up to my 2002 Camry XLE.

By on Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pros: "Nice look, comforable seats."

Cons: "poor mileage, no tray inside the center console"

"Owned my 2002 Camry XLE for 13 years, then sold it for 5,000. I was expecting much more from my 2014.5 Camry XLE. Mileage is only 21.5. Spotty problems with the computer system. I will lose Bluetooth phone connection on very cold days. A mildew type odor comes from the exhaust system."

Great overall car

By on Friday, February 17, 2017

Pros: "fun to drive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "low profile tires"

"2014.5 SE sport, we purchased it new, looks great, runs great,good ride and drive. My wife gets about 28mpg in. Her daily town driving, we usaly get about 35 on the hyw. Although the 18in wheels look Great, the ride suffers with them and the factory michelins are not my favorite in the rain would have rather not had the low profile tires"