2011 Toyota Camry

Based on 1653 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Satisfied

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"I have never owned a foreign car before, until the 2009 Camry I got in 7/08. Even with all the talk of Toyota's problems it is the best car I've owned. Mileage is great 35 to 36 miles per gallon. Only draw back is the traction in the snow and ice."

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Greast car, great comfort. The media is messing with peoples brain."

Excellent Value and Comfort

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"I own 2 of the new generation Camry base model CEs (2008 and 2009). I use them for business travel, and drive 25k +/- miles per year. I liked the '08 so much, that I gave it to my daughter for her first car and bought the '09 for myself. I add that because I feel very good about the safety features on the Camry. The little things, like the automatic running lights, the 5 star ratings, etc. mean a lot to me when she hits the highway every morning for school. She likes the styling, the sound system, etc., so we are both happy. I'm a big guy, and comfort on road trips is important. It's a great road car. Head room, leg room, seat comfort, road noise, etc. are all great, much better that some competitors. It handles well and performs good everywhere, especially on the Interstate. Very impressive for a 4 cylinder. I think that the transmission makes a big difference here. As for gripes, the transmission does seem to upshift and downshift irregularly at neighborhood speeds (30 +/- mph), especially if going downhill. It seems as if the car can't decide on the right gear to maintain a constant speed, and makes the ride a little jumpy. It is the same for both of our cars, and I noticed the same criticism from another owner. I am not really concerned that it will become a problem, it's just annoying. Also, on both cars, the window seal / stripping sticks to the glass. It happened to both cars within weeks of buying them. I actually thought that the power window motor was broken one day last summer, because the windows were stuck closed for several seconds. It also creates a black, visible outline on the edge of the windows where the rubber has stuck to the glass. I didn't notice this comment on any reviews, and I have not taken it to the dealer to see if it is common. In my mind, the quality of the new generation Camrys will be determined over time, thus my 4 star rating (that plus the window issue and the OEM tires are only good for about 30k miles). It does seem that attention to detail (the "fit and finish") may be a little less than with earlier Camry models, but then, it is a lot more stylish and has more creature comforts and features than it's more austere predecessors. Maybe I'm being too tough. Bottom line, it's a great car for the money and I would highly recommend it."

Ahead of the Curve

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I took a chance buying this vehicle back in August 2006 before the jury was in on gas-electric hybrids. Have no fear, this Camry is by far the most reliable, gas saving, comfortable vehicle I have ever owned in my 35 years of driving. Gas mileage of 39, 40, and 41 mpg is the norm. My gas savings when prices were over $3.00 a gallon soothed my fear that I overpaid for the car. Nothing but normal maintenance in my first 30K miles."

Love the Hybrid Camry!

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I bought a 2009 Camry Hybrid in July 2008. I ordered it LOADED with EVERY single item you could possible get on it. I LOVE the gas mileage, quiteness, comfort and extreme reliability. There is ALOT of room in this car! Though I do hate the lack of trunk space from the hybrid battery. The naviagation is not great, I think if I had it to do over again, I would NOT order the navigation and would just buy a Garmin/TomTom instead. One thing that I HATE about it, is that when you have the navigation system, the radio screen will NOT stay on. You have to keep hitting the "Audio" button after a minute or so to see what channel you have selected etc. Not a big deal, but should have been designed to be able to keep that screen ON if you want it. The appearance of the Camry is kind of plain looking. I bought a white one, my sister bought a black one. The black one looks much richer. I think it is a tiny bit overpriced compared to other cars that LOOK better, but the mileage is great. All in all, I LOVE THIS CAR. It is very, very comfortable to ride in, has lots of room, runs perfect. Gas mileage is great also! I already have 25K miles on it, and I have had NO problems at all. Great car!"

always toyota!!!

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"i love my toyotas! this is my 5th one. absolutely nothing wrong with camry Hybrid, not 1 problem. the mileage per gallon REALLY depends on how you drive in the short city trips. it can range from 30-39 mpg. (which is still pretty good!) drive like an egg under the gas pedal and you'll get good mpg. hiway is usually 39-40 mpg."

2009 Camry XLE

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"The interior is superior to that of the Nisan Maxima. The ride is as smooth as a Lexus 460 and just as quiet. The sound system could be improved. Thee is little sound seperation. With only 36 miles on the car when I dorve it off the lot, I got 29.8 mpg on the way home(32 miles) 50% freeway, 50% city driving. The performance in the six cylinder is very impressive. If your not a pretentious person, you will love the value, ride, performance and economy of the Camry."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"This is my second Toyota...first was an 01 Solara...and I will continue to purchase Toyotas for their value, style and reliability."

fantastic

By on Thursday, November 27, 2008

"I have driven Camry's since the late 80's but i havent driven one quite like this. The ride is exceptionally quite and its got lots of space inside. Overall it has a relaxed feel about it when you are cruising the streets, you can almost feel like you are having a conversation with the car. on the down side though, is the hesitation when you are in desperate need of power (To show off its performance to onlookers) but once it gets its kick going, its becomes sprightly. Overall, I would rate this car as another plus (+) from Toyota."

4cyl, XLE... love it

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I have problems w/ the Bluetooth: people have trouble hearing me; I break up (even w/ 5 bars); it drops me when call waiting beeps in; it'll drop me for no reason... I've tried 3 different phone (different mfg) and all had the same problem. The only problem I have with the radio is that sometimes will have no sound w/ the AM stations; if that happens that also means I have no sound w/ Bluetooth (I can't even hear the voice instructions). I took it to the dealer and of course it wouldn't do it for them. They replaced a ground in my trunk saying it should fix the problem & it didn't. The low beams are terrible; no reach at all. I have the typical hesitation when you step on the gas. I took it to the dealer for the fix and it's about 80% better. I know that sounds like a lot of complaining, but I do love my Camry. All the above are minor, except for the hesitation. I would definitely buy one again."

over rated

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"I purchased a 09 camry hybrid, and noticed that the seats are very uncomfortable, especially on long trips, the front/back bumpers are the cheapest I've ever seen on a vehicle. I used a brush on them at a car wash and they pushed in alot. Glad I never got in a reck with it. The voice activated navigation does not understand half of what you tell it you want, and when my wife needed direction in dallas, tx at night it took her 45 minutes out of the way. Go figure. I traded it off after 6 months. The power train and the gas milage might be good but the rest was sub par for a new vehicle of any kind. Save your money for a real vehicle, I was very surprised!"

Member of the 200K Club

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I own a 2003 LE 4dr. It has about 204K miles. For the past year, I have commuted 135 miles to work round trip Absolutely no mechanical problems. Basic maintenance and wear and tear (oil change / new brakes / new tires ). I believe that if I religiously maintain my oil change schedule and keep her tuned, I may get another 200K! I wished I had purchased a Camry years ago rather than the Ford Tempo"

A GOOD Car

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"I gave this car an excellent review. About 3 weeks ago, I was in a serious car accident involving a tractor-trailer. Although the car was considered a total loss, the safety features kept me from sustaining serious injury. I rate this car a 5++++"

Le camry 4 cy

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I have own this car for 6 months. The price was great. the car offers a lot for the price. The car get around 30 mpg on hwy. I find it has a soft sedan ride so it does not corner well. . there are some blind spots.When I drive long distances, my body is not beat. The car's ride make the trip bearable.The tranns does shift a lot but I got use to it.Soi far I am satisfied and would buy another."

I would rather a Honda!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I bought this car 1 year ago, it's a 4 cylinder, NO POWER at all, but great gas mileage. Very nice car, but the value isn't where it should be. Toyotas should hold their value, but looks like this one doesn't!"

Excellent All Around. A+ RATING <><

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"My wife loved this car, she is with our Lord now and I just sent in and paid it off and am going to make it my car now. Drives and looks great."

Great car, needs more cup holders

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"It is actually getting better than predicted mpg (35 in town, 39 on highway). Only three minor complaints: 1. Needs more cup holders. There are only two up front and two in back (and only if you fold down the center arm rest). 2. Factory tires only last for about 20,000 miles. No warranty on them. 3. Moonroof tilt down control is very touchy. You have to press it for one second only for it to close. Too short and it doesn't close completely. Too long and it closes and opens right back up. I'm definitely pleased with my purchase so far."

Love it!

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I absolutely love it. The handling is great. It is roomy enough inside for road trips with all adults. The gas mileage has been terrific. It has almost met the advertised EPA standards for me, but I am a conservative driver anyway. It does get lower mileage during colder weather when the engine has to run more to run the heater. I have the GPS navigation system installed, I don't know how I ever got along without it. It has come in handy in our business. All of the remote controls on the steering are wonderful. The sound system is as good as I would ever want. I'm not a great judge of that because I am not a music addict. I like to drive in quiet a lot of the time. I like and use the bluetooth feature for my cell phone. It works well for me. My wife doesn't like it as much because she feels like she has to shout to be heard. One complaint I have is that I still don't know how to use the voice activated features, but I haven't taken the time to learn. I have tried it a few times to make calls and have gotten points of interest icons activated on my GPS instead. I still have to get used to how to best use the automatic climate control system. It drives me crazy sometimes turning on AC when it is cold outside. One thing I would like to see added to the features would be an internal temperature reading. It currently has only the desired temperatures for both driver and passenger; it would be nice to see the actual temperature displayed. Great car."

Fits a family +++

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Love this car! Fits me and my family great. I have two young children and trunk space is a plus for us, the Camry can hold a double stroller, an umbrella stroller, and a weeks worth of groceries in the trunk. Fits the carseats perfectly in the back seat with room to spare in the middle for a third. The car is mechanically sound, preforms great and is great on gas consumption. Love my Camry!"

Very reliable

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I have the '07, and if it is anything like the '08 or '09, I would definitely buy it, over and over again. This is my 3rd Camry, and I am very satisfied with it. It is comfortable, spacious, with a lot of useful features. The tire pressure monitor saved me from having a flat in the middle of the road. It sensed low pressure right away, so I could have it repaired before going completely flat. The V6 has more than ample power, and it actually saves gas. Does not have to down-shift going on slight uphill grades. Stays in 6th gear. And the styling is very pleasing to the eyes. Neighbor and relatives have bought Camrys since I bought mine."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"I love how fully equiped it is. dont know what else the 50th anniversary edition has but can't be much more. mpg fluxuates between 32 and 45. drove from ohio to denver colorado and had no problems. i did back into the house but it is all fixed now. the trunk is small because of the battery vent and batteries there.,"

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"Traded in our 04 G35x which was a wonderful car but the boss wanted a green car so we bought the camry. After 2 months we just love it, even better than the Infinniti"

Very Disappointing

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"I sold my '93 Camry to my daughter. It was a fabulous car and I still see many of them on the street. Unfortunately, the 2007 XLE is no where near the car...very overpriced (CDN) Brakes squealed when backing up (have been replaced) the car rattles to the point that it is distracting while driving (and I don't usually hear squeaks and rattles) but these rattles are over the top...feel like the whole front end is going to fall off. All round the car looks great but is a cheap car, slow response and feels like I'm driving an old jalopy! Give me back my '93 any day. Now it went zoom zoom! Toyota has lost this loyal customer. I too will be trading in for a TL right after Christmas!"

lag in SE 4cyl

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"I love the car except the lag in speeding up, I also feel it is a HUGE safety issue when pulling out onto highway, luckily I have taken mine to the dealership with multiple complaints and Toyota is in the process of repurchasing my vehicle from me due to my concerns, and that there is not a "fix" yet. Otherwise, I love the sporty look and feel. I plan to repurchase another one, maybe a V6 this time in hopes to avoid the lag. I will continue to recommend the car and especially since Toyota has stood behind the vehicle and wants me to be a satisfied customer."

Good Comfortable Car

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"I've read about people having issues with the transmission and other items. I can say I think there is a major difference in the Camry built in the USA and those built in Japan. I have a XLE fully loaded minus leather and nav system (didn't want leather), and mine was imported in. I've rented the 2007 SE and was not happy with it, but it was built in the states. Not sure if there is a big difference or not, but the ride was not as quiet and there were some querky things my car didn't have. The ride is quiet and smooth, but being objective I think there are some issues which I will bring up on my first service. The transmission downshifts too frequently when cruise is engaged for the slightest grade increases. As well, if you take your foot off the gas and coast, after 3-5 seconds the transmission disengages and you actually speed up a bit. This is something they need to fix as you come up to lights or stop signs. I love the sound system and there is plenty of room for all passengers. The trunk has plenty of room as well. I've had it now for 4 months or so and only have 2500 miles on it so it's still breaking in. I can notice the engine getting stronger every 500 miles or so, so overall I am very very happy with it. Love the bluetooth, but sometimes it has trouble recognizing the right number, but I like it recognizes special characters too! I had to adjust the default settings as the doors unlocked when you put it in park. That was easy to fix. I would like to know how to adjust the auto headlight thing so it turns off immediately but I understand Toyota has to do it. Bah! I did find a work around to shut off the attention light which can be annoying (it does get your attention!)"